What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot a 44 and a 39 yesterday. The 39 was nice as it was unexpected.

doubled the first hole, and needed a good two putt to do it. Had another nice two putt, this time for par, on the second hole. Hit a great chip to tap in range to save par on 3. hit a nice putt to save par on 4. bad chip and putt to bogey 5, great chip and a bad putt to bogey 6. hit a bad drive, then a nice three wood to the left fringe only to have an ugly three putt for bogey on 7. hit a great drive and an even better wedge to 3 feet then made the putt for birdie on 8. hit a 5 iron to the left fringe and two putted for par on 9.

Had to count my card twice just to make sure it was right, normally if i'm close to breaking 40 i'm aware of it, this time I wasn't thinking about it.

Shot 43 out and 38 back. I have really just started to be focused on my scoring as I think I am recovered enough from my injury to not be so focused on it. Birdied the two par 3 holes on the back.

I don't know how I feel about birdies on par 3's at least in my case. These two holes are the easiest holes on the course. There are two par 3's on the front that are much more difficult.

Anyway when I birdie a par 3 it is usually because I hit the tee shot dead at the flag. That was the case both times today. I put the tee shot to within six feet both times. So in reality it only took one really good shot on both holes to earn birdies. I feel better about birdies on par 3 holes when I hit a good tee shot and then do something like drain a 20 footer. Making only one good shot on a hole just does not feel like it is a worthy birdie. I will take it though.

Anyway I hit the ball more consistently than at any time since my injury so that was pretty good. The air was very heavy though and I could not drive the ball past 230. Usually I will record a few drives in the 240-250 range but could not even get one out there that far tonight. My positioning with driver could not have been better though and that made a bid difference. the finishing hole is one of the toughest on the course for example. The designer creates an optical illusion. There is a ridge that runs across the fairway and it prevents you from seeing any of the potential landing areas from the tee box. You can at least see that it is all fairway down the right hand side. However the rough on the left pinches in right at the ridge line and on that side of the fairway there is a mound covered in hay and tall grass. The fairway opens up again on the other side of the mound but you can't see that from the tee box. In fact the only good place to drive the ball is directly over the hay mound as if you get it out there about 230, you land on the only flat and level plateau there is. Everyplace else is a series of swoops and hollows and little mounts and all kinds of rotten stuff to hit your approach from even if you are in the fairway. In addition if you can get the ball out there about 240 right over the mound you will hit a downhill and roll another 20 yards. If you pull that off you are in position to birdie one of the toughest holes on the course. While I only got it out there 230, I found myself right in the middle of the plateau and in good position to at least par the hole.

Of course even knowing that the fairway opens up on the other side of the mound does not really help you as the designer is trying to influence you as you set up to hit your drive. He is hoping to get you to either aim for the right side of the fairway (a mistake) or get you to hit a line drive right into the mound (another problem). So while I could not drive for any distance today at all, my positioning really helped me the entire round, especially from about the 7th hole to the end as I was feeling pretty good about my ball striking from that point to the end of the round.

terrible just plain terrible
still cant hit anything longer than a 5i
but at least i broke 90

Played 36 holes today. Shot a 51,45,43,48. So I shot a 96 and 91. Wish I would have combined my two best to break 90.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Had a complete blowup today. Shot a 94. 39 putts, numerous double bogeys, 3 pars, ugh...

Last edited:
I got in 9 after work yesterday. Shot a 44 drove the ball good, short game always good. I could get the ball to the green I just couldn't make a putt. I had 3 3 putts and those were par putts to and ended with bogeys. I parted the 2 par 5s so atleast o was even par for something.

69, -3 on a tough track in quite a bit of wind. Some holes played really long since the course was wet. Hit all 18 greens in regulation, never done that before! Rock solid!

69, -3 on a tough track in quite a bit of wind. Some holes played really long since the course was wet. Hit all 18 greens in regulation, never done that before! Rock solid!

