The Car Shopping Thread

I made an appt for ceramic tints to get done on the maverick, seeming adding 38% I think to the back to darken them a little and 18% up front, and the windshield I think 50%

I still have the option to just get carbon on the front windows and windshield and save myself 200 bucks, but the perks of ceramic tint are appealing. Even though it's hot up here just 3 or 4 months, the car is parked outside, and with 2 kids to be in the car the IR protection is appealing..

Anyone ever had both carbon and ceramic in vehicles and can give any feedback?
My wife’s previous vehicle had tint that was installed by the dealer and it was supposed to have a lifetime warranty against fading, but I’m not 100% sure it was carbon. It wasn’t ceramic. I had ceramic installed in my truck and it made a noticeable difference in heat during the summer. You could feel more heat from the windows in her old car compared to my truck. My current truck has 45% over the smoked rear windows and 20% over the fronts, all ceramic. My wife’s current car has ceramic tint now and that’s all we will get going forward. Its definitely been worth it down here in South Georgia.

My wife’s previous vehicle had tint that was installed by the dealer and it was supposed to have a lifetime warranty against fading, but I’m not 100% sure it was carbon. It wasn’t ceramic. I had ceramic installed in my truck and it made a noticeable difference in heat during the summer. You could feel more heat from the windows in her old car compared to my truck. My current truck has 45% over the smoked rear windows and 20% over the fronts, all ceramic. My wife’s current car has ceramic tint now and that’s all we will get going forward. Its definitely been worth it down here in South Georgia.
I definitely can understand the benefits of ceramic in the southern states.. I'm just torn if I truly "need" it up here in Jersey.. the wife is giving me the go ahead on the ceramic, just having a little pre remorse but I know it'll turn out great and have a lot of benefits. But thanks for confirming that it does make a good difference in that significant heat

I definitely can understand the benefits of ceramic in the southern states.. I'm just torn if I truly "need" it up here in Jersey.. the wife is giving me the go ahead on the ceramic, just having a little pre remorse but I know it'll turn out great and have a lot of benefits. But thanks for confirming that it does make a good difference in that significant heat
We went ceramic last time and I didnt see a huge difference.
I don't get the windshield done other than the strip at the top. I believe that is illegal in most states.
But the two back seat windows are done by Lexus factory and I did the two front to match it.

New car as of a week ago or so, I will be getting the same, but will skip the ceramic most likely. With that said, both cars are kept in the garage unless I am at a Dormie property.

I feel dumb for buying a newer model of the same vehicle I just traded but i think I'm about to do so. Can't trust what I just purchased and there doesn't seem to be any resolution to its problems.

Fun. That’s hours we ended up with Mercedes slk 2001 for a few years. Fun like go cat fun. But winter and lack of anyone in the family using it in winter killed the fun. I’m looking again though. My wife said, few months ago, i think you need another convertible. Eh, could have been the wine.

I hold out hope for a convertible gulia from alfa romeo.
My Guilia is the funnest car i have ever owned by a mile. They got a deserved dragging for being unreliable with the 2017 release. Just too many glitches and failures. They tightened everything up and my car hasn't been any more or less reliable than anything I've ever owned. Once I get all of my heavy debt paid off, I'm getting a Quadrifuglio. Absolutely LOVE my car. I'll love it even more with about 500 ponies under the hood. 😎

My Guilia is the funnest car i have ever owned by a mile. They got a deserved dragging for being unreliable with the 2017 release. Just too many glitches and failures. They tightened everything up and my car hasn't been any more or less reliable than anything I've ever owned. Once I get all of my heavy debt paid off, I'm getting a Quadrifuglio. Absolutely LOVE my car. I'll love it even more with about 500 ponies under the hood. 😎
Indeed of i got one it would have to be that.

Ended up getting the ceramic window tints done today, I like the choice as it's just as dark from the outside but visibility from the inside seems so much better .. ny biggest concern was seeing out at night while still blocking bridge headlights that give me headaches

18% up front, 38% added to the stock 20% in back and rear window, and 42% on the windshield .. hopefully my eye doctor note and golf card take care of any issues haha

1000011003.jpg

1000011005.jpg

1000011006.jpg

Now that needs to be the end of my spending for a bit

Ended up getting the ceramic window tints done today, I like the choice as it's just as dark from the outside but visibility from the inside seems so much better .. ny biggest concern was seeing out at night while still blocking bridge headlights that give me headaches

18% up front, 38% added to the stock 20% in back and rear window, and 42% on the windshield .. hopefully my eye doctor note and golf card take care of any issues haha

View attachment 9233293

View attachment 9233294

View attachment 9233295

Now that needs to be the end of my spending for a bit
It’s not illegal to do the windshield in your state?

It’s not illegal to do the windshield in your state?
It is, but eye doctor note and a gold card should be enough to keep me out of trouble 😎

It is, but eye doctor note and a gold card should be enough to keep me out of trouble 😎

Interesting
. I guess we see how the gold card will play out :LOL:

What is the darkest legal tint in NJ?

Darkest legal tint for Cars in New Jersey
  • Windshield: No tint is allowed on the windshield.
  • Front Side windows: No tint can be applied legally to front side windows.
  • Back Side windows: Any darkness tint can be applied.
  • Rear window: Any darkness tint can be applied.
I just wonder if they (NJ) will catch the tint at your vehicle inspection.

Interesting
. I guess we see how the gold card will play out :LOL:

What is the darkest legal tint in NJ?

Darkest legal tint for Cars in New Jersey
  • Windshield: No tint is allowed on the windshield.
  • Front Side windows: No tint can be applied legally to front side windows.
  • Back Side windows: Any darkness tint can be applied.
  • Rear window: Any darkness tint can be applied.
I just wonder if they (NJ) will catch the tint at your vehicle inspection.
That's not one of the things they check at inspection.. I had tint on front windows of my last car and had 0 issues with DMV inspection. They focus on exhaust fumes and such

Now Tesla. After 6 months preorder. And giving two hour pick up window on nye after changing it 1 week ago when we were out of country. We jumped through hoops, ended up paying cash. And now won’t even unlock the car for our proxy to inspect before signing to accept.

They said you have 100 miles to let us know any issues. ……we live 95 miles from the dealership.

This car better be ******* amazing or we will never be back.

We leased our electric car just over a year ago. It's been great, although glad we are only leasing as the tech will no doubt improve and we will want to update and upgrade in a few years.

That's not one of the things they check at inspection.. I had tint on front windows of my last car and had 0 issues with DMV inspection. They focus on exhaust fumes and such
Haha at states still doing inspections 😂

Haha at states still doing inspections 😂
Yeah, seriously.

The county I live in does e-checks for emissions every 2 years, but it's the cars from the redneck county next door that drive around spewing oil exhaust fumes.

100% agree. I miss my AR every day. The Guilia is not made for Memphis unfortunately.

Almost pulled the trigger on a 2024 Limited Sequoia. Dealership richards made it easy for me to walk away. Sorry not playing mark up on a vehicle that has been on the lot for 90 days. Find some other sucker.

Wife’s vehicle is a 19 sequoia. Wonderful truck but with the redesign and turbo motor I think I like the expedition better.

Said goodbye to the Q8 today. Picking up Rage-inducing Model X from tint place tomorrow.
The Mrs. wants a Tesla...Im not sure how I feel about this.

We're considering dropping our Q8 for something else. My wife wants something smaller.
We test drove the Q8 and my wife wanted something bigger . Too small for her

Back