Callaway UPro MX GPS

I knew it was small before I bought it but I was still surprised at how small and light it was when I opened the box. I'm looking forward to using it this weekend but can't wait until they open up the website for pro mode. I was messing around with it a little bit when I got home yesterday. While it was not midday sun I was able to see the screen in the sunlight which I was happy about and the navigation seems pretty intuitive.

Yeah, was definitely glad the battery added a little weight to this bad boy!! Congrats on the purchase dude!

decisions decisions

I wonder if Callaway will let me borrow one for The Morgan Cup. This thing looks sweet, I may have to grab one once my current GPS dies.

Yeah, was definitely glad the battery added a little weight to this bad boy!! Congrats on the purchase dude!

Thanks! congrats to you as well.

I thought it was strange that the unit didn't come with one really.. This explains a lot of the great features associated with the device though.. Pumped to see how functional the shot tracking is!

I was just thinking, why did I only get a Getting Started Guide? I must stay the rest of the package is very nice. Everything positioned in a very "origami" way with folds and cut-outs to hold everything in place. I would not be worried about the unit being jossled around if you're having it shipped.

Expected date on website for Combo Pack; replacement battery, replacement USB cable, car charger & travel case; is 5/30.

Edit - Cost of combo pack is $59.99
I was on callaways store - and saw a ship date of 6/7. I havent checked back - but did it update? or are you on a different site?

Golfshot GPS doesn't drain my battery when I use it for a full round. As long as you put your phone to sleep when not in use you are fine. I always get GPS locks as soon as I press the wake button

i use golfshot to track my stats - if i use it as a GPS - i have very little battery left; and i put it to sleep between holes. prolly all the texting lol j/k

They didn't put up a fight at all.. Honestly I thought so too, but figured I would give it a shot! Worked like a charm!

seriously golfsmith employees are one half-step above dicks employees...

Thanks for the pics Canadan. The MX looks pretty sweet.

CG, I am really looking forward to your review. That was really cool of Callaway to upgrade you for free. I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger.

I havent gamed it yet. We have seriously had major T-Storms since my return on monday... cincinnati got tore up looks like... were sitting in flood watches...a Florida move looks better and better each day...

Im definately pumped to test it out. Ill shoot some video of the shot-tracking since i think its going to be a major feature. Skycaddie sold theres saying they were going to add this, but never did... i hope callaway's works as i think its a nice feature for techie's like myself.

I love how small and lightweight this is already. I think it will be barely noticeable in a pocket. My skycaddie feels like a cellphone from the 1990's!

seriously golfsmith employees are one half-step above dicks employees...

in fairness it was golf galaxy, which I believe is owned by Dick's haha

I love how small and lightweight this is already. I think it will be barely noticeable in a pocket. My skycaddie feels like a cellphone from the 1990's!

I think it'll just replace my cell phone in my left pocket, and I seriously doubt I'll even notice it there... At least until I buy the clip (If I do)..

I just bought the combo pack now too - since its a good deal cheaper than ordering individually - and its showing a 6/9 ship date.

sigh...damnit...I caved and got one too.... :(

I just bought the combo pack now too - since its a good deal cheaper than ordering individually - and its showing a 6/9 ship date.

Yesterday it did say 5/30. And it was the Callaway shop site. I guess the combo pack will now be a Father's Day gift as I just got mine. Can't wait to try on Saturday.

I'm still waiting on a response from Callaway through the contact us page... I wonder if you just got lucky with your quick turnaround and free ProMode CG...

whats in the combo pack?

I have ben toying around the idea of getting one I think this just swayed me.

You shouldn't be frowning dude, you should be pumped!! This thing will be sweet!

Yeah, but it puts a pretty good dent in my budget and I'm currently considering a 4H to replace my 4 iron. Not to mention since I took the previous few years off from golf, it looks like I'm no longer standard lie anymore so my irons need a-changing.

This was totally a impulse buy because I was pissed off that my iphone GPS told me I had 155 to the green (I was behind the trees and really couldn't see much) and so I nailed a 9 iron that was easily 2 clubs too long into the trees on the other side of the green lol.

I'm still waiting on a response from Callaway through the contact us page... I wonder if you just got lucky with your quick turnaround and free ProMode CG...

I haven't received any kind of email response either.

car charger, extra USB cable, extra battery, and a waterproof carrycase

You think the accessories pack is worth it? I don't really see the need for the car charger (I'm not playing really going to Iceland or whatever to play 72 in one day) but I guess the extra battery and case might be ok?

You think the accessories pack is worth it? I don't really see the need for the car charger (I'm not playing really going to Iceland or whatever to play 72 in one day) but I guess the extra battery and case might be ok?

$59.99 - Combo Pack

$19.99 - Replacement Battery
$34.99 - Travel Case
$54.98 - Total for the two

For $5.01 ($59.99 - $54.98), you get Replacement USB Cable ($17.99) and Car Charger ($19.99).

Sounds like a great deal to me.

i mostly just wanted an extra battery and carry case. if i ever forget to charge it on the way to a course - i like having a car charger... this thing charged real fast too. and the added 5-10 bucks was worth it

Back