Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

I'm pretty sure my guys are going to finish 1, T2, T2, T2

hahahaha, I love the optimism dude. It would be amazing if you did finish that way.

Sweet! We have our first DQ lol better chances for everyone to win now

lol thats what im talking about, wish all of you would of picked 5:surrender:

I'm in for both the weekly Fantasy golf and this contest!

Weekly picks:
Jonathan Byrd
Luke Donald
Dustin Johnson
Matt Kuchar
Hunter Mahan
Graeme McDowell
Phil Mickelson
Ian Poulter
Webb Simpson
Lee Westwood

So I went with two guys from the Srixon / Cleveland list. Gmac defends and Jimenez comes in second. I take home the driver.

Kev, if that happens, I'll join you in your victory dance!

I like the Mechanic but for some odd reason I have a feeling that an American is winning this one. Well, an American not named Stricker.

I like the Mechanic but for some odd reason I have a feeling that an American is winning this one. Well, an American not named Stricker.

Ain't gonna happen dude. We have too many Euro heros making the trip this week, one of them is gonna pull through and claim it! I feel it. (although I do fancy Phil to put in one heck of a fight)

Ain't gonna happen dude. We have too many Euro heros making the trip this week, one of them is gonna pull through and claim it! I feel it. (although I do fancy Phil to put in one heck of a fight)

You know, it's so tough to call anymore. Look at Lee Westwood's finishes since Augusta, nothing short of awesome! Of course, Luke Donald's play has been spectacular. And then there's guys like Dustin Johnson, who has hardly been in conversation at all this year. Where's Anthony Kim? Where's IJP? On paper, Bubba Watson has to be a favorite this week but for some odd reason, I just don't like him this week. No particular reason, just a gut feeling.

You know, it's so tough to call anymore. Look at Lee Westwood's finishes since Augusta, nothing short of awesome! Of course, Luke Donald's play has been spectacular. And then there's guys like Dustin Johnson, who has hardly been in conversation at all this year. Where's Anthony Kim? Where's IJP? On paper, Bubba Watson has to be a favorite this week but for some odd reason, I just don't like him this week. No particular reason, just a gut feeling.

I would be surprised if we see anything spectacular from Dustin Johnson this season. I think he needs to figure some things out and get his head on straight before he can win again. Now that I say that he will probably win the US Open, but still that is how I feel. I don't know what's up with AK. I had such high hopes for him this year. I thought for sure he would be back with a vengeance after his thumb issues last year. IJP is another one who has been a complete flop this year. Bubba does seem like he would be a favorite, he has 2 wins under his belt and he certainly has the length for a long course like this. But he is erratic, and so is his driver, and the rough is not going to be forgiving so if he can't get that driver under control he will be done for in this tourney IMO.

You're right, my head is lost even trying to round down the contenders to a top 5, or a top 10. Anyone could show up this week and contend. I don't think I've seen a field as open and competitive in a major as this.

There's a couple of groups for me. The first is the group of players who should contend based on form. The likes of Westwood, Donald, Stricker etc. Then there's the dangerous group of guys who undoubtedly have the talent to contend, but haven't really turned up this year yet. In this group, I'd throw in the likes of DJ, Camilo, Gmac.

IJP is another one who has been a complete flop this year.

Maybe stateside, but he does have a WGC Matchplay under his belt so far. That's a big win for him. I do feel like he's under-performed for the majority of the strokeplay events.

You're right, my head is lost even trying to round down the contenders to a top 5, or a top 10. Anyone could show up this week and contend. I don't think I've seen a field as open and competitive in a major as this.

There's a couple of groups for me. The first is the group of players who should contend based on form. The likes of Westwood, Donald, Stricker etc. Then there's the dangerous group of guys who undoubtedly have the talent to contend, but haven't really turned up this year yet. In this group, I'd throw in the likes of DJ, Camilo, Gmac.

It's funny you mention G-Mac, because he seems to be barely (if at all) talked about for the US Open and he is the returning champ. However, with his lackluster season so far he isn't getting much attention at all. I am really interested to see how he plays this week.

Bubba - 92nd driving accuracy on tour
Dustin - 126th driving accuracy on tour

I just think they will find themselves on the outside of too many fairways and if you can't hit GIR's you will be in trouble. Phil is up there with them in distance but he has made plans for the 2i in the bag which should help him keep it in play. Hope these other 2 long hitters have some plans besides bomb n gouge...not working this week.

