Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Hit 4/7 Fairways with the M3 last Friday. Such a great weapon. I ended up hitting the last 3 I used the M3 on after I really got into a rythm with it. It was going high, straigh and far. I hit a 208 yard par 3 and it hopped and stopped. GOt to a par 5 in 2 with another 200+ yard M3 shot. My first few misses were right but once I settled down this club did its thing. I have a tendency to push this club which I'm still working on but it doesnt seem to be a huge issue.

I finally just got my M2 and M4 delivered after a wait of over a month. Prior to this my hybrid was a Nickent 3dx and I have to say this was my go to club. But after having to wait so long for the Mashies to arrive I couldn't wait to get my mashie on :) Unfortunately I played on a course that didn't require either club a great deal. But I did get to hit the M4 twice on par 3's and the M2 twice on par fives.

Unfortunately every shot I hit with these I hooked badly :( I had read that you should use the arrow on the grip for setup and had followed this information.

And I can't say I was hitting any other club badly, in fact my driving was great all day, and my iron play was pretty solid for me.

What I can say is that the shaft's in these are smooth as! And I am looking forward to some range time with these and getting my swing straightened out ;)

I play nine holes at a league night last night. I only used one of the Mashies one time during the round. It was the M1, 15.5*. I hit my drive to the right edge of a dog leg left hole. (Don't know what happened to the draw on that hole) This left me with a 220 shot up hill to a green that was protected by bunkers on the right side. I aimed a the left side of the green and hit a great shot that leaked a little bit right. I flew right over the right bunker and put me about 40 ft for a birdie putt. I hit a nice lag and pared the hole. I have just been loving both Mashies right now. You would have to fight me like crazy to get them out of my bag. The only issue I have is with the M1 leaking right a little bit. This happens 1 out of ever 5 shots. It is not a major problem, but just happens here and there. I think it is due to the lower loft it has.

Hit these on a simulator the other day, amazing club. I have a guy at work who is gunna take my hibore hybrids off my hands so I can pick up a mashie or 2. Going to bring my 5 iron in with me to make sure I'm properly gapped. The gap between my 5iron and 4 hybrid was bigger than I would have liked.

Hit 4/7 Fairways with the M3 last Friday. Such a great weapon. I ended up hitting the last 3 I used the M3 on after I really got into a rythm with it. It was going high, straigh and far. I hit a 208 yard par 3 and it hopped and stopped. GOt to a par 5 in 2 with another 200+ yard M3 shot. My first few misses were right but once I settled down this club did its thing. I have a tendency to push this club which I'm still working on but it doesnt seem to be a huge issue.

I had the same issues with pushing/slicing both of my mashies on Sunday. What are you doing to correct that miss Yoccs? Ball
Position, setup, ?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I stood back a little from the ball (pulled out the old lesson notes), half to 3/4 swing, corrected my posture and just tried to square my left hand at impact. Rythm is always huge but I tried to eliminate the rest of the swing thoughts. When I hit my first slice with the club I thought about my shot walking up to my ball and just realized how hard I was swinging. I corrected that with a better tempo and posture, then worked on the rest. I never try and cure the miss on the next shot completely, unless I happen on it by accident. If I'm going to fix something on the course, I try to fix in parts rather than a hole. Makes it easier if that makes sense. So the next shot rather than a slice it was a push and for me thats an easy fix. Sqaure the hands.

I had the same issues with pushing/slicing both of my mashies on Sunday. What are you doing to correct that miss Yoccs? Ball
Position, setup, ?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Just back from a round where I used my mashie as much as possible. I love it. I haven't hit as many fairways in a round for ages. I used it on very tee apart from 6 holes.

I was hitting it both ways with ease and didn't hit a single bad shot with it all round. In fact because I was concentrating on my rhythm and tempo with it, it helped my entire games as my swing felt so much better and under control today. Can't wait to get out on the course again with it

stilll loving my m3...m5 to come soon!!!!

I want the M1 to replace my 3w now

It's harder to hit for me. I give up about 10 yards with it, but I'll take that to be able to play it of the rough too.

I'm going the same route. Just more consistency with the M1.

Just a quick little run through of a hole that made me especially happy today. It was a 545 yard par 5. Teed off with the M3 about 220ish, second shot was M3 again for a little north of 200, a nice easy PW got me on close enough to get the only bird of the day. Who says you need to hit driver on a par 5?

