Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

9.5* with the Ahina Stiff.

I never did get on a LM with it. But, as straight as I was hitting it, I didn't think I needed to wait....and I didn't want to. LOL!

I was going to change out the grip. But, the fitter said to play a 2-3 rounds first to make sure the B1 setting was definitely what I wanted. After that setting is finalized, then I'll put a new grip on it.

Thats what I have, I love it!

MikeDean441 - Did you purchase the D3 head and use the same shaft as your D2, or did you buy a whole new club? I have contemplated just purchasing the other head, and using my current driver shaft, but I was wondering what others thoughts were on this?

purchased the D3 club and then bought the D2 head separate on here thanks to Seth O!

purchased the D3 club and then bought the D2 head separate on here thanks to Seth O!

Glad to serve.

Funny story here. He asked me to paint it back to the original colors in case he needed to sell it and go with the D3. I did this, but I reversed the colors on the 910 and D2. Doh! Now the 910 is red and the D2 is silver. I am an idiot.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been really short with my D3 - a lot shorter than I could just chalk up to cooler weather. I know its my swing, but I couldn't help trying out a few new drivers at PGA SS today. They didn't have any Cleveland Black demos, but I did try the Nike VR-Pro, Bridgestone J40, Ping G20, Callaway Razr Hawk.....All were pretty similar in distance, some I tended to hit straighter than others. When I was done, I stumbled across a 910 D3 with a Project X 6.0 shaft. My shaft is the 5.5, but I figured for comparison's sake I would give that one a swing.

Two drives, perfectly straight, and a good 10 yards past my longest drives with all the other clubs I tried. I'm sure it has something to do with me just being familiar with the club, but it was nice to get that little boost of confidence as I headed for the door.

Glad to serve.

Funny story here. He asked me to paint it back to the original colors in case he needed to sell it and go with the D3. I did this, but I reversed the colors on the 910 and D2. Doh! Now the 910 is red and the D2 is silver. I am an idiot.

lol, no worries at all, thanks to my inability to make good swings consistently I'll probably be forced to stick with the D2 anyhow

I have a question about the adjustability of the 910 range. I've got a 910h but I have only hit it in the normal settings. However I have changed the settings at home and swung the club in the living room. But to me it seems as though nothing changes when I change the setting and get ready to swing.
Don't these adjustable sleeves only rotate the shaft in the clubhead? When you set up and square the club aren't you back to where you started?

I have a question about the adjustability of the 910 range. I've got a 910h but I have only hit it in the normal settings. However I have changed the settings at home and swung the club in the living room. But to me it seems as though nothing changes when I change the setting and get ready to swing.
Don't these adjustable sleeves only rotate the shaft in the clubhead? When you set up and square the club aren't you back to where you started?

I havent messed with the adjustability yet so im the wrong person to chime in, but Im sure there are plenty of people around here that have..

For the past couple of weeks, I have been really short with my D3 - a lot shorter than I could just chalk up to cooler weather. I know its my swing, but I couldn't help trying out a few new drivers at PGA SS today. They didn't have any Cleveland Black demos, but I did try the Nike VR-Pro, Bridgestone J40, Ping G20, Callaway Razr Hawk.....All were pretty similar in distance, some I tended to hit straighter than others. When I was done, I stumbled across a 910 D3 with a Project X 6.0 shaft. My shaft is the 5.5, but I figured for comparison's sake I would give that one a swing.

Two drives, perfectly straight, and a good 10 yards past my longest drives with all the other clubs I tried. I'm sure it has something to do with me just being familiar with the club, but it was nice to get that little boost of confidence as I headed for the door.

I've been hitting my driver short lately, too. It's my swing. I'm too steep, but haven't taken the time to work it out yet. However, I'm killing with a 3 wood lately. My 910F w/ Project X 6.0 arrived today and I'm totally stoked. Was hitting a buddy's Nike VR Pro and loved the feel so I went to try out 3 woods with the PX shaft. Liking the shaft so much I'm debating on trying the 3wood shaft in my driver to see how things turn out (once my swing evens out).

Technically as you adjust the settings in the hosel the shaft changes angles as related to the head, although I can see how to the plain eye it would seem that the shaft is just rotating on its axis.