Wow Pete! That is quite an accomplishment. Congrats!

33-38 for a 71.

Birdied the 18th to finish under par. A couple of bad breaks on the backside but overall I am striking it great and putting even better.

33-38 for a 71.

Birdied the 18th to finish under par. A couple of bad breaks on the backside but overall I am striking it great and putting even better.

Great round LPM.

Two day scramble starts today with temps calling for 105* and my team won't tee off until 12:10, lol. Water, water and more water.

Wednesday played a new course and I made 5 birdies, but managed to have so many bad holes I shot an 79. Yesterday I shot 36-40 76 with two three putts and a double on the last hole. This round, except for the 18th was one of the best ball striking rounds I have had this year. Very pleased with it and how I have been playing lately.

Bad round today. Started off with a quad, than bogey, 5 pars, bogey and quad. Back was a bit worse, shot a horrible 96. 4 quads today and a 7, never have done that but still enjoyed it, I think...

Here is the ugliest card I've had

hate those ugly scores! I had 2 8's in a tournament the other day.

played 36; 85-82 yesterday. just ugh

Shot a 78 yesterday, 39/39. Hit the ball pretty well, couldnt scramble again which was frustrating. 3 birdies, 7 bogeys and 1 double. Putting was pretty solid though. Hope to get back out again tomorrow and go a bit lower.

hate those ugly scores! I had 2 8's in a tournament the other day.

played 36; 85-82 yesterday. just ugh

I was so irritated at myself after the quad on #9, just a nasty round. 85 and 82 is great for 36 holes Clay, good job.

What a great day, it was cool this morning almost like a fall day and it lasted most of the round only getting up to 90 by the end but still not so bad. It is supposed to be steamy again in a few days but today was nice!
72.2/137 tees, a slow start today by putting pretty badly and spraying the driver all over the place. I played in a scramble yesterday and I believe that's why I started so poorly today it always takes a while to get back in sync after those things. But they are always for a good cause. After a 43 on the front nine, I finally started making some pars, 8 on the back with one double bogie for 38 and an 81 on the day. Another scramble Monday, maybe I will just send donations instead of playing these things...naw.

33-38 for a 71.

Man does that seem like an understatement to a hacker like me. Great round lpm.

What a great day, it was cool this morning almost like a fall day and it lasted most of the round only getting up to 90 by the end but still not so bad. It is supposed to be steamy again in a few days but today was nice!
72.2/137 tees, a slow start today by putting pretty badly and spraying the driver all over the place. I played in a scramble yesterday and I believe that's why I started so poorly today it always takes a while to get back in sync after those things. But they are always for a good cause. After a 43 on the front nine, I finally started making some pars, 8 on the back with one double bogie for 38 and an 81 on the day. Another scramble Monday, maybe I will just send donations instead of playing these things...naw.
+1 on that lefty, we all tend to swing a little too hard and try much too hard, it will make the swing hard to reign in the next time out for sure. But I am like you, enjoy yourself Monday and I hope your team wins.

Played in a red tee tournament at my home course. 38-39 for 77. Three bogies and one double, rest pars. Hit the ball well, putter was killer on the double bogey. All in all, a good day. We won't know results of gross and handicap winners til tomorrow. Hoping to place in the handicap division.

Shot a 1 over par 29 at the IU par 3. Picked up a TM RAC 60* 7* wedge and wanted to try it out. As my score shows, I freaking love it.

played 9 after work shot 41 with 2 birdies and a par
1st 3 holes were horrific
driver still giving me fits but i had 2 decent teeshots with it
irons and wedges were ridic today... throwing darts
woulda went much lower but the putter is in the same boat with the driver
lost 2 balls but managed to walk away with just a bogey on each

92 41/51
3 pars on par fives, with a penalty on each one! A single birdie; an 8 on a 256 yd par 4, and a 9 on another one. Killed me.
Felt great to play today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back