What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 87 today. The winds were getting after me pretty bad. My Vision UV was soring though. I didnt hit a single green because it seemed like all the par threes were playing into the wind. But I did manage a few bombs down the fairways. I need to brush up on my irons badly.

I shot a 44/41 for an 85. My driver was just on all afternoon. I have struggled with a slice since I started back golfing, and for now I have triumphed over it. I had one slice all day, and 2 hooks. I never thought I'd see the day when I had more hook than slices. I hit ball, after ball long and straight. The majority of the fairwaus I missed were due to aiming left out of habit... oops. I was making good contact with my irons all day, just didn't quite have the accuracy I've been seeing lately. My putting was on, I think its the first time I broke 30 putts since I started keeping track of putts. With my driver and putter working the way they both were today, I should have put in a push to break 80, but I just couldn't hit any greens. It was still overall a good day.

Played a little foolish today, more or less just experimenting (and apparently it didn't work)..

Shot a 41 on the harder 9 of my course. Lipped out two birdie putts and I guess just lost interest from there haha!

On the plus side, I was absolutely obliterating my driver and 3 wood.. They have been incredible additions to the bag.

i went 43-42 for a rough 85. it rained a lot last night and conditions were very tough. the rough was impossible to get through. on a good note tho, i had 12 one putts and was absolutely bombing my driver. consistantly 275+ with a touch of backspin with the driver lol back at it tomorrow and ill see if i can score better

+2 (37). Got off work early, so I braved the ridiculous heat and hopped on for a quick nine. First round with my new putter and it was a dandy. Twelve putts, which is on pace for my best of the year over 18.

+2 (37). Got off work early, so I braved the ridiculous heat and hopped on for a quick nine. First round with my new putter and it was a dandy. Twelve putts, which is on pace for my best of the year over 18.

Nice score man! The heat was ridiculous today, you are brave indeed. What course did you play?

Nice score man! The heat was ridiculous today, you are brave indeed. What course did you play?

Silverado since I live right there and wanted a 9 hole rate in the area. The greens are pretty brutal there right now. Anything over 10 feet and your putt is skipping for sure.

Silverado since I live right there and wanted a 9 hole rate in the area. The greens are pretty brutal there right now. Anything over 10 feet and your putt is skipping for sure.

Its like that everywhere right now :/ I hate this time of year.

Its like that everywhere right now :/ I hate this time of year.

Indeed, but I've not seen anywhere near the amount of grafting on the greens as I did today. Every single one had the graft patches on it - some inside of 10 feet from the hole.

First time back on the course today since my tourney on the 18th. Shot an Even Par. Back at it in a few hours.

Alex

Yeah rough greens are tough to play. I've never played Silverado but I've heard good things.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Very first round with my new burner 1.0 irons. Shot a nasty looking 103 and almost got bit by a snapping turtle.

Lol, those dudes have a nasty attitude and some get pretty good sized.

Shot a 38 today on the back 9, second time in the last week Ive done so.

6 pars and 3 bogeys.

Putted pretty good, just stayed out of trouble. Had 1 topper on 17 and a pop up out of the rough with my hybrid on 11 which lead to a bogey.

Amazing how well Ive played without the driver, just staying out of trouble

Yesterday was the last night for men's league, so I played 18 earlier, mid day, to be ready for league. The greens here were drilled/sanded earlier in the week and brutal to say the least. Every putt was an adventure to see which direction the ball would bounce off the holes and I actually had several chips that jumped sideways when they hit a drill hole. Shot 40/42 82 for the early round with 17/16 33 putts and 42 for men's league, but didn't track the putts.

We started on the par 3 #9 hole during league and after missing the green I was left with a long chip up the hill to the flag. My chip landed well left of the flag, but hit a hole and hopped straight right to about 18" from the flag. My putt hit another hole in front of the cup and shot left to miss. A guy on the other team shot a 35 which was pretty cool to watch, even with several missed putts like the rest of us. He eagled a long par 5 with a chip-in from 80 yards.

Played 9 holes Wednesday and Thursday. Shop 42 and 39. The 42 I took a double on #1 and #3, missed a few makeable putts. The 39 I took a double on #7 because no one was paying attention on my tee shot and I had no idea which direction it went since it was straight into the sun. So played it as a lost ball and hit again with people looking. Had a birdie on #9 and missed 3 others along the way. My ball striking is starting to get better.

One of the best days of the season for me. Even par 36 today on a fairly easy public course.

First hole was an easy birdie on a short par 5, only 472. Drove it a good 250 downhill, then a 5-wood 200 to leave me a short pitch, then up-and-down for birdie. Ended up with another birdie on a 169-yard par 3 with a iron shot 3 feet from the hole :D. Unfortunately lipped out a par putt on a 346-yard par 4 from 5 feet :banghead: ... I was putting like Phil

a little better then yesterday. 38-39/77 the course wasnt as wet today as yesterday so i was driving into my scoring zone a lot more today. another good day with the driver and the putter too. im really starting to love these Top Flite Gamer V2's

76. Boring pro-am. Sometimes, pro-ams are the worst thing in the world. I probably heard 50-60 "wow, great shot" and I maybe hit 10 good/great shots...

Shot an 81. But I played much better than more scorecard. Had 9 pars with one double. Zero birdies but had 4 straight chances but I hit no bad shots(nothing fat or hooked/sliced) Very pleased with my game today but I should have had a 78 maybe 79.

Shot an 81 today. Still haven't gotten things bad on track. Playing my irons and putting well but short game sucks

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Nice round kronik, wtg.

Shot 41-40 81 but my wife shot 42-37 79 and whooped my but. I was happy to see her back on track as she has been a little off the last week of so.

Played a hilly course today with huge elevation changes and greens that were slower than Christmas. Shot a 90. Not a good day for me but we had a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back