What would you choose?

jimjc

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello to everyone....This will be my first post I`ve been here for some time reading and decided to join since there seems to be a great group and a good forum...Jim

You have a choice....Some speculation here...In the not so distant future a golf manufacture develops a new driver and technology that guarantees you will hit your driver between 225 and 240 yards and always be in the fairway and it works for everyone... BUT the distance is limited...you`ll will never be able to hit it any farther never...just 240....Oh I didn`t mention it costs $1000...GULP

Now I know there`s many out there that love to hit the ball a long way and I know the courses are getting longer but as we know the longer you hit the ball the bigger chance you will be in trouble...So the 240 guarantee looks awfully good...What would you choose....Jim

after this weekend, Id give anything to hit a fairway lol

Hello to everyone....This will be my first post I`ve been here for some time reading and decided to join since there seems to be a great group and a good forum...Jim

You have a choice....Some speculation here...In the not so distant future a golf manufacture develops a new driver and technology that guarantees you will hit your driver between 225 and 240 yards and always be in the fairway and it works for everyone... BUT the distance is limited...you`ll will never be able to hit it any farther never...just 240....Oh I didn`t mention it costs $1000...GULP

Now I know there`s many out there that love to hit the ball a long way and I know the courses are getting longer but as we know the longer you hit the ball the bigger chance you will be in trouble...So the 240 guarantee looks awfully good...What would you choose....Jim

:welcome:

I already have that driver and it only cost $299, and it is slightly longer and hardly ever misses a fairway. Accuracy always trumps distance.

Id be fine with 240.

Posted via Tapatalk

I would take it. I average that now, but I certainly don't hit every fairway. I would buy it used though.

Nope. I'll stick with what I'm using.

My new one works just fine for me.

I would have to move up to the shorter tees if I couldn't hit further than 240...maybe when I'm 75 or 80 years old it would be more attractive. (I'm only 62 now)

Would rather spend the money on lessons, this way it's not just the driving that benefits

If money was not an issue, I would take 240 down the pipe all day long!

Ill save the grand and take my chances

Would rather spend the money on lessons, this way it's not just the driving that benefits

Good point. If I based it off of the original scenario and let's say lessons won't make my game any better, than I would take the loss in distance for accuracy. I played golf with my mother-in-law a few weeks ago and she doesn't miss a fairway or a green. She is the most consistent golfer I have ever met, however, she can't hit the ball more than 150 with her driver. I was out driving her hole after hole, but she kicked my butt with her consistency. So I would take that over the added length any day.

As much as I love consistency, the game of golf would get boring if I guaranteed a fairway off every teebox.

I like the risk reward of a good bomb haha! I'd pass.

I'll take that "boring" 240 yds. down the middle every time. But I think some of the "longer hitters" would get bored with it after awhile.

We'd probably see it on Ebay for ~$89 the year after it is introduced, and then I'll spring for it. LOL!

Why take some of the fun away from this game? The fun is to always try and do some part of the game better, if the driver suddenly alaways work some of the magic of this game will disapear for me. Just think about that special day when the driver is magic, or putter, or irons, but if you take some of that out of the equation, what will make this game so special then?

:thankyou: I was thinking the same. A $1000 consistent driver isn't going to help lower my score if I can't do the other things well. It'll only help me raise my FIR.

Good point. If I based it off of the original scenario and let's say lessons won't make my game any better, than I would take the loss in distance for accuracy. I played golf with my mother-in-law a few weeks ago and she doesn't miss a fairway or a green. She is the most consistent golfer I have ever met, however, she can't hit the ball more than 150 with her driver. I was out driving her hole after hole, but she kicked my butt with her consistency. So I would take that over the added length any day.

I love reading this. Accuracy means everything in this game. Marketing pushes us towards chasing distance, but I'll take accuracy everytime over distance. Distance is that EGO thingy.......

F it! Bomb the driver! Keep the distance and I will learn to hit it straight lol

I would rather spend the time and work and get better myself rather than rely on some club to always be down the middle for me.

It's more satisifying to see your hard work paying off.

I would take 240 in the center for sure. My driver has really failed me recently or more likely is that I am failing with my driver.

Well, that's a great thought to ponder... seeming as how I don't hit 300 anyway, I'd be ok with the 240-ish... however, if I was GUARANTEED to hit the fairway every time, that might be worth it... I'd pay for the $1000 club in a season or two, just by saving money on balls that I lose!

240 or so off the tee on a 540 par 5, I'm ok with that.

Nope. I'll stick with what I'm using.

Yup me too. Though it gets me into more trouble than I can bargain for most of the time, I believe with improvements to my short game I can still score (for a 17+ handicap! :rofl:)

Spend $1000 and miss the chance to stroll amoung the trees..sometimes I like to hit in the trees just to get out of the sun. Think for that much I will just stick to bad shots.

I'll keep my R-11 driver that I average 280 from the tee and hit 75% of the fairways.
And, I'll keep my R-11 3-wood that I average 245 from the tee and hit 90% of the fairways.
And I have less than $1000 into both of them together.

Back