There are 4 names that I am EXTREMELY curious about as we head into this week.

Phil
Westwood
Charl
G-Mac

Those 4 are so interesting to me in that they could win or flop.

It's funny you mention G-Mac, because he seems to be barely (if at all) talked about for the US Open and he is the returning champ. However, with his lackluster season so far he isn't getting much attention at all. I am really interested to see how he plays this week.

Shhhhh.....G-Mac is my "dark horse" pick. :laughing:

Maybe stateside, but he does have a WGC Matchplay under his belt so far. That's a big win for him. I do feel like he's under-performed for the majority of the strokeplay events.

I totally agree. I just think that internationally people expected him to do better. I know he has the WGC Mathplay win but I still expected more. Even if it wasn't win, just better finished overall. I really thought he was going to be a serious force to be reckoned with this year but that just hasn't come true yet.

Yet Bubba leads the PGA Tour in GIR's. Such a tough week to pick a fantasy squad.

I worry for GMac this week. He's been fighting a nasty hook when it goes wrong, and at the US Open, if it goes wrong, it can go WRONG. If that doesn't creep in, and he can keep the belief, he has the mental toughness to contend this week for sure.

I totally agree. I just think that internationally people expected him to do better. I know he has the WGC Mathplay win but I still expected more. Even if it wasn't win, just better finished overall. I really thought he was going to be a serious force to be reckoned with this year but that just hasn't come true yet.

You're right. I can't remember a week when I've noticed IJP on the first page of the leaderboard going into the weekend. He should be doing better.

Phil
Westwood
Charl
G-Mac

Charl is another one not talked about a ton. He did just win the Maters. If you can't tell I am completely fascinated with the open field this year and all the possibilities of winners. My head is spinning with potential winners.

Phil
Westwood
Charl
G-Mac

Mine are:
Phil
Westwood
Toms
Woodland

Yet Bubba leads the PGA Tour in GIR's. Such a tough week to pick a fantasy squad.

You are right...I did not even realize that. I know it will not be as bad as we have seen in the past but this rough should cause more problems than what they are used to. This is what makes it so fun - so many possibilities!! Is it Thursday yet??

Charl is another one not talked about a ton. He did just win the Maters. If you can't tell I am completely fascinated with the open field this year and all the possibilities of winners. My head is spinning with potential winners.

Tell me about it, I've changed my fantasy lineup 12 times in 2 days. Unfortunately, there's just guys who are going to be left out.

You are right...I did not even realize that. I know it will not be as bad as we have seen in the past but this rough should cause more problems than what they are used to. This is what makes it so fun - so many possibilities!! Is it Thursday yet??

I agree, hitting gir's out of this rough is just tougher. I'm with you though, pretty pumped about Thursday.

Shhhhh.....G-Mac is my "dark horse" pick. :laughing:

I won't mention his name again. ; )

This was the hardest week so far. I keep changing my mind. I am constantly thinking of the 'what if' scenario.

I worry for GMac this week. He's been fighting a nasty hook when it goes wrong, and at the US Open, if it goes wrong, it can go WRONG. If that doesn't creep in, and he can keep the belief, he has the mental toughness to contend this week for sure.

You're right. I can't remember a week when I've noticed IJP on the first page of the leaderboard going into the weekend. He should be doing better.

I think IJP has been one of the bigger disappointments for me this year. I don't know why but I really expected him to be in contention every week. I expected better consistency from him.

I think IJP has been one of the bigger disappointments for me this year. I don't know why but I really expected him to be in contention every week. I expected better consistency from him.

Just to add some more confusion....maybe this is his week! We all know how steely and determined he is, and I couldn't name a golfer with a tougher outlook to the mental side of the game, and all this adds up to what you need round this course.....

:D

Just to add some more confusion....maybe this is his week! We all know how steely and determined he is, and I couldn't name a golfer with a tougher outlook to the mental side of the game, and all this adds up to what you need round this course.....

:D

I agree.....it's very tough for me to submit a fantasy lineup that doesn't have IJP or Martin Kaymer on it this week. I don't know why either. Stupid Euros.

I agree.....it's very tough for me to submit a fantasy lineup that doesn't have IJP or Martin Kaymer on it this week. I don't know why either. Stupid Euros.

You dont know why? It seems pretty clear to me.

You like Legos and hair gel.

Back