Swing eval being confirmed and they should be open for the 12th. Coach is going to call me back when he gets some down time from setting up the new place.

Will be interesting and like starting over. Have a game plan for the body and issues. Won't derail this thread on that.

Post in thread 'Pinched nerve in neck' https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...s/pinched-nerve-in-neck.8922331/post-12129756

It's happening!

Last edited:
Today at 11 and I'm a little nervous/excited. Not of what we find, but if I can do it. A lot of stretching, OTC meds, and a few uplifts that I can full swing.

Today at 11 and I'm a little nervous/excited. Not of what we find, but if I can do it. A lot of stretching, OTC meds, and a few uplifts that I can full swing.
you'll crush it

• On Fire
Reactions: J4U
you'll crush it
Well ..I didn't crush it, but did get through it. Trashing everything, JK...not really, sorta :ROFLMAO:

Boy...seeing yourself on video is a whole different world. He was able to explain how I'm getting distance from such a little guy. Of course we are scrapping that process. Buying into it as it makes since. Will be so hard for me.

Good thing ..I don't have to make ball contact all the time. Boy does it feel weird and totally foreign.

New location isn't fully open yet and still doing some final touches and work.
1000000955.jpg
1000000954.jpg
1000000953.jpg
They have four smaller rooms, yet are big enough to not feel cramped.
1000000952.jpg
1000000951.jpg
Only 10 minutes away and he is willing to work with my schedule. Went straight into a lesson after the swing eval. Take-a-way and not manipulating the club head with my right elbow. Was quite amazingly crazy seeing what I actually do compared to what I think I do.

Have a standing practice session set up an hour a week so I can use the cameras and system. This will supplement my work at home in the sim.

Will be practicing what we went over today the rest of this week. Next lesson is on 3/8 due to travel.

Found my phone holder to fit in a tripod, will come in handy with the App.

Ulanzi ST-03 Metal Smart Phone Tripod Mount | with Cold Shoe Mount | C/W Arca-Style Quick Release Plate | for iPhone 12 Pro 11 Xs X 8 7 Plus Samsung Huawei | Cell Phone Holder Clip Adapter | Red https://a.co/d/0T8vySe
1000000961.png

Latest lesson is done. It was nice to hear my instructor ask me what I'm working on after watching me warm up for several shots. I told him my club path and and really overall face-to-path. For the past couple weeks I've been between 10-14° in to out and depending on how well I match up my face angle - well, it's either a massive draw or an off the planet hook. My warm ups were a huge improvement as they were roughly 1-2° (in to out) so that was good to see on the SkyTrac. My shot shape was either on target or about 5 yards right of target.

We focused on this for the first half of the lesson, working on keeping my club path more in that 0-3° and matching up my face angle with that.

The last half of the lesson was - again - working on early extension. This will be my hardest swing fault to overcome. I've been doing this for as long as I've played golf. He gave me another drill to work on and I worked on that in the house last night after my lesson.

I definitely need to invest in a SkyTrac+. I see the benefits of having that at the house, there is no downside to owning that.

My latest lesson instructor has me working on more hand lead. Still struggling with keeping the right elbow close, this makes me feel very flat and kills my driver swing. Next lesson is Friday.

First practice session was this morning, had to reschedule as I forgot about the wife's medical procedure this morning.

Called my coach and easy peasy bump to later today. Won't be as open once they get up and running. This location will do well.

He is looking into the different accounts between ST and GT too, so maybe get that sorted out.

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Is she Excited or frustrated? 🤔

Right now working on a few things, all of which feel so awkward to me.

Today was just a practice session, but my coach came over to help. He is wanting me to stop the back swing when my left arm gets parallel. To help ingrain what we are working on.

This was before he came over and very unsure where the ball will go right now. Good to know my reflexes haven't slowed more than I thought. Actually caught this one :LOL:

View attachment 20240214_110400_1(1).mp4
It got better when I shortened the back swing, but there about three things in progress right now. Towards the end I could see a difference in just this practice session alone...progress. Amazing really as I haven't even started a full training session yet. Man I do not like watching myself, but it is the easiest to compare to an explanation as I wouldn't understand.