6643034237_b5cb8de36c.jpg
6643034281_e0f7258039.jpg

I've been hitting my driver short lately, too. It's my swing. I'm too steep, but haven't taken the time to work it out yet. However, I'm killing with a 3 wood lately. My 910F w/ Project X 6.0 arrived today and I'm totally stoked. Was hitting a buddy's Nike VR Pro and loved the feel so I went to try out 3 woods with the PX shaft. Liking the shaft so much I'm debating on trying the 3wood shaft in my driver to see how things turn out (once my swing evens out).
I have a Project X 7D3 (5.5 flex) in my 910 D2 and the combo works great.

That's an interesting idea, however I was reading just yesterday that the adjustable sleeves are not the same for the driver, fairway woods, and hybrids, because they need to be adjusted a little differently to achieve the correct angles. Of course, I suppose if you are just in the A1 setting it wouldn't make any difference.

I have the same Project X 5.5 shaft in my driver and 3 wood. (The don't have a 5.5 shaft for the 3 wood, so Titleist just cut down a driver shaft for me). I wonder if I could make the switch, and maybe a shorter shaft would help me cure whatever I'm doing crazy with my driver swing right now....

Technically as you adjust the settings in the hosel the shaft changes angles as related to the head, although I can see how to the plain eye it would seem that the shaft is just rotating on its axis.

I was thinking about the question that was posed, and I guess you could actually undo some of the adjustability just by changing your grip a little, but since it is being adjusted in two different angles at once, I don't think you could undo all of it.

So I maanged to get our last friday and take the newly acquired D2 out for a test run. It wasnt the bestof conditions as the ground was soaking wet and it was really difficult to keep my footing, but in the end Ive decided to stick with the D2.

While the D3 offered more distance, my shot dispersion with the D2 was much better, and at the end of the day that is most important for a guy like me that doesnt always put the best swing on the ball. Distance was solid an I love the more of a penetrating ball flight compared to my Burner 2.0. And I really focused on trying not to overswing with this club, and it surely didnt disappoint....long and straight more times than not.

The D3 did have more of a solid feel at impact when you put a good swing on it, and is an awesome club that everyone should at least try out.

Excited to put the D2 in play in Feb when I head out to Phoenix, hoping to meet up with some THPers while im out there.

So I maanged to get our last friday and take the newly acquired D2 out for a test run. It wasnt the bestof conditions as the ground was soaking wet and it was really difficult to keep my footing, but in the end Ive decided to stick with the D2.

While the D3 offered more distance, my shot dispersion with the D2 was much better, and at the end of the day that is most important for a guy like me that doesnt always put the best swing on the ball. Distance was solid an I love the more of a penetrating ball flight compared to my Burner 2.0. And I really focused on trying not to overswing with this club, and it surely didnt disappoint....long and straight more times than not.

The D3 did have more of a solid feel at impact when you put a good swing on it, and is an awesome club that everyone should at least try out.

Excited to put the D2 in play in Feb when I head out to Phoenix, hoping to meet up with some THPers while im out there.

Very glad that the D2 worked for you bro!

I took another looonnng look at these clubs when I was at Golftown last week. Unfortunately they didn't have the shaft I need.. only Kaili 65s in stock so I couldn't even indulge my lust.

hit 6 out of 8 fairways today with the D2, still going strong.

Just been fitted for my 2nd D2, went from having the Kai'li 65 S to the UST axivcore 79 X, huge difference but it feels so good to swing! Can't wait till it gets here!!

Has anyone tried any weight changes in the head? What kind of diffferences are achieved with a little more or less weight?

I played the second half of 2011 with a D2 and love it. Settled in with the surefit hosel setting and while I could be perfectly content with everything set as it is now, I was curious about the ability to change the weight. I've got the stock red dot in now. Just some pondering as the snow falls here in the Northeast.

i thought all the weight did was change the swing weight depending on your preference? interesting to find out peoples results if they have changed it.

Has anyone tried any weight changes in the head? What kind of diffferences are achieved with a little more or less weight?

I played the second half of 2011 with a D2 and love it. Settled in with the surefit hosel setting and while I could be perfectly content with everything set as it is now, I was curious about the ability to change the weight. I've got the stock red dot in now. Just some pondering as the snow falls here in the Northeast.

Yea I bought the weight kit and it comes with I think six different weights. When I cut my driver down to 44.5 length I changed out the standard weight to the 6 gram which works great for me. I have added more weight playing around at times and it seems to lower my ball flight and slow the hooks down. You can order a weight kit from Blind9 Golf and they are great to do buisness with. Just click on the link at the top of this site and tell em you are a THP member.

