2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

RMA up 2-1 on MC was not what I thought the first half would be.

I don't know if it went to VAR but a PK was given.
Iā€™d say the defender didnā€™t get the ball and caught attackers back leg with the challenge. Problem is attacker started dragging that leg like it had been shot even before the defender missed with the initial challengeā€¦..

Iā€™d say the defender didnā€™t get the ball and caught attackers back leg with the challenge. Problem is attacker started dragging that leg like it had been shot even before the defender missed with the initial challengeā€¦..
In real time I can see something being called, but with VAR/slow motion, the defender never touched the attacking player until the attacking player dragged his leg into him while he was down. There was no initial contact based on that replay from the defender.

Not the attacker's job to avoid contact.

In real time I can see something being called, but with VAR/slow motion, the defender never touched the attacking player until the attacking player dragged his leg into him while he was down. There was no initial contact based on that replay from the defender.
agreed, and if VAR doesn't catch, let's not waste the time and effort on it

#instantreplaymakessportsworse

It was the contact on Elliot's right leg. That's a pen.
Except if you watch it, there is no real contact by the defender, he's on the ground and Elliot drags his leg into the defender and goes over, at full speed it looks worse but its another example of poor defending (keeper should be telling him to stay on his feet) and players looking for the penalty

Except if you watch it, there is no real contact by the defender, he's on the ground and Elliot drags his leg into the defender and goes over, at full speed it looks worse but its another example of poor defending (keeper should be telling him to stay on his feet) and players looking for the penalty
textbook poor defending, but with replay I say no foul

That's Elliot's space. You can't put your leg in the way of the attacker's stride.
but it is the attackers job to not feign contact
It's against the rules for a player to deceive the referee. It's the attacker's job to get a pen.

Arsenal has nobody to blame but themselves for the home draw against Bayern. It's like they go brain dead in CL play :mad:

Oh well, on to Munich!

Arsenal has nobody to blame but themselves for the home draw against Bayern. It's like they go brain dead in CL play :mad:

Oh well, on to Munich!
******* Harry Kane. Scores a pen and gets away with something dirty. Can take the player outta ****. Can't take the **** out of the player.

Last edited:
Wrong, how can you gift the title to Klopp if you don't give them every VAR call? šŸ¤£
Wait, was Liverpool in the white and green?

******* Harry Kane. Scores a pen and gets away with something dirty. Can take the player outta ****. Can't take the **** out of the player.
Agree on that Kane foul, he should have been sent off

Hate that mf

Agree on that Kane foul, he should have been sent off
So should be lifting the ball up in your box which is a clear handball šŸ˜†

So should be lifting the ball up in your box which is a clear handball šŸ˜†
Give Gabriel a break, he was suffering head trauma after the spinning back elbow from Kane.

Admittedly, I can't remember which happened first

Last edited:
Fail The Simpsons GIF

Should have been 4-0, Villa. Arsenal had a golden opportunity but blew it. Unai Emery beats them again. šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

No one wants to win this year :oops: Everyone fumbles in turn to let City win it again.

Back