The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is walking all over the place, which is awesome.

...Until he faceplants in to the corner of the wall, busts his lip open and chips his tooth...
Just makes him tough.

Also, why are textbooks so damn expensive?

This is what I'm going through right now. Paying thousands of dollars in tuition isn't enough, gotta milk another $800 for books for 1 semester plus a parking pass (another $100). Good thing I spend money wisely and not on golf stuff. :angel:

This is what I'm going through right now. Paying thousands of dollars in tuition isn't enough, gotta milk another $800 for books for 1 semester plus a parking pass (another $100). Good thing I spend money wisely and not on golf stuff. :angel:

My apartment is a short walk to all of my classes luckily. Parking passes here are $175!

Richard has been cooking a roast in the oven tonight. It's about done. He turns the oven off, but all of a sudden, he can't open the door. Neither can I. What the deuce?

This is where the glass window on the oven door is of importance. "In case of emergency, break glass". I'd classify a delicious roast mockingly stuck in my oven as an emergency.

Tapatalk update. I hate change.

Been lying in bed over an hour and a half, can't sleep. Something from dinner is eff'ing with my stomach. Have to get up in four and a half hours. Can't wait for tomorrow...

Been lying in bed over an hour and a half, can't sleep. Something from dinner is eff'ing with my stomach. Have to get up in four and a half hours. Can't wait for tomorrow...

Same thing with me except I'm at work already

I am home getting ready to go to work and all I want to do is be back in ATL with my THP brothers and sisters. This sucks.

Its monday

My apartment is a short walk to all of my classes luckily. Parking passes here are $175!

My parking pass is about $175 - per month

Real life FTL. (Although, admittedly, this gets expensed)

My parking pass is about $175 - per month

Real life FTL. (Although, admittedly, this gets expensed)
ATL is dumb

EDIT: Just to clarify, I was referring to ATL the city not the golfer... but to be fair the golfer is a little dumb for living in the city.

ATL is dumb

I suspect that one will end up in a screen cap somewhere. :act-up:

The parking cost is ridiculous here. One benefit is that my office is near a lot of things, so I will park there on weekend as well.

I suspect that one will end up in a screen cap somewhere. :act-up:

The parking cost is ridiculous here. One benefit is that my office is near a lot of things, so I will park there on weekend as well.

That's cheap compared to the parking costs around here. One reason that I love riding my bike to work.

That's cheap compared to the parking costs around here. One reason that I love riding my bike to work.

Agreed. Atlanta is expensive until you are in a "real" big city. Then it seems pretty reasonable.

When I read about things like parking fees, I become very satisfied with my suburban life. I get annoyed when I have to pay $10 to park at a ball game.

Just read a really dumb post. And it wasn't even one of mine! A thread about a dented Nike driver is not the place to spout ignorance political views.

When I read about things like parking fees, I become very satisfied with my suburban life. I get annoyed when I have to pay $10 to park at a ball game.

We are fortunate that in the "big" cities here, these policies are not in place. Although we also lack any real form of public transportation so that is a weakness of course.

We are fortunate that in the "big" cities here, these policies are not in place. Although we also lack any real form of public transportation so that is a weakness of course.

Do we have any "big" cities in Fl?

And no I don't consider Miami part of FL.

Do we have any "big" cities in Fl?

And no I don't consider Miami part of FL.

Taking Miami out, which is larger than Atlanta (I think one spot higher in the "market") which deems them based on census size, Tampa is top 20. 18th last I saw right ahead of St. Louis.

That is if you look at the Metro areas, Tampa as a city is much smaller than that. The Metro area is pretty large.

That is if you look at the Metro areas, Tampa as a city is much smaller than that. The Metro area is pretty large.

True. But you would have to do that in every major market then and every one of them would shrink in size. If you go by sheer size (miles), Jax is the largest in this state by a huge margin.

True. But you would have to do that in every major market then and every one of them would shrink in size. If you go by sheer size (miles), Jax is the largest in this state by a huge margin.

I still don't think the Tampa area has a "big city" feel at all. The traffic sucks, but outside of that it just doesn't have that big city feel to me, at all. And the traffic is still NOTHING like other big cities.

And I would also be curious to compare physical size of the Tampa metro area vs the Jville metro area, Jville the city is the whole county, but is the metro area that much bigger than the actual city? I honestly have no clue, that is the region of FL I have spent the least amount of time in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back