^ What Dent said. Let's say you're wearing these shoes:

adidas-powerband-2.jpg

It wouldn't look good with all white and black everywhere else.
Granted, all you would need is a little blue/gray logo on your shirt or hat, but still...

I actually totally disagree. Those shoes would look great with black pants and a white belt and really a white shirt, blue shirt, gray shirt, or more.

I think you're a bit too matchy matchy. I'm sure you look nice, but I think it's ok to mix things up a bit.

Umm.. I dunno Diane. I think those shoes with all black and white everything else is a little sketchy. I mean if it's all you got for shoes do what you have to do. But I just feel the blue completely throws the outfit off.

Although, JL, JB, and I kind of started two different examples here. One was dealing with all white shoes and a blue outfit, and one is dealing with blue shoes and a black and white outfit.

That's why I can't stand this Fowler outfit:

Picture1-2.jpg

There are a couple problems, but the yellow on the shoes just makes it look like a train wreck.

I guess we all have different tastes. I feel colours should have pairs in the outfit that complement each other. If you are wearing a blue shoe, isn't it just necessary to have another blue in your outfit?

I guess we all have different tastes. I feel colours should have pairs in the outfit that complement each other. If you are wearing a blue shoe, isn't it just necessary to have another blue in your outfit?

I dont necessarily think so. It depends on the rest of the outfit. But shoes are like any other accessory in style and they can be different and still work.

That's why I can't stand this Fowler outfit:

There are a couple problems, but the yellow on the shoes just makes it look like a train wreck.

Actually I have those pants in the shorts and there is actually a little bit of a yellow in them. And I believe the logo on the shirt also has yellow...
But I 100% agree I did (do) not care for this outfit... too much blue for my taste. Puma has so much great stuff he could be putting together much better outfits, IMO, especially with the Cell Fusion shoes w/ the accented colors...

I dont necessarily think so. It depends on the rest of the outfit. But shoes are like any other accessory in style and they can be different and still work.

I feel we are just thinking black and white here though. I don't think I would be wearing blue and white shoes, black pants, white belt, red shirt, white hat.

Doesn't that feel a little off to you? Maybe it's just my style but I only like to keep my outfits situated to one or two colours.

But I was going back to the original topic in that I dont think you have to wear white shoes to wear a white belt. And I certainly disagree with JL that the shoes have to be all white. Adding accents to the shoes only brings outfits closer together.

But I was going back to the original topic in that I dont think you have to wear white shoes to wear a white belt. And I certainly disagree with JL that the shoes have to be all white. Adding accents to the shoes only brings outfits closer together.

I do agree as well. We kinda veered so off topic and threw out so many examples I didn't know what one we are talking about. :act-up:

Back to the original though JB I do agree.

I love it, I'm trying to catch up here and can't even tell who's trying to make what point to whom or why or what color with what or anything! Keep it coming though, actually I'd like to see some actual pics of white belts incorporated with your outfits. Don't feel you have to post here and the What did you wear thread though, I'll just keep checking that thread for examples and pics as well.

All the comments have helped, well some have confused me, but for the most part I not have a great idea of what I can do with what I already own and mix in my white belt, it's almost like I'm going to get a whole bunch more golf gear without buying a single thing!!!

I love it, I'm trying to catch up here and can't even tell who's trying to make what point to whom or why or what color with what or anything! Keep it coming though, actually I'd like to see some actual pics of white belts incorporated with your outfits. Don't feel you have to post here and the What did you wear thread though, I'll just keep checking that thread for examples and pics as well.

All the comments have helped, well some have confused me, but for the most part I not have a great idea of what I can do with what I already own and mix in my white belt, it's almost like I'm going to get a whole bunch more golf gear without buying a single thing!!!

Once I get golfing P4B I will for sure post some pictures on what I am wearing. Although I don't have the greatest sense of style you can get an example. I think you'll have to find a couple pics of JB's outfits to get some real examples.

P4B - I think that JB is right - you need to take a few more chances with mixing colors. Shop your closet and try different things together. Do a golf fashion show for your daughters - I bet they have a better sense of colors than you do.

But don't you agree that accents make the shoes more dependent on the rest of the outfit? That's all I was trying to say.

But don't you agree that accents make the shoes more dependent on the rest of the outfit? That's all I was trying to say.

I actually dont really. I know that some do, but to me, solid shoes look dated to me. Less and less are coming out each year because people want that splash of color or style in their footwear. In my opinion.

I actually dont really. I know that some do, but to me, solid shoes look dated to me. Less and less are coming out each year because people want that splash of color or style in their footwear. In my opinion.

I shall design some shoes where you can switch out the colour accents. Debate over :D

That's why I love shoes with texture accents like these FJ Icons:

Picture2.jpg

Not just solid, but not really accented either. Something like this is at the top of my wish list.

It'll be awhile I'm sure... Like why can't TaylorMade and Nike sell the Shaft and Heads seperate on their Str8-Fit and FCT respectively? Great and simple idea, but not as much profit in the long run...

P4B - I think that JB is right - you need to take a few more chances with mixing colors. Shop your closet and try different things together. Do a golf fashion show for your daughters - I bet they have a better sense of colors than you do.

I have a funny story about my girls and colors, this past weekend was my b-day so we all went out for supper but before we ate we stopped in the mall so I could grab a couple more dress shirts for work, church, etc. I decided that I own enough blue, white, blue/white dress shirts to outfit an entire country so I'm going with something different. I picked up a great looking pink shirt and my 7 yr old just about DIED laughing. Long story short, I got the shirt and the entire time on the way to the checkout and afterwards she was laughing at daddy for buying a pink shirt. The next day I was driving my 9 yr old and a few classmates for a school field trip and thought I'd wear the new pink shirt, she says, "Daddy, can you wear the blue shirt instead, please?" Well I ended up going with the pink and after I got ready and walked out of my bedroom in the morning both girls fell in love with the shirt. All day they kept telling me how nice I looked, it was hilarious.

So the girls might laugh at me, especially when I pull out the pink golf shirt with the white belt tied in somehow, but they're learning!

That's why I love shoes with texture accents like these FJ Icons:

Picture2.jpg

Not just solid, but not really accented either. Something like this is at the top of my wish list.

That is what is great about style, everybody can have their own taste. Because to me those look tired and dated compared to what is new out there. I love the Icons, but white on white does little for me. It always reminds me of the people that get their teeth bleached just a little too much. just my opinion though.

The running shoe style golf shoes are becoming more popular. Not really my kind of thing though. I just think the classic look of a golf shoe ties in with the classic looks of golf clothes as well.

Haha, I find it really interesting that young guys like me and Dent prefer the classic shoes, and lots of more experienced players are starting to lean towards the athletic style.

Haha, I find it really interesting that young guys like me and Dent prefer the classic shoes, and lots of more experienced players are starting to lean towards the athletic style.

I love Classic shoes. Heck I have 30 pairs of golf shoes and only about 8 are not classic. But white on white to me looks dated and not right. Personal opinion. Everytime I see someone wearing them, they stand out to me (in a different way other than style).

Here is 27 pairs. Lots of classic in there.

Spoiler
798908273_8euqH-L.jpg

I am in love with that yellow and black pair, JB!
Pair those with black pants, yellow belt, black shirt, yellow Cobra hat, you have the perfect outfit. Especially with a Cobra staff bag!

Back