Shot Scope X5 Watch

Debating how long it will be before this new(er) release will be. Starting to think it will be summer or later. Hmmm. Maybe new X5 should be purchased….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debating how long it will be before this new(er) release will be. Starting to think it will be summer or later. Hmmm. Maybe new X5 should be purchased….

If this newest release is just getting rid of or making the touch screen optional (since pictures show 4-buttons), I am going to pass on it. Admittedly, I do have issues with the touch screen, especially at this time of the year with wearing long sleeve jackets, as the Pin Collect screen is not locked even when that option is selected, and a sleeve brushing against the face activates the Pin Collect feature before I am able to or want to do it. There would have to be exceptional features added to cause me to get the latest version, even with the issue I have with putting.

If this newest release is just getting rid of or making the touch screen optional (since pictures show 4-buttons), I am going to pass on it. Admittedly, I do have issues with the touch screen, especially at this time of the year with wearing long sleeve jackets, as the Pin Collect screen is not locked even when that option is selected, and a sleeve brushing against the face activates the Pin Collect feature before I am able to or want to do it. There would have to be exceptional features added to cause me to get the latest version, even with the issue I have with putting.

Tell me more! I thought it locked automatically? And you had to push and hold or swipe to unlock?

And pin collect on the watch? How long does it take to unlock the watch, type in number of putts and hit collect while standing at the flag?

I can imagine my group wanting me out of the way while they wait to putt, why I am entering everything to collect my proper stats.

Tell me more! I thought it locked automatically? And you had to push and hold or swipe to unlock?

And pin collect on the watch? How long does it take to unlock the watch, type in number of putts and hit collect while standing at the flag?

I can imagine my group wanting me out of the way while they wait to putt, why I am entering everything to collect my proper stats.

You have the option to play with the watch "locked" and which method of unlocking you want to use (tap and hold or swipe up), or you can play with it totally unlocked. During the summer, wearing short sleeve shirts, I played with the watch unlocked. However, even when you choose to play with it locked, the Pin Collect screen remains unlocked. I have played with both methods of putting, Auto and Manual, and neither takes but an instant while standing at/over the hole to either just mark the hole location after marking each putt (Manual method), or adjust the number of times I used the putter while marking the hole location (Auto method). If the Pin Collect screen were to be locked, the amount of added time to unlock it would still not be intrusive, in my opinion. I can't be adding much time to our rounds, as our foursome plays in under 2 1/2 hours (yes, for 18).

You have the option to play with the watch "locked" and which method of unlocking you want to use (tap and hold or swipe up), or you can play with it totally unlocked. During the summer, wearing short sleeve shirts, I played with the watch unlocked. However, even when you choose to play with it locked, the Pin Collect screen remains unlocked. I have played with both methods of putting, Auto and Manual, and neither takes but an instant while standing at/over the hole to either just mark the hole location after marking each putt (Manual method), or adjust the number of times I used the putter while marking the hole location (Auto method). If the Pin Collect screen were to be locked, the amount of added time to unlock it would still not be intrusive, in my opinion. I can't be adding much time to our rounds, as our foursome plays in under 2 1/2 hours (yes, for 18).

Holy moly. Under 2.5 hrs for 18!!! Job well done. Must be first out.

Grinding Machine Shop GIF by GSI Machine and Fabrication

Holy moly. Under 2.5 hrs for 18!!! Job well done. Must be first out.

Yes, first tee time every weekday, weather permitting. It does mean getting up in the middle of the night to book our tee times when they become available exactly 10 days before at midnight. But hey, I'm old, so I’m usually up in the middle of the night, at least once anyway ,to go to the bathroom!

@Iceman! On a bad day, it might stretch out to 2:40! :D

Soon my X5 will have it's tags transferred over to all my new gear. Not in a rush right now since I can't get on the course anytime soon, but excited to start gathering on course data again!

Headed to Myrtle to play for 5 days this Saturday. Wish I had it for this week.

Headed to Myrtle to play for 5 days this Saturday. Wish I had it for this week.