I hit this again at Golf Smith and walked away pretty impressed. I need to spend more time with it, this just be my new stick. Isn't Titleist due for a new driver this year? I think they release one every other year instead of every year?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Today was my first day with the D2 out on the course. Weather was perfect, started in the upper 50s and ended near 70 degrees. I hit my home course with a friend for only the second time since early December when the nerve in my neck became pinched. I've been feeling much better lately, with the feeling returning to my fingertips. I'd hit it once at the range and had middling results with it, but decided to leave it adjusted up to 10.25* from 9.5*, no lie adjustments.

I decided I'd keep score today, just to see how I did. How I did was GREAT. I hit 71% of my fairways today, including several longer than usual drives. On the first hole I uncorked a drive that left me with something I've never had on a par 4 before: a wedge shot to the green. I felt like a tour pro, even though the hole was only a 285 yarder. It felt great. On the 17th hole, a 315 par 4 I made a powerful move on the ball and hit (along with a slightly raised tee box and a somewhat helping 10mph wind) the longest drive of my life. Taking into account the hard fairways when the ball came to rest it was about 285 yards from the tee. Without the wind, the raised tee box and the fast fairway it would have been maybe 250, but it felt amazing to blast that ball out there. I'd switched to Bridgestone e6 Optic Yellow balls as well and I love the way they play off the tee and irons. My final score was a career lowest and it dropped my handicap. I shot a 90, which included one out of bounds shot and two water hazards hit. Take those away and I break 90 for the first time. Not bad since three recorded scores ago I was in the 100s.

I love this driver!

Today was my first day with the D2 out on the course. Weather was perfect, started in the upper 50s and ended near 70 degrees. I hit my home course with a friend for only the second time since early December when the nerve in my neck became pinched. I've been feeling much better lately, with the feeling returning to my fingertips. I'd hit it once at the range and had middling results with it, but decided to leave it adjusted up to 10.25* from 9.5*, no lie adjustments.

I decided I'd keep score today, just to see how I did. How I did was GREAT. I hit 71% of my fairways today, including several longer than usual drives. On the first hole I uncorked a drive that left me with something I've never had on a par 4 before: a wedge shot to the green. I felt like a tour pro, even though the hole was only a 285 yarder. It felt great. On the 17th hole, a 315 par 4 I made a powerful move on the ball and hit (along with a slightly raised tee box and a somewhat helping 10mph wind) the longest drive of my life. Taking into account the hard fairways when the ball came to rest it was about 285 yards from the tee. Without the wind, the raised tee box and the fast fairway it would have been maybe 250, but it felt amazing to blast that ball out there. I'd switched to Bridgestone e6 Optic Yellow balls as well and I love the way they play off the tee and irons. My final score was a career lowest and it dropped my handicap. I shot a 90, which included one out of bounds shot and two water hazards hit. Take those away and I break 90 for the first time. Not bad since three recorded scores ago I was in the 100s.

I love this driver!

Good job and yea, this dawg will hunt :D!

Is it wrong that I love this driver so much that I didn't/won't enter the RAZR Fit driver contest? My D2 does wonders for me and I know once I get it dialed in I will get a few more yards out of it.

I shouldn't be able to hit this Titleist driver at my age and skill level, BUT I was over at the local golf shop launch monitor trying out the new RBZ HL Driver with M flex shaft (I'm 63, 82mph swing speed). I was hitting that about 180 yards or so with a couple yards deviation left or right each time. I picked up this good looking black driver for fun, hit a few. WOW! consistent 225 or so yards, straight down the middle, spin at about 1800 per min, "Smash" factor 1.49. Very reproducible results. I don't hit anything that well, including my trusty R11. Looked at the sleek black driver, and it's a 9.5 degree D3 Titleist with a stiff shaft! What's up with that? Should I buy a used one and see if I was dreaming? Or was this a temporary aberration?

I shouldn't be able to hit this Titleist driver at my age and skill level, BUT I was over at the local golf shop launch monitor trying out the new RBZ HL Driver with M flex shaft (I'm 63, 82mph swing speed). I was hitting that about 180 yards or so with a couple yards deviation left or right each time. I picked up this good looking black driver for fun, hit a few. WOW! consistent 225 or so yards, straight down the middle, spin at about 1800 per min, "Smash" factor 1.49. Very reproducible results. I don't hit anything that well, including my trusty R11. Looked at the sleek black driver, and it's a 9.5 degree D3 Titleist with a stiff shaft! What's up with that? Should I buy a used one and see if I was dreaming? Or was this a temporary aberration?

It works for me Doc and I am 61 years young. I play the D2 10.5 model and have been more than satisfied with the 910.

Back