EXPERIENCE The 2024 Mitsubishi Shaft Experience

Lots of talk in here about that WB 53, I bet one could get used to it but every time I try to go lighter bad bad things happen.

I went to a 50 gram weight class driver shaft about 3 or 4 years ago. I definitely had to exercise some patience when getting used to it.

I went to a 50 gram weight class driver shaft about 3 or 4 years ago. I definitely had to exercise some patience when getting used to it.
I bet. Always have to exercise patience when changing weights but I do think we can all get used to it eventually. I’m comfortable in the 60g range now but I know that’s probably going to change in the next couple years

Ballyhack hole breakdown today got me excited. I finally was at home when I saw that thread and logged into Shot Scope for the my strategy. This is what it has me at right now. Maybe with the new shaft I'll have a little more carry and a tighter dispersion so I can cut off the corner rather than aim at the house :unsure:. I'm so excited about this!
1713210112128.png

So, the deal with the putter shaft is they have to be installed into inner-hosel putters, not over-hosel. For example, something like a CH/plumber has an inner hosel design.
Hmm, that changes what I was thinking (I am pretty sure).

I like the looks of the Odessey Eleven Tour Lined DB which has a double offset so I am figuring it would not work:

Thoughts on a mallet that would allow this install?

I like the looks of the Odessey Eleven Tour Lined DB which has a double offset so I am figuring it would not work:

if you like the Eleven Tour Lined, you would probably have to go with the CH version

Really, it’s going to have to be a plumber/crank or a center shaft

Really, it’s going to have to be a plumber/crank or a center shaft
Hmm...Center Shaft will work you say? I may just leave my 7 CH as is and buy a new putter. As if I really needed an excuse :LOL:

Hmm...Center Shaft will work you say? I may just leave my 7 CH as is and buy a new putter. As if I really needed an excuse :LOL:
The new Edel Array putter line is very customizable with interchangeable hosels including a couple that would work with a Diamana putter shaft, and interchangeable aiming/alignment plates, weights.

Several models to choose from too.

Just saying.

The new Edel Array putter line is very customizable with interchangeable hosels including a couple that would work with a Diamana putter shaft, and interchangeable aiming/alignment plates, weights.

Several models to choose from too.

Just saying.
When they released those, I checked them out as well and the slant would work with the Mitsubishi shaft (I am almost positive).

Not certain, but I believe @Jman indicated that Diamana putter shafts would only work with a hosel like a plumbers neck where the shaft inserts into the hosel. The slant neck, I don’t believe will work with the Diamana shafts, but the short and long plumbers neck would.

Not certain, but I believe @Jman indicated that Diamana putter shafts would only work with a hosel like a plumbers neck where the shaft inserts into the hosel. The slant neck, I don’t believe will work with the Diamana shafts, but the short and long plumbers neck would.
Correct. Has to be an inner hosel, not an over hosel

@JB,
I went to the local Golf Galaxy and got on the launch monitor. It was very enlightening. In the end, the guy didn't try to sell me a $1000 driver, but told me I would be better off with a newer Callaway head (his opinion is that my 2019 Epic Flash SZ is better for lower handicap players than me) like a Rouge ST Max LS (which I happen to have on the way to me now) and a better shaft like a Graphite Design Tour AD-6 in stiff flex, which is more of an X flex than S because of the tip section being so stiff.

I also was hitting draws every time, even when I pushed the shot to the right, since my head path and face were open and I have a very late and hard release to try to save it.

I went back into the shaft fitting tool and changed some inputs and instead of the original recommendation of:
index.php

The new recommendations are:
index.php

Looking at the Graphite Design Tour AD shaft info, it is a medium butt, medium mid and stiff tip design that is high launch with low spin.

I am confused as to what shaft I should get now! Any ideas or recommendations on who I should chat with?

Which Graphite Design Tour AD shaft did they recommend? Was it the orange colored Tour AD DI 6S?

Which Graphite Design Tour AD shaft did they recommend? Was it the orange colored Tour AD DI 6S?
It was the orange AD 6-S, pre AD DI.

The shaft that likely will be most similar I believe is the Diamana TB.

The shaft that likely will be most similar I believe is the Diamana TB.
Thank you. Unfortunately I didn't do a fitting and only hit that shaft and a Tensei 1K Pro Black in a 3 wood. The Tensei was softer and felt smooth, but I dont get along with faiirway woods much and almost every swing was super low on the face. Still 100 mph head speed, but low.
Driver was 106 mph swing speed.

Many of the Graphite Design shafts are similar and have a bend profile like the Diamana Blue Board. The Diamana TB is the 5th generation of that profile. It is a very smooth feeling shaft.

The Tensei 1K Pro Blue Pro is a variation of that same profile as well but probably a bit more stout.

The Tensei 1K Pro Black is a low launch low spin shaft more similar to the Diamana WB or Whiteboard profile.

At 106 MPH you are right at the border between Stiff and X-Stiff. The nature of your backswing transition would probably be the deciding factor on which flex would be best.

@Jman and @Browndog droping some serious shaft knowledge in here. You guys are both getting me even more excited to learn more from the team at Mitsubishi.

Shafts have something I’ve been I guess a little timid to learn more about. It can be intimidating when you see all the profiles, torque, materials, etc.

@JB,
I went to the local Golf Galaxy and got on the launch monitor. It was very enlightening. In the end, the guy didn't try to sell me a $1000 driver, but told me I would be better off with a newer Callaway head (his opinion is that my 2019 Epic Flash SZ is better for lower handicap players than me) like a Rouge ST Max LS (which I happen to have on the way to me now) and a better shaft like a Graphite Design Tour AD-6 in stiff flex, which is more of an X flex than S because of the tip section being so stiff.

I also was hitting draws every time, even when I pushed the shot to the right, since my head path and face were open and I have a very late and hard release to try to save it.

I went back into the shaft fitting tool and changed some inputs and instead of the original recommendation of:
index.php

The new recommendations are:
index.php

Looking at the Graphite Design Tour AD shaft info, it is a medium butt, medium mid and stiff tip design that is high launch with low spin.

I am confused as to what shaft I should get now! Any ideas or recommendations on who I should chat with?
Let me get to tomorrow evening and I’ll circle back on this, i can help, happily.

@Jman and @Browndog droping some serious shaft knowledge in here. You guys are both getting me even more excited to learn more from the team at Mitsubishi.

Shafts have something I’ve been I guess a little timid to learn more about. It can be intimidating when you see all the profiles, torque, materials, etc.
Shafts seem like they should be simple things but we all know it is anything but that. Most people take whatever they can get and deal with it. I also am seriously looking forward to the knowledge I will gain from the experience!

Many of the Graphite Design shafts are similar and have a bend profile like the Diamana Blue Board. The Diamana TB is the 5th generation of that profile. It is a very smooth feeling shaft.

The Tensei 1K Pro Blue Pro is a variation of that same profile as well but probably a bit more stout.

The Tensei 1K Pro Black is a low launch low spin shaft more similar to the Diamana WB or Whiteboard profile.

At 106 MPH you are right at the border between Stiff and X-Stiff. The nature of your backswing transition would probably be the deciding factor on which flex would be best.
My transition is pretty smooth, especially since I started working on slowing down my transition from backswing to downswing. I do get quick sometimes and I know it as soon as I do it and correct it on the next swing.

Thinking about this event, I decided to put my old Tensei AV Raw White in the Darkspeed X for today’s round. I hit some absolute bombs with it and can’t wait to get the new shaft!

So did anyone in the group go with the WB?

IMG_6667.jpeg

Back