In addition to all the on-course features and data collection and analysis available, another neat thing is being able to look back on those memorable rounds, especially on courses you get the rare opportunity to play.

Forgot my watch at home yesterday for the round. First time in a year that it’s happened

Getting old sucks 😑😂

X5 peeps, lets talk broken tags. I moved from X5 to Connex about 6 months ago when it was released and in the last month have had the 3 wood tag break off at the base of the screw, which SS mailed a replacement quickly, and today my Driver tag broke off the same way. While swinging in my garage. I keep them inside when cold (or hot), I don't slam them around, push them aggressively into my bag, etc. I take good care of my stuff. Not sure if it is a defect in my tags or that they don't like my grips (Lamkin Sonar midsize). Anyone else having tags snap off? (I seem to remember the X5 and Connex tags being basically the same?)

X5 peeps, lets talk broken tags. I moved from X5 to Connex about 6 months ago when it was released and in the last month have had the 3 wood tag break off at the base of the screw, which SS mailed a replacement quickly, and today my Driver tag broke off the same way. While swinging in my garage. I keep them inside when cold (or hot), I don't slam them around, push them aggressively into my bag, etc. I take good care of my stuff. Not sure if it is a defect in my tags or that they don't like my grips (Lamkin Sonar midsize). Anyone else having tags snap off? (I seem to remember the X5 and Connex tags being basically the same?)
Not a single break. What grips are you using? Bag?

Not a single break. What grips are you using? Bag?
Lamkin Sonar midsize. C130 (2022 model) bag. Nothing crazy.

It's just weird. SS has been great about replacing them and all, I just don't know how I've had two break now so close together.

The only tag I have ever had snap off was my original putter tag. I installed it on a back-weighted putter and could only screw it in so far. I thought it was in far enough and would be OK, but I was obviously wrong. Since then, my putter tags are all glued and taped on without the thread portion.

For what ever reason, the newer tags that are supposed to work better with grips with a rounded end cap don’t seem to screw in as tight as they do on grips I have that have a flat end cap. So what I have done is wrap a piece of electrical tape around one side to keep them from twisting. I also added small felt, self-stick furniture pads to the tags, which I have now switched out for self-adhesive glass tabletop bumpers. The benefit of the latter is that they are practically see-through, are slightly larger covering more of the tag, and thicker, providing even greater protection from rubbing on the bottom of the bag.

None of the measures I have taken seem to have had any effect on the tags being recognized.

Nope. I’ve never had any tag issues at all. I take normal care of my stuff and they all seem to work just fine. I’m sure it’ll happen at some point due to wear and tear but so far I have not lost a v3 or x5 tag in the past 2 years.

Forgot my watch at home yesterday for the round. First time in a year that it’s happened

Getting old sucks 😑😂
It feels awful whenever I forget it now. It’s so strange

Is there any way to verify all the tags are working properly?

Another round in the books and the X5 was great. It took a couple minutes to find the satellite but was fine other than that

Another round in the books and the X5 was great. It took a couple minutes to find the satellite but was fine other than that

Dang it. I’ve just got to get it. FOMO got me on whatever that new one is from the show, but I’d be doing the community a favor but hurrying up and buying the current X5, cause as soon as I do, the new one will drop.

Is there any way to verify all the tags are working properly?
Yes. In the settings menu there is Tag Read. Use that to see if the tags are being detected.

Another noob question, how do you use the tracking + gps mode? Do you launch the tracking directly from the watch? Or do you launch first the tracking from the smartphone? I've been trying to find it out through the topic but I have not seen nothing about this (but probably it have been already discussed).

Another noob question, how do you use the tracking + gps mode? Do you launch the tracking directly from the watch? Or do you launch first the tracking from the smartphone? I've been trying to find it out through the topic but I have not seen nothing about this (but probably it have been already discussed).
I do tracking + gps on my watch at the course

Everything through the watch when you get to the course.

I don’t use my smartphone at all until after the round to sync and I also do my edits at home on the computer because it is easier for me.

Back