Status
Not open for further replies.

Martsy

Reaction score
Handicap
18.5 GHIN
So, I was actually just going to play around with some config options for the xhots (it's what I do in my spare time...play with club options), and saw in Golfsmith's custom combo/hybrid section, they have Big Bertha Irons listed with shaft options. I'm sure it's a snafu by someone in their web department, since they're not even on Callaway's website. Though some of you might be interested in playing around with the options. Hope I'm not breaking any rules...these must be right around the corner though. If I add them to my cart, it says shipped by Oct 2nd, for what it's worth.

The demo heads are in store, ugly as all get out, was going to put one together and hit it when I was there Tuesday but apparently it's a different tool. The star bit also has a middle piece sticking up so none of the usual wrenches work on it.

I hit a 7 iron yesterday, it is ugly but you can hit it with your eyes closed.

I got pictures of them today but don't know how to post of them from my phone

They are embargoed until tomorrow. At that time THP will have a full preview and sets in hand in the coming days for review.
Pictures before hand will be removed per the embargo date.

I hit a 7 iron yesterday, it is ugly but you can hit it with your eyes closed.
Sounds like something up my alley. I don't care about looks, just performance.

They are embargoed until tomorrow. At that time THP will have a full preview and sets in hand in the coming days for review.
Pictures before hand will be removed per the embargo date.

JB can I provide a link or mention a big box store that has them on their site?

BTW I've heard major claims about distance increases with these clubs.

I'm actually going to go hit them tomorrow at Canada's Callaway Performance Fitting Centre.
Friends getting fit and I'm not missing out in a chance to see these and hit them myself.

Looking forward to this. I can get past looks for distance and forgiveness.

Tomorrow, eh? Looking forward to it.

I'm with Erik, give me distance and forgiveness. Right up my alley.

These are in the GolfTown flyer I just got. Advertising a gain of 2 clubs.

Big Bertha Irons

I had the Bertha 06 irons. First set I purchased for myself as a graduation present.

Loved them and sold them to a friend who still games them. Glad to hear they are coming back.

A club or two distance gain is a lot of yardage to gain. That's a very interesting flyer.

Interesting. ..heck their apex and xhots were already long

I saw some pictures of them online a few weeks back, at the time they were being billed as an overseas release but that may have been incorrect (I believe the ad was in Japanese). Curious to actually see these, I believe they were being billed as SGI, along the lines of Cobra Baffler XLs.

If its true I'll have a 160 yard Pitching Wedge...I'm really not sure if that's a good thing or a downright horrifying thing.

The demo heads are in store, ugly as all get out, was going to put one together and hit it when I was there Tuesday but apparently it's a different tool. The star bit also has a middle piece sticking up so none of the usual wrenches work on it.

Tamper proof torx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be a fun iron to hit. Already wanting to see if I have a 200yd 9i

I hit Hawks Adams redline 8 or 9 iron two bills. Those things were loooooong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw some pictures of them online a few weeks back, at the time they were being billed as an overseas release but that may have been incorrect (I believe the ad was in Japanese). Curious to actually see these, I believe they were being billed as SGI, along the lines of Cobra Baffler XLs.

I would definitely put these in the SGI camp

Curious about what happens at the bottom of the bag gaps of a PW goes like an 8i. Not knocking it as added distance cam help a lot of players, just curious.

The JDM BB's look totally different than what we will get.

I had the Bertha 06 irons. First set I purchased for myself as a graduation present.

Loved them and sold them to a friend who still games them. Glad to hear they are coming back.

I'm still rockin' those!! Guess I might need to upgrade pretty soon here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back