What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally play the Pro V1 but my last round I tried an NXT Tour.
Seems like a decent ball, but not as much spin and didn't care for the feel off the putter.
I hope to try out the Bridgestone B-330 S when they come in, otherwise....back to the trusty Pro V1's

Just found some Srixon Z Star Tour in yellow online for $30 a dozen new. Ordered a dozen in Tour and a dozen in X to see which I will like better.

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo. Picked up maybe 10 yards and felt pretty good around the greens. Maybe switching.

Played another round with the Penta ball. I think I'm a convert. Great distance for me, and amazing feel around the greens. Just great spin on the short irons and wedges too.

Wilson ZZZZIIIIPPP from my boy YUCCOS! Everytime I hit it I hear a murmered..."roadhouse"

Lmfao!!!!!! I can't stop saying Roadhouse. It's replaced awesome, sweet, amazing, punch, kick, roundhouse.. etc.

What did you think of it?
Wilson ZZZZIIIIPPP from my boy YUCCOS! Everytime I hit it I hear a murmered..."roadhouse"

Nice stuff G4L!!!
Played another round with the Penta ball. I think I'm a convert. Great distance for me, and amazing feel around the greens. Just great spin on the short irons and wedges too.

Lmfao!!!!!! I can't stop saying Roadhouse. It's replaced awesome, sweet, amazing, punch, kick, roundhouse.. etc.

What did you think of it?

I really liked it man! I was hitting it long, straight, and it was a great ball to putt. Oh, I shot a 76 with that Bia

That is great news. 76???????????? DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Roadhouse right there.
I really liked it man! I was hitting it long, straight, and it was a great ball to putt. Oh, I shot a 76 with that Bia

That is great news. 76???????????? DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Roadhouse right there.

no doubt! it was great hearing the ball say it as it flew......Roadhouse

That's awesome. They really are fantastic golf balls. The cover is odd at first but once you get used to it, no weirdness anymore.
no doubt! it was great hearing the ball say it as it flew......Roadhouse

Top Flite Gamer v2... Great Launch in general and decent putter feel. Awesome for $20 a dozen or cheaper

I hit 4 balls at a time round my local 9 hole course today.
Noodle Plus, this is a great ball for me. Nice and soft and long off the tee. Reasonable control around the greens and cheap.
Some Dunlop ball I found. Awful. Like a rock. I smacked it into a field in the end.
Bridgestone Treosoft, pretty much the same as the Noodle.
Bridgestone e6 - these are my favourites. Love the feel around the green and for putting, not quite as long off the tee as the noodle for me, but I can live with that as the feel is so good.

From now on I think I might go for e6s when it matters and Noodles when it doesn't so much.

I just noticed Taylormade Burner Tour golf balls. anyone played with it?

played 3 whole sleeves of nxt's today... needless to say my ball striking was horrible

After playing 4 rounds with Nike One Vapor Speeds, I went back to my Nike One Tour yesterday and remembered why I love it so much. Its long, durable, amazing spin around the greens and great feel when putting. I seem to be the only person in THP that plays this ball but its awesome...oh and its only $30 and dozen!

Only $30 a dozen? Hehe, I pay about $10 a dozen but that's awesome you found a ball you love. Who cares if anyone else plays it.

After playing 4 rounds with Nike One Vapor Speeds, I went back to my Nike One Tour yesterday and remembered why I love it so much. Its long, durable, amazing spin around the greens and great feel when putting. I seem to be the only person in THP that plays this ball but its awesome...oh and its only $30 and dozen!

We reviewed them and I used them for a couple of months. But the launch monitor does not lie and when I get less spin off the tee and 9 yards more distance with a different ball, I have to make the change. All that plus great greenside spin and even better durability. Glad it is working for you though.

Played Top Flite Gamer v2s the other day, great ball for the weekend warrior.
Putts well and its fairly long. A steal at $20, but ya'll already knew about that didn't ya :tongue:

We reviewed them and I used them for a couple of months. But the launch monitor does not lie and when I get less spin off the tee and 9 yards more distance with a different ball, I have to make the change. All that plus great greenside spin and even better durability. Glad it is working for you though.
I have no doubt that there are better balls out there than the Nike, but a lot of things are more expensive in Canada than in the US and there is not a tour caliber ball within $20 of the Nike One Tour.

I have no doubt that there are better balls out there than the Nike, but a lot of things are more expensive in Canada than in the US and there is not a tour caliber ball within $20 of the Nike One Tour.

I hope it didnt sound like that from what I posted. The One Tour could in fact be the best ball for many. It just wasn't for me. Im glad it is working for you. I agree about the price. Since they have announced (sort of) that the new ball is coming out, the price has dropped dramatically.

I love the one tour. When I hit it solidly it was amazing! My problem is Im not consistant enough to take advantage of the ball. But it is on of my top 3 balls. Once I get my game on track Ill definitely still be searching this one out. Just my game unfortunately doesn't suit the ball, I love to see people use the one tour.

Ran out of Tour 330-S today and decided to play one of my Pro V1's I had left from when I switched. Great ball but the durability doesn't even compare to the BStone. 9 holes of normal play (AKA no tree's, cart paths, thin shots, etc.) and the thing looked like it had been through war. At this pace not losing any I will go through the 2 sleeves I have left in 4 rounds.

played the taylormade tp ldp today... well i played 2 of them... the first one decided to go swimming on #4
i like the feel of this ball and im glad i didnt lose too many of them

I played with a random ball found last round. Nike PD Soft I think... It had green writing..

For whatever reason, I couldn't seem to lose it haha! Even got a bit of spin around the green with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back