Shot Scope X5 Watch

I'm sorry if I appear to be "Skimming" however I have to ask if any of the Participants' from the just completed Data Experience had any of the issues with the dysfunctionality of the X5 watch that have been documented in this thread or is the feeling that the latest yet to be released Firmware update will put the watch on the "Straight and Narrow"?
@PPFour12 said he didn't have any issues with the new firmware in the thread today. I am not sure which golfers had the X5 before the event to say if they experienced the issues at all.

@PPFour12 said he didn't have any issues with the new firmware in the thread today. I am not sure which golfers had the X5 before the event to say if they experienced the issues at all.

The only minor issue I ended up having was the score was showing as an “!” during the round. It was still tracking everything though. I gave Gavin a heads up. Everything else was quite smooth.

I went out and played a few holes today. Ended my round, synced the round like I always do and for the second time in a row, nothing. It’s like the round never happened. I watched the round upload to the app and it was said it was completed, but my last two rounds never got uploaded.
Anyone else experience this?

I got the dreaded revert to clock face mid round twice today. After resetting and getting it up and running two different times I just turned it off and put it away for the rest or the round. Super sad because it was my best round ever!

Can’t wait to get out and play again and hopefully with an updated firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick update, spoke with some of our team back in the UK, we had a relatively extensive test on this firmware in the UK and at Ballyhack.

We are going to prepare this firmware to be released this week. We are adding a couple of small changes to the UI but hopefully it is out on Wednesday.

A quick update, spoke with some of our team back in the UK, we had a relatively extensive test on this firmware in the UK and at Ballyhack.

We are going to prepare this firmware to be released this week. We are adding a couple of small changes to the UI but hopefully it is out on Wednesday.

Great news. Looking forward to the release. The X5 is my first Shot Scope product, and I’m very impressed by the professionalism displayed by a customer service department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out for my first time with the X5. First impressions are good.

Started up the device while waiting for my tee time. GPS connected in under 2 minutes and immediately recognized which course I was on. Prompted to select the tees, and no issues there either. Stepped up to the tee and my club wasn't immediately recognized so I tapped the sensor to my watch and presto - connected.

Zero usability challenges during the round other than me getting familiarized with a new product and remembering to mark putts and score. Yardages all seemed quite reasonable based on my recollection of my home course and where I usually end up with different shots. It definitely felt weird wearing a watch on my right wrist though! That'll take some getting used to. That, and wearing it up higher on my wrist so that it's not impacted by my glove.

After the round, all the prompts came up on the watch about ending the round or playing another 9.

I spent some time right away on the app to check out the tracking features since I remembered each shot. Initial results were not quite what I expected based on what I was seeing on course. I checked each time I hit that the right club was recognized, but despite this there were several that were mislabeled. For instance, my tee shot on #1 was listed as my second swing - suggesting that I hit a wedge from the fairway back to the tee box, and then somehow ripped my 24º hybrid over 270 yards, landing on the green.

I edited many shots. Positional shots weren't tracked so I had to add those post-round. I also added penalties at the same time. Not sure if that's an option for in-round...

I started with a full charge, and was left with 67% battery life. One other thing I noticed was that swiping the watch face wasn't exactly smooth. Felt to me like the display was lagging compared to my finger swipe.

I'll get this out again tomorrow evening for my league game and see how things go for round #2.

First round today, and after my 18 holes, walked off the course with 67% battery left. Not bad!

Well spoke to soon. After 4 rounds hiccup free my round crashed back to watch face on 5th hole today.

Hoping for the firmware soon

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Yea switched back to the V3 and left the new tags in my clubs but only collected 51 of the 87 shots (bad day at the office mmmm) even has three holes with wrong clubs. So not sure what's happening and hope that the update solve the issues.

I went out and played a few holes today. Ended my round, synced the round like I always do and for the second time in a row, nothing. It’s like the round never happened. I watched the round upload to the app and it was said it was completed, but my last two rounds never got uploaded.
Similar problems for me. Played 18 holes, only 9 registered. Even for those 9 holes (where I had entered putts and scores on each hole) the score on some holes was wrong. I like the watch but I'm experiencing many more problems than I used to get with my V3

Played another round with the X5 yesterday and it missed 3 shots, one being 2 hits out of the same bunker, so that one is understandable. Still fairly smooth sailing for me.

Similar problems for me. Played 18 holes, only 9 registered. Even for those 9 holes (where I had entered putts and scores on each hole) the score on some holes was wrong. I like the watch but I'm experiencing many more problems than I used to get with my V3

Same here, never had these issues with the V3. If the rounds aren’t registering, there is no reason for me to use the X5.

This is awesome to read!

Yes - I've had the same issue - No round to upload.

Yea switched back to the V3 and left the new tags in my clubs but only collected 51 of the 87 shots (bad day at the office mmmm) even has three holes with wrong clubs. So not sure what's happening and hope that the update solve the issues.
I've had the same issue with old watch and new tags - Missing shots and miss tagging shots.
I don't have a 7w in the bag so why does show up as being used?

Was it ever resolved?
Nope never bothered to email customer support. Just wrote it off as "Beta testing"

The answer I want to give is "Yep, forgot the round, put the X5 away and brought out the V3. That's how I resolved going forward"

The only minor issue I ended up having was the score was showing as an “!” during the round. It was still tracking everything though. I gave Gavin a heads up. Everything else was quite smooth.
You used the scoring option (FYI I do not). From what I understand, that "!" means you forgot to input a score for a hole. Until you go back and find the hole you missed and correct it, that "!" will remain.

Nope never bothered to email customer support. Just wrote it off as "Beta testing"

The answer I want to give is "Yep, forgot the round, put the X5 away and brought out the V3. That's how I resolved going forward"
I emailed them to let them know. Mine worked fine until the last two rounds. I no longer have my V3. So there’s that.

I've had the same issue with old watch and new tags - Missing shots and miss tagging shots.
I don't have a 7w in the bag so why does show up as being used?

I don't experience these issues with the V3 at all! These are X5 issues for me.

You used the scoring option (FYI I do not). From what I understand, that "!" means you forgot to input a score for a hole. Until you go back and find the hole you missed and correct it, that "!" will remain.

Correct. I did that but continued to get the “!” - probably just a one time thing.

Well after looking at my strokes gained last week I almost had a heart attack. It had me at a -11 strokes gained putting. I was horrified. I didn't think I was that bad of a putter. I know lately I wasn't really paying attention and missing some putts but still mid to low 30's in a round. Well today when I was editing my score from yesterday I figured it out. I don't have a tag on my putter and it was having me miss a ton of 2 foot putts.

The team are actively working through the bugs to get a new update out.

Jen and I are both testing a firmware this weekend in the Data Experience. I am not sure that is a release candidate but we are working through everything as quickly as possible.
I like this answer. We are in a society where everyone wants something fast. I appreciate that Shot scope is acknowledging that there have been some functional issues and instead of rushing out a ton of updates are thoroughly testing to get it right before pushing another update out. I'm confident that these hiccups will be resolved and the X5 will shine once they are. In my last 2 rounds the only issue I saw was a couple missed shots where I had to use the same club within 5 yards of the previous shot. (Chip that rolled back to my feet)

Last edited:
A few of us were still seeing that yesterday even with all holes being entered, I went back and double checked a few times just to make sure

Back