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

I finally got to the range yestd to unveil my new M3. I couldnt hit the thing to save my life. Everything was a hard hook left. I retired it back to the bag after a total of 20 balls or so. I'd switch to a different club every 5 balls or so, but was only hooking the Mashie. Will keep working at it, but disappoined.

check the ball positioning and club head alignment. I can hit my M3 both ways with ease

check the ball positioning and club head alignment. I can hit my M3 both ways with ease

think its too far forward? i (thought) i had it about a ball width forward or middle. but i'm up for tweaks. i could have the head hooded too, hard to tell with a first time using it

Use the dots on the grip to help you align the club face. For me, it almost looks a bit open when it's square. I play the ball exactly where I'd play the corresponding iron. A bit up in the stance, but not too far forward.

Use the dots on the grip to help you align the club face. For me, it almost looks a bit open when it's square. I play the ball exactly where I'd play the corresponding iron. A bit up in the stance, but not too far forward.

Hawk I feel the same way about the look when you align using the arrows on the grip. It helps so much though and I have not had a bad shot since I started doing that. (Knock on wood)

My last couple of rounds and range sessions I've focused on bump and running with the M4.....in comparison to other hybrids I've used for this kind of shot, it doesn't even compare. I don't like the feel at all of it coming off the face and in fact I think it comes off a little too hot. I almost think it's a little too light in the head to use for a shot like this which is a shot I like to have in my bag. Pondering if I need to remove the M4 from the bag or not and go with a more versatile hybrid (R11 Rescue?) that can pull off this shot in addition to the 'traditional shots'

I can tell everybody one thing about my testing. I still have not dropped my 4 iron from my set, like some others have. I still have a lot of confidence in my 4 iron and I really love having it to punch me out of trouble. I just cannot get gripping down on a club and having consistent results. I have seen some small success on the range doing this, but on the course it never works out for me. I would just rather keep the 4 iron in the bag and get solid results out of it. When I grip the Mashies normal, my results are very solid and I love having them in the bag. I will note this, about gripping down. I struggle with this aspect with every club, even my favorite 100 yd club. If I try to grip down on it to hit a 85-90 yd shot, my results vary there too. So I don't think the Mashie is the problem, it is me.

I finally got to the range yestd to unveil my new M3. I couldnt hit the thing to save my life. Everything was a hard hook left. I retired it back to the bag after a total of 20 balls or so. I'd switch to a different club every 5 balls or so, but was only hooking the Mashie. Will keep working at it, but disappoined.

Last week on the range I was trying to work out the hooks myself, specially withe the Mashie. The pro told me I didnt have it far enough forward. Moved it up towards my left cheek and dead straight missiles were launched. Made all the difference in the world.

My last couple of rounds and range sessions I've focused on bump and running with the M4.....in comparison to other hybrids I've used for this kind of shot, it doesn't even compare. I don't like the feel at all of it coming off the face and in fact I think it comes off a little too hot. I almost think it's a little too light in the head to use for a shot like this which is a shot I like to have in my bag. Pondering if I need to remove the M4 from the bag or not and go with a more versatile hybrid (R11 Rescue?) that can pull off this shot in addition to the 'traditional shots'

I find I am the opposite and I have no problem pulling the bump and run with any of the Mashies. I find it real easy to do.

I still can't hit the Mashie consistantly with a lower punch shot or bump n run but it's getting there. I just hate trying to grip down lol. But man, you'll have to pry my M1 and M3 from my cold dead hands haha.

I never do the B&R with my Mashie but for punch outs I find them very effective.

I have tried the same shot you are talking about with the M4 and I'm just more comfortable using my A7. I remember you testing the R11 Rescue for that bump and run shot when we played back in March and you had some nice success with it.

I never do the B&R with my Mashie but for punch outs I find them very effective.

that was a shot I love the M1 for. But that club is gone now. I use both of my current hybrids for that punch out shot now.

so, I got my first full round in with my Mashie, M1...wow. Mashie my face off. I flippin love it. I will be buying more mashies!

Par 4 315 yards....Mashie to 73 yards out

so, I got my first full round in with my Mashie, M1...wow. Mashie my face off. I flippin love it. I will be buying more mashies!

Par 4 315 yards....Mashie to 73 yards out

sounds like it's working well for you. I loved that club off of the tee.

Back