The Car Shopping Thread

I went with a 2024 RX 350.
Lot of miles on the ES and wanted a SUV to be a bit better in hauling gear to THP Experiences.
Just because I don't know, is the RX 350 "Like" a BMW X5 ?

Just because I don't know, is the RX 350 "Like" a BMW X5 ?
Maybe?
RX 350 is a two row for seating though and I believe X5 is 3. Probably closer to a X3, albeit a little more refined in my opinion interior wise.

Trucks are still insane...but my Ram quad cab is getting small as the kids get taller. Getting tired of knees and feet in the back.

Have been talking to the dealer all morning, and I believe we are close enough for a stop in to take a closer look.
8c1c107d03cec0c9eeeb475566abd009.jpg

My last car didn’t have HUD but the one before it did. The new car does and I am so happy it includes Carplay in the HUD
IMG_1088.jpeg

So instead of a blackwing I'm thinking something like less than 10 years old that isn't too expensive and fun

like what?!
Focus st, ats-v(if cheap enough), Mazdaspeed 3, something small and fun but not needed for space or anything since I'd keep the truck

Also id just mod it and have fun. I miss nodding cars

Focus st, ats-v(if cheap enough), Mazdaspeed 3, something small and fun but not needed for space or anything since I'd keep the truck
Small and fun, I'd be looking at a 2000-2006 Boxster, preferably the S.

So instead of a blackwing I'm thinking something like less than 10 years old that isn't too expensive and fun
Mini JCW!

I have a Sierra, so like you it took some getting used to the Telluride, but I think you'll like it! We've had ours for over a year and I'm very happy. Gas mileage is good for a 3 row. More than adequate power. Taken it on a 14 hour drive and it's comfortable for that. Overall it's a good balance in the 3 row segment. Drives smaller than it is, with enough room inside. More manuaverable than a Tahoe/Suburban. Usable 3rd row too for kids or smaller adults.
They do look pretty sharp. What have you gotten for mileage overall?

Our highlander has had issue after issue and one of those is on my ponder list. It's averaged 21.2 mpg (I think it was when I last looked at it) over the past 20k miles or so. It's supposed to be up to 27 miles, and we do a lot of interstate driving so I was hoping for at least 23 to 24.

That's good feedback to hear.

Trucks are still insane...but my Ram quad cab is getting small as the kids get taller. Getting tired of knees and feet in the back.

Have been talking to the dealer all morning, and I believe we are close enough for a stop in to take a closer look.
8c1c107d03cec0c9eeeb475566abd009.jpg
Yep, you've got to get the full crew. That was one must have with 2 kids.

Fun. That’s hours we ended up with Mercedes slk 2001 for a few years. Fun like go cat fun. But winter and lack of anyone in the family using it in winter killed the fun. I’m looking again though. My wife said, few months ago, i think you need another convertible. Eh, could have been the wine.

I hold out hope for a convertible gulia from alfa romeo.

They do look pretty sharp. What have you gotten for mileage overall?

Our highlander has had issue after issue and one of those is on my ponder list. It's averaged 21.2 mpg (I think it was when I last looked at it) over the past 20k miles or so. It's supposed to be up to 27 miles, and we do a lot of interstate driving so I was hoping for at least 23 to 24.

That's good feedback to hear.
On highway trips I'm usually up around 27-28. Mixed driving that we normally do, around 23-24 per the on car computer.

It sold.

I'm kinda bitter.
The right car will come along. I’m in the same boat as you. I have made three attempts to buy the car I have been shopping for and missed every time.

The biggest believers in the 2024 economy seem to be used European luxury car dealers.

I really want a CT5-V Blackwing. I rode in one a few weeks ago and the sound of that supercharged 668 HP V8 is glorious. With the manual, it’s likely the last of its kind. I wish the battery my 9 year old Tesla would die so I could justify buying one.

Oh f**k yeah. Those things are awesome

Honda CR-V vs. Toyota RAV4 that is the question for a friend

Back