Bryson DeChambeau Plays Avoda Golf Irons

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I did a quick search, and the Google machine says that Bryson DeChambeau is using a custom one-length set of iron from Avoda Golf. Have you ever heard of them? Have you ever seen a set of Avoda irons in real life? Thought?

Avoda Golf

IMG_2333.jpeg

They very similar to some DTC brands but way better quality forging from that pic

I haven’t seen a set yet. My good friend from high school is a pastor and he performed the marriage ceremony for the founder of Avoda Golf. I keep meaning to ask him about the company because they are good friends.

Never heard of them. I thought it was Avada when they first said it, and now I’m kinda sad they’re not spelled that way :(

harry potter avada kedavra GIF

Last edited:
They have a new level look to me

Apparently they had to be custom ground down to become conforming, because they were 3d printed, grooves were too close. Guessing it may be some time before they have it all figured out

Interesting. No I've never heard of or seen them until opening this thread.

Interesting.

Apparently they had to be custom ground down to become conforming, because they were 3d printed, grooves were too close. Guessing it may be some time before they have it all figured out
I bet with his needs 3-D printing probably the best option

paris hilton thats hot GIF

I’ll probably never see a set in the wild but those look fantastic.

During the coverage earlier today, they said he designed them, had them 3D printed and they were just approved for tournament play a couple days ago and he is playing them in the Masters as of yesterday. If true, that is incredible!

Popular look...Screenshot_20240413_075310_Chrome.jpg

I take that back. Closer look shows Srixon has Mass on perimeter, not Center Mass.

price is pretty reasonable, i'd almost certainly buy a set at some point if they had lefty heads

Head is very reminiscent of the excellent Mizuno TZoids from back in the 90's. I played some really good golf with that style of iron when I had game.

The cobra/Bryson issues are one reason i can’t get excited for this guy. You don’t often hear others criticize the hands that feeds them so publicly so often. I don’t know if he wanted out or what, but I’d have terminated the deal for cause immediately. I mean he’s an adult or a kid in an adults body? Can’t be both.

Last edited:
Just skimming this thread, I didn’t see it mentioned here, but apparently there’s some roll and bulge design into the club face. It will be interesting to see if any other OEM’s attempt to go that route.

Just skimming this thread, I didn’t see it mentioned here, but apparently there’s some roll and bulge design into the club face. It will be interesting to see if any other OEM’s attempt to go that route.
That’s kind of interesting. His equipment is so different, but it’s working for him.

The cobra/Bryson issues are one reason i can’t get excited for this guy. You don’t often hear others criticize the hands that feeds them so publicly so often. I don’t know if he wanted out or what, but I’d have terminated the deal for cause immediately. I mean he’s an adult or a kid in an adults body? Can’t be both.
Just another one of the golf millionaires that feel entitled to do, and say whatever.. Go back to LIV.. He and Sergio make good company for each other...

I had never heard of them until Bryson talked about them, don't hate the look of them.

Back