Neck was letting me and the rest of my body know I needed to stop towards the end, but was happy with the progress. It will take time.

Last edited:
Will be setting appointment for evaluation for week of March 8th. Would try and get in sooner but travel and work won’t allow it. I have You Tubed my swing to a place where it’s functional but not reliable.

It’s time for professional help. I’m to a point that I need some guidance. Instead of spending money on equipment to try and mask or bandaid the swing issues it’s time to spend some on lessons with specific drills to fix what is actually my issue. No more self diagnosis.

I have lots of time to spend on range and a pretty nice range to do it on. Unlimited balls hit all day if I like. Let’s see what they can do for me.

For those that have taken lesson either with GolfTec or other coaches how much time weekly do you spend practicing what you learned

For those that have taken lesson either with GolfTec or other coaches how much time weekly do you spend practicing what you learned
Most of my progress focus right now is mirror stuff where I don't need to simulate or hit balls.

Have a weekly one hour practice session at GT when in town and do about that every day now at home. Just not much work hitting. That will change as progression is made with more hitting less breaking mirrors ;)

It's totally dependant on the day, but I have the Skytrak in my basement so usually 10 - 30 minutes about 2-3 days a week, working on solid contact in the drills I've been given and working on making the swing longer as I work on it (started with 1/4 swings), and back down once contact suffers.

Starting to send out emails about the GT+ app. The picture is getting more clear about the fullness of the +'s (ST/GT) partnership and lesson's. The $50 subscription fee is waved and included in lesson packages.
1000001020.jpg

Looking forward to trying this piece of it out this year. As these new features/relationships roll out it will continue to empress.

Last edited:
I had a great quick lesson today. I actually learned how to fight pitch shots properly. He broke it down so easy, and I was able to control it pretty good height, wise, and distance wise!

Coaches first look

View attachment 1000001434.mp4

Never realized how far out in front of and over the club head gets on the back swing. I understand now comments that have been made in the past. So many changes in so many points to get the head back to the ball. Right arm, less flex in the left wrist, keeping away from my body are the focus to begin with. So much to change it seems...baby steps

Initial changes

View attachment 1000001435.mp4

He is wanting me to only go back where my left arm is parallel with the floor. Focusing on the others at the same time. Feels very awkward and difficult, but committed to the change. To what level of change is to be determined, but have to get away from bringing the shaft and head back over me. I forget about the lower body transitions often and what a mess. Not even focused on ball flight, distance, or many dynamics right now.

Notes from Coach
Flight Patterns Observed
Inconsistent strikes, mostly thin, and shots were starting and curving in different directions
Resolution Suggested
We are working to solve your face/path relationship and controlling the where you hit the ground
Actions For Improvements
Address - turn your left hand grip slightly to the right, flare your left foot
Swing - Your right arm needs to straight and then not pull your right arm back behind you
Suggested Practice
Mirror practice and I would like you to make paused swings where you check your top position and then hit.Go ahead and feel the club head like you normally do when you play regarding letting the club face close. Expect more right misses in the short term.

Last edited:
Have a question:

The links provided in the lessons do not play within the post and must be clicked. It then takes you to GolfTec to view. Is there another way to embed the links so they don't require an additional click?

@AuzzieMatt how did you embed them in your posts? PM me if it would be easier.

Got bored with just swinging so went out and set up the sim for some swings to see if anything is taking. Nope, but do see some changes taking place. They recommend in the GT+ app to have 12-15ft behind you for the camera. I don't have that much room so it doesn't get the path of the club completely. Plus the projector throwing the acidic colors on the screen is a little distracting.

Talk about all over the place, yet it seems to be getting better. Not a full on unfolding lawn chair mess, more like a kindergarten scribble mess ;)

Last edited:
I try to do 3-4 days if I can make time..certain weeks are harder than others

I know a couple of guys that did lessons at GolfTec. Helped one tremendously. The other... still scary long and scary left.

Back