Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

One thing that I would add from my round yesterday is that the night before, I put the heavy weight back in the heel. I knew it was going to be a windy day and I thought it might help me keep my launch down. It definitely did. The difference from my prior round was really noticeable. In normal conditions, I definitely need the heavy weight in the back out on the course, but it was great to have that adjustability, something the prior Cobra LS offerings didn’t have. That adjustability alone could justify upgrading to the DarkSpeed, imo.
Such a change from my Game days. Used to be you Tee'd it up or down depending on condition.

I have other shots to show. Wasn't planning on hitting drivers today, but took 10-12 swings and was quite happy with the performance. One thing I do kind of like about Darkspeed LS, is that I can feel, very easily, where contact is on the face. That is now always the case with me, but for this one, it's very noticeable.

I hit the range a bit early before the round and worked on the driver. I figured out the issue and had a really good day off of the tee. I did have 2 that got a bit right but playable. I also caught a tree that put the ball back towards me but it was in the FW lol. I had 11 FIR with a few others about 5 yards off the FW. This is my drive on 17 It is dogleg right and I cut the corner perfect.
IMG_5017.jpeg

I have other shots to show. Wasn't planning on hitting drivers today, but took 10-12 swings and was quite happy with the performance. One thing I do kind of like about Darkspeed LS, is that I can feel, very easily, where contact is on the face. That is now always the case with me, but for this one, it's very noticeable.
That is a very good point about contact feel. My 400 Max was forgiving but only way I could tell strike point was Ball flight or look at Face. The AeroJet allows you to "Feel" strike location and not surprised Darkspeed is the same.

Pretty fun video

Absolutely love what Cobra has done with this lineup and can hardly wait to get to work with my new Darkspeed driver in a couple months...unless I break down and order one before then!

Pretty fun video

Really enjoy hearing Mike Yagley talk about fluid dynamics and reducing drag and how they relate to increased club head speed

Pretty fun video

As an engineer and MC alum, this is hot.

Not sure if this has been posted or not yet, but for those looking for weight position info across Darkspeed heads, I found this in an in-depth breakdown video from Cobra execs. Just wish it had LS 10.5 included as well. Cool to see it compared to previous lines as well.

IMG_1686.png

Pretty fun video

And just as an FYI, Master Yagley is an Iowa State University grad! We turn out some above average engineers 🤣

Not sure if this has been posted or not yet, but for those looking for weight position info across Darkspeed heads, I found this in an in-depth breakdown video from Cobra execs. Just wish it had LS 10.5 included as well. Cool to see it compared to previous lines as well.

View attachment 9249635
and not just cobra execs..but the guy that does all the talking is Tom Oslavsky(which I'm sure I butchered). All the TM drivers that people fell in love, were his designs.

and not just cobra execs..but the guy that does all the talking is Tom Oslavsky(which I'm sure I butchered). All the TM drivers that people fell in love, were his designs.
Are you talking about the video or the chart?

Are you talking about the video or the chart?
the chart he shows is from the video TO did with Cool Clubs. He goes into really good in-depth detail about the DS line.

the chart he shows is from the video TO did with Cool Clubs. He goes into really good in-depth detail about the DS line.
oooh got ya, all I saw was a graphic

And just as an FYI, Master Yagley is an Iowa State University grad! We turn out some above average engineers 🤣
Go Cyclones!

I feel extremely fortunate that I was able to spend time with Yags and talk about physics and golf equipment.

IMG_0116.png

IMG_0117.png

A couple of the other "big balls"

Here’s my whole session. Some really good things here even with several wild shots. It’s the first session where I have really seen any sort of speed from my swing and ball. Saaw some good launch and spin as I’ve been working on raising the contact from low on the face. Definitely the best session of the year and things are progressing nicely in my mind.

Open Export_ShotsHistory_03182024_132943.jpeg.png

Graphics make it look lower than it is but thats solid!
I feel like those would run for days at Briggs or Ballyhack

View attachment 9249635
Really interesting, thanks for sharing. Looks like a much narrower gap between LS and Standard models than prior years. Seems to validate some of what folks have experienced (myself included) that the LS head is very playable in the weight back position. Looks like if you want low spin with a little forgiveness you'd have the choice of LS weight back or Max weight forward :unsure:

I feel like those would run for days at Briggs or Ballyhack
Omg what we are hearing about Briggs you might see some tour roll!

View attachment 9249635
I am not sure how to interpret this graph. Is there any kind of legend?

Back