2024 Srixon Q Star Tour and Q Star Tour Divide Review

Great write up! Any early indications on durability? When I’ve played the QST, I’ve noticed that good wedge strikes take off paint and cover material.

I really like the divide as an option. I'm going to do a new ball shootout in the spring to choose my gamer for this year, QST has to be in the mix based on this article.

An improved Q Star Tour is interesting. A good performing ball at a very good price.

Great write up! Any early indications on durability? When I’ve played the QST, I’ve noticed that good wedge strikes take off paint and cover material.
I've been hitting the same three balls both indoors and outdoors for two months now, including a ton of wedge testing. I'm not terribly hard on golf balls to begin with, but I haven't noticed any shredding.

I really like the divide as an option. I'm going to do a new ball shootout in the spring to choose my gamer for this year, QST has to be in the mix based on this article.
I personally think it has be. Maybe it's not the ball, but you never know until you try. I was talking to @JB yesterday and called it a Z-Star Jr. I'm aware that's a ton of hyperbole, and there are going to be people that don't agree, but I stand by it. It's softer, but not terribly soft. The cover and color feel/look very premium. The performance is close.

This is where the golf ball cost/performance thread I made came from. I am trying to figure out for myself personally at what level of performance leads me towards a $50-55 golf ball, because this one really does good things for me at $40.

The QST is the most underrated ball on the market, if you are a player of any of the DTC balls, you need to give the QST a look.

The ball is a winner. It looks like it is keeping it's sparkly yellow color. Which is growing on me. But, I prefer the taxi cab yellow of the soft feel.

The QST is the most underrated ball on the market, if you are a player of any of the DTC balls, you need to give the QST a look.

Yep

I personally think it has be. Maybe it's not the ball, but you never know until you try. I was talking to @JB yesterday and called it a Z-Star Jr. I'm aware that's a ton of hyperbole, and there are going to be people that don't agree, but I stand by it. It's softer, but not terribly soft. The cover and color feel/look very premium. The performance is close.

This is where the golf ball cost/performance thread I made came from. I am trying to figure out for myself personally at what level of performance leads me towards a $50-55 golf ball, because this one really does good things for me at $40.
That's a really valid question. This was my experience with the previous version:
1704977711416.png

QST was neck to neck with others on many things, but from the tee I found it not for me. But from what you wrote, that might be a thing of the past. This is also why I love ball review articles, they bring stuff that otherwise might be discarded for years back into the frame.

Playing this new version at Briggs was such a treat! The Qstar and Divides are perfect for my swing speed and for that price still a bargain.

That's a really valid question. This was my experience with the previous version:
View attachment 9235659

QST was neck to neck with others on many things, but from the tee I found it not for me. But from what you wrote, that might be a thing of the past. This is also why I love ball review articles, they bring stuff that otherwise might be discarded for years back into the frame.
#LoftUp

I was thrilled to be able to put these in play at the Srixon Experience. I tried out all the Srixon golf balls last year and found myself coming back to the Q Star Tour. Especially the Divide. I love the color combination and how well it stands out on the course. Putting feedback is instantaneous and the colors are also just fun. It didn't take away any distance off the tee for me and still provides plenty of spin for my irons and wedges. I'm a fan of these.

I have Played/Loved this ball for the last 2 years and I like the new changes.
I am curious why the Divides come without the Spin skin coating. I do think the Divides scuff easier than the Yellow Q-Star Tours.

Great write up! Love seeing the improvements on this ball. It’s been my gamer for the past several years. I’m looking forward to playing the updated version.

I meant to also say that from a price to performance ratio standpoint you will be hard pressed to find a better ball in that respect.

I have Played/Loved this ball for the last 2 years and I like the new changes.
I am curious why the Divides come without the Spin skin coating. I do think the Divides scuff easier than the Yellow Q-Star Tours.
I'm going to guess it's something related to the manufacturing process/matte finish. Cover is still urethane though.

I thought this one may have been the genesis for your earlier cost thread when I saw it pop. Nicely written.

The fact it was seemingly performing well to hold greens at Briggs definitely caught my attention.

The more ball info that gets dropped the more I wish I wasn’t sitting on a stash 😂

Based on the pictures, the Srixon Yellow is still the best Yellow color in all of golf.

I’m trying to remember as well…

@Thrillbilly Jim i know you game these are the Orange/Yellow colorway new?
No. Yellow/orange isn’t new. It’s my favorite color combination, but it’s not easy to find like the yellow/red and yellow/blue divides.

I thought this one may have been the genesis for your earlier cost thread when I saw it pop. Nicely written.

The fact it was seemingly performing well to hold greens at Briggs definitely caught my attention.

The more ball info that gets dropped the more I wish I wasn’t sitting on a stash 😂
Yea, getting anything to stick at Briggs was a challenge, but good wedge shots did what they should do imo.

No. Yellow/orange isn’t new. It’s my favorite color combination, but it’s not easy to find like the yellow/red and yellow/blue divides.
This is my experience as well...the Blue/Yellow and Red/Yellow are harder to find on the golf course if the Blue or Red sides are up.

I'm going to guess it's something related to the manufacturing process/matte finish. Cover is still urethane though.
I used to play the Divides but now play the Yellow ones more. Maybe the Spin skin makes a difference or maybe its in my head.

I am with you on the Orange being the best but have no problem finding them in stores anymore.
I wish they would add a Pink option. Pink/Yellow would be 🔥.
I have never understood the Blue ones and the Red while they look great just disappear in the rough.

I am also now glad I only have a moderate supply of the old ones. Really looking forward to playing the new upgraded version.

Back