2013 Solheim Cup Thread (Spoilers)

My daughter has been playing with Legos as I've watched
e7eha9us.jpg
this. Michelle Wie putting in Lego form:

My daughter has been playing with Legos as I've watched
e7eha9us.jpg
this. Michelle Wie putting in Lego form:

LOL that is awesome! Kids always do such funny things.

Well done Euro

tappin from my big as note2

Great win for Europe. They played well all week.

They made history and played well. Congratulations!

J

I think JB told me yesterday that Paula Creamer played with Rickie Fowler at his home course of Medalist. According to him, she beat Rickie by 7 strokes.

I think the LPGA Tour is supremely talented compared to what it used to be. Some amazing players play there.

So 1 of the LPGA best (maybe) beat an average (maybe) PGA player and that's indicative of their talent level?

I'm loving my adoptive country, but equally glad the US team got humped! I haven't watched much of this solheim cup, but from what I've read, both online and here, it's everything I despise in team golf. There's being proud to represent your country, and then there's being a complete twat about it.

Great win for the Euros, the matches still out there seem a little silly to me.

Another reason not to care for Kerr

tappin from my big as note2

So 1 of the LPGA best (maybe) beat an average (maybe) PGA player and that's indicative of their talent level?
It doesn't really indicate anything. It's common sense that playing from the same tees, a PGA touring pro is going to beat an LPGA'er almost every single time. Annika didn't even make the cut when she played against the men. Doesn't mean the women are not talented.

As long as there aren't super long forced carries involved, my opinion is that an LPGA touring pro is going to beat guys who can't make it on tour more often than not, and once you get closer to a scratch male golfer, a whole lot more than that.

For someone to say the quality of play is so much worse on the LPGA than on the PGA is in my opinion laughable. They don't hit the ball as far, obviously, but that's about it. In my opinion.

I think JB told me yesterday that Paula Creamer played with Rickie Fowler at his home course of Medalist. According to him, she beat Rickie by 7 strokes.

I think the LPGA Tour is supremely talented compared to what it used to be. Some amazing players play there.
What outfit did she wear ;)

It doesn't really indicate anything. It's common sense that playing from the same tees, a PGA touring pro is going to beat an LPGA'er almost every single time. Annika didn't even make the cut when she played against the men. Doesn't mean the women are not talented.

As long as there aren't super long forced carries involved, my opinion is that an LPGA touring pro is going to beat guys who can't make it on tour more often than not, and once you get closer to a scratch male golfer, a whole lot more than that.

For someone to say the quality of play is so much worse on the LPGA than on the PGA is in my opinion laughable. They don't hit the ball as far, obviously, but that's about it. In my opinion.

I disagree. The top 30 female golfers are very good, but someone 80th on the LPGA money list is of much lower talent than the 80th ranked player on the PGA Tour money list. The PGA Tour talent is MUCH deeper. Women on tour don't have near the short games that men do.

A couple of stats that illustrate my point. There are about 170 guys on the PGA tour that average under 72(scoring average) and also about 170 that average less than 30 putts per round. On the LPGA Tour, there are only about 50 players that average under 72.0 and less than 30 putts. The PGA Tour courses have tougher greens, narrower fairways, tougher pin positions, and overall much higher slope and course ratings compared to the LPGA courses.

I would put money my 16 year old neighbor up against a middle of the pack(75th ranked) LPGA player on a 3 day tournament any day. Playing tees 500 yards longer, he would beat that LPGA player more than half the time(makes sense, since his scoring average is more than a stroke lower than hers, like many thousands of good high school players across the country).

I would put money my 16 year old neighbor up against a middle of the pack(75th ranked) LPGA player on a 3 day tournament any day. Playing tees 500 yards longer, he would beat that LPGA player more than half the time(makes sense, since his scoring average is more than a stroke lower than hers, like many thousands of good high school players across the country).

I happen to play with 2 middle of the pack LPGA players quite a bit. So did the rest of the THP outing last year. Comparing scoring average in high school golf to that of what one averages on the LPGA is laughable. We had a few people that thought the same way before the THP event, but after it they have a different opinion.

I happen to play with 2 middle of the pack LPGA players quite a bit. So did the rest of the THP outing last year. Comparing scoring average in high school golf to that of what one averages on the LPGA is laughable. We had a few people that thought the same way before the THP event, but after it they have a different opinion.

He is not your average high school golfer. He just shot 66 a couple weeks ago on a 6980 yard course with a 73.2 rating,132 slope rating - tougher than your average LPGA course. His scores that make up his +3 index are nearly all tournament scores on 6900+ yard courses(Spyglass as one example) set up more difficult than the average LPGA Tour course. I stand by what I said - he would beat a 75th ranked LPGA player more often than not.

I'm well aware of what it's like to play with an LPGA player. Over the years, I have played a half a dozen rounds with different LPGA players. I have played dozens of rounds with one of the female pros at our club who was an LPGA player for 6 or 7 years. After she retired, she got through qualifying and played in the US Open 7 years ago - she was certainly not the best player at our club that year.

Last edited:
like many thousands of good high school players across the country).

Wow, didn't realize many thousands of 16-18 yr olds could bust 70 all day long on a chapionship setup. How would they do on that Solheim course setup? I mean, that was set up for women, it should be easy, by your rationale, for a + handicap kid to tear up.

By the way, this article (http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-dige...n/2012/06/why-the-lpga-tour-needs-shorte.html) suggests that the men are playing 1,000 yards longer courses, so your bet will have to be amended by another 500 yards.
Given that, I'll take #75 on tour vs. a high school kid ANY day.

I watched this all weekend in between hanging out with the family and the birthday festivities. I loved it. Aside from some snippy stuff here and there, I love the atmosphere. People there cared about every hole and every putt. I think it's just natural for the participants to feed off that. Easily the most exciting exhibition of ladies golf I've watched.

I watched this all weekend in between hanging out with the family and the birthday festivities. I loved it. Aside from some snippy stuff here and there, I love the atmosphere. People there cared about every hole and every putt. I think it's just natural for the participants to feed off that. Easily the most exciting exhibition of ladies golf I've watched.

I'm not saying that we try the Wie/Korda "walk off" move at the Grandaddy. But, we should at least consider it.

I'll walk off with you any day of the week.

It would be epic.

I just don't want to hug it out like I had hoped the above-mentioned group would have.

What a course by the way. Holy crap does it look tough.

The greens looked impossible. There were so many times that we said, "oh, she stubbed that chip," and then the ball rolled 10 feet past.

The greens looked impossible. There were so many times that we said, "oh, she stubbed that chip," and then the ball rolled 10 feet past.

Pfft. High school boys across this country would dominate that track.
I kid I kid :D

Back