One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

I’m Rockin forged tec OL. I’ve been struggling with consistency with my 5 and 6 irons. I hit them both about the same distance. Have any of y’all had issues with not getting the distance for the longer irons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not having that issue with the Aerojet OL set, but I could see why it could be more of an issue with the Forged Tec.

I am having some issues with topping OL hybrids. Mostly off the tee. I’ve been focusing on ball position, a slightly more sweeping strike, and staying down through the shot just a bit more than with irons. It’s helping. Hit some beauties, and some beasts today, but more good than bad.
Do you change ball position? With my current set, I am placing the same ball position regardless of which iron I hit.

Do you change ball position? With my current set, I am placing the same ball position regardless of which iron I hit.
The hybrids I have are .5 inch longer than the iron set. So maybe just a hair forward than the irons. That said, the main thing I’m trying to ensure is that I keep the ball where it should be in the stance, which for me is just forward of center. I think I may have been playing it too far forward from off the tee before. Trying to make sure I dont let it creep forward. So, not so much changing the ball position, but paying attention to make sure it doesn’t get weird.

Didn’t really have the topping issue from the rough or fairway.

Well after a month of not hitting, I went in to Club Champion and hit my OL. Making sure I was getting a proper swing path, the numbers on the trackman were good to go. 185 carry from my 6 and 200 carry from my 5.

I would love to see someone new join the OL crew with the Aerojet irons.

Have you tried the whole set?

I have not. I ordered the 5/6 to replace my forged tec and they are sweet. You can def tell when the ball is flying off the face due to the lack of feeling when hitting them. If that makes sense.

Dipping my toe back in the One Length game. Been seeing a trend all year where my Green % is 10-15% better with 8i vs my other 3 irons. Decided to build a set around my Forged Tec 8i. Going with AeroJet OL 7i, Forged Tec 8i, Forged Tec OL 9i, PW. All are at 8i length and with Dart V shafts. I have an AJ OL 6i built the same but not sure I'll game it. It gaps well for a 6i but I kind of need it to be a 5.5i for my bag.

When I played the '20 FT OL it was right when I got my Skytrak and I thought I was hitting the 9i and PW too high. Having played a couple different VL 9i and PW models since I don't believe that was the case, as I hit VL models similarly.

My Ball striking. Outside of 3/4 times out this year has been drastically improved. I couldn't imagine going back to VL.
Glad to hear this. Which OL set are you playing?

New to OL, was looking at either Radspeed or for approximately 200 more LTDX. What would be better for those who tried both?

New to OL, was looking at either Radspeed or for approximately 200 more LTDX. What would be better for those who tried both?
I like the LTDx more, but honestly I think it’s worth the money for the Aerojets. I think they are the best so far.

I like the LTDx more, but honestly I think it’s worth the money for the Aerojets. I think they are the best so far.

I see from the forum that it seems like wedge setup is mixed…if I was to go with one length wedge in your experience is the gap between 56 and the cobra set gap wedge too big?

I see from the forum that it seems like wedge setup is mixed…if I was to go with one length wedge in your experience is the gap between 56 and the cobra set gap wedge too big?
I think so. I am playing a 52 behind the set gap wedge. I play the gap wedge to 120.

I joined the revolution this week with Aerojets!

Thank you for the advice
I LOVE to hear that! I could not be happier with mine!

If I know you and you are an albatross member, I have a set of one length Aerojet that I am willing to loan out for a trial period if you pay the shipping. Just send me a message. It has to be someone here I trust, no offense to anyone meant. If you keep them, that is on me and has nothing to do with THP.

If I know you and you are an albatross member, I have a set of one length Aerojet that I am willing to loan out for a trial period if you pay the shipping. Just send me a message. It has to be someone here I trust, no offense to anyone meant. If you keep them, that is on me and has nothing to do with THP.
That's just a fantastic offer. (y)

I love THP

Back