?

• Skiing

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Snowboarding

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
I used to do both, depended on conditions.... these day, whiskey is the cheapest way to go. :)

I have snowboarded more but prefer skiing. But i voted whiskey.

Skiing. Nothing against snowboarding. Just am better at skiing 😂

I voted Snowboarding as that is what my wife did when I met her due to blowing her knee skiing so she started boarding and it was easier for me to learn that when i first tried.

I've tried skiing once, but on my own and without lessons, I'd like to give it a proper go sometime too though.

They don't even really sink into the powder unless it really deep, lol. Sort of a one trick pony but I have other options. I've added a couple pairs since this photo was taken 5 years ago. :) My son had the Armadas(left in 2nd pic) behind the snowmobile on a water ski rope out on the frozen lake with some buddies last weekend.

View attachment 9149966View attachment 9149968
Woah those are some awesome looking skis who makes them?

Snowboarding for me.
I grew up surfing, and skateboarding pools, parks and reservoirs/dranaige ditches when it was flat. 70's and 80's.
I went skiing a few times, fun, but never gave me the stoke of surfing, and I got hurt every time, calf tear once, knee sprain twice. Also expensive and my folks weren't well off at the time, so I had to turn down offers of ski trips with friends families as a kid.
Fast forward to the early 90's. Pastor at my church who surfed told me " Dude, you gotta try snowboarding!"
First time I went snow boarding was in 18" of fresh pow in Aspen. I was hooked. Surfing was getting way too crowded anyway.
I ended up moving from the beach to the mountains ( Steamboat Springs, then back to Mammoth Mountain ) for a total of 8 years.
Snowboarding for me on powder days was like surfing with nobody out or just a few of your friends sharing a long point break.

I don’t do any sport where my feet aren’t in the ground, give me the whiskey

Nope. My knees were always too fragile lol. Dislocated my knee cap multiple times playing basketball. Ouch.

Woah those are some awesome looking skis who makes them?

Ski Logik but unfortunately they were a small company owned and operated by a husband and wife team and they went out of business after some health issues back in 2018. I was lucky enough to buy 9 different models of their skis before they stopped making them. I’ll be skiing on them for decades to come if I’m able bodied.

Never skied a day in my life. Although I do splitboard so I guess I only know how to ski uphill. Also I’m a AASI Level III instructor and have been at the same mountain in Vt for 27 years.

619E2EF1-2C10-4FD2-97CC-B0CE8C8A9FD0.jpegA9DCC482-161F-4CAA-B3EA-0290657FA952.jpegC19CDBDE-E577-442F-8723-0F80C3CBB6DD.jpegE51B7D6C-198A-4571-A649-E683F20CDE1B.jpeg

Good snow year here. Local Bridger Bowl provides fun daily videos. This was Saturday. Typical drive there is 15-20 min. Took 2.5 - 3 hours on this pow day! And then the long lift lines! Sheesh. My jumping off things days are in the past (as are my pain-free knees and back). I prefer the hike-to ski lines ( beacon, pack, etc required) where I can find untracked.

Good snow year here. Local Bridger Bowl provides fun daily videos. This was Saturday. Typical drive there is 15-20 min. Took 2.5 - 3 hours on this pow day! And then the long lift lines! Sheesh. My jumping off things days are in the past (as are my pain-free knees and back). I prefer the hike-to ski lines ( beacon, pack, etc required) where I can find untracked.

I love Bridger so much. Seems like it's becoming more of a **** show every year though with the number of people. Heard it was insanity this weekend, with a ton of people having to turn around because there was no parking.

At 76 I still like my snowboards... if it was easy they would call it skiing...:eek::eek::love:

P1030616.JPG20210916_111530.jpg

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
Skiing is the only correct answer here. Snowboarders are just in the way.

I did some snowboarding when I lived in Jersey. My cousin in Vermont owned a snowboard company and got me set up. Our high school did a bunch of ski trips every winter.

First time I saw snow was in Houston. Second time was in Palm Springs. I voted whiskey. But I did attempt to snow board in Dubai on real snow.

Back