Hirzl Golf Glove - Forum Testing Review Thread

My Hirzl Trust Control arrived this week and has been in play for 27 holes thus far. Initially, I was just impressed with the feel and build quality of the glove and after 27 holes I am just as impressed with the performance. Time will tell obviously but glad that I got this when I did.

I am also placing it into a baggy post round as was recommended for gloves in general earlier this year instead of just letting it air dry/hang on the bag.

More to come as I play in less than optimal conditions. So far, it has remained dry so have not gotten to test the tacky when wet selling point.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Still going... I basically just have a little rub in the palm but other than that it's holding up solid. The rains are pretty much over here so we'll see how they hold up in FL cold (or should I say room temperature).

Mines still going strong although im not sure i like the thicker feel of the glove. I prefur the feel of my footjoy glove but like the durability of these.

Purchased my first Hirzl after reading all the good that has been said here. I have three rounds with it and I have reaqlly enjoyed the feel of this glove. Don't even notice I am wearing it most of the time. Feels natural. Very good. Playing in Raleigh, Nc this week and it is been off and on rain since I got here. Played today and the glove was great. Very wet out here, but no club slip during the round.

Just ordered a new Hirzl Trust Feel replacement after 3.5 months of use (averaging 1-2 rds per week + range sessions in between).
I love this thing for its durability & moisture control.

I went to the PGA Superstore this weekend and they didn't carry it! Booooo!

That's too bad! I am stocking mine up. Well two. That should last the season. Got a control and a feel. Best glove I have worn!!!!

Tried it in Edwin Watts last week when hitting in the simulator...really liked it and going to buy one for practicing mainly to start out with so I don't wear out my FJ's on the range

Solid glove! Should last ya too!

My Hirzl Trust Control arrived this week and has been in play for 27 holes thus far. Initially, I was just impressed with the feel and build quality of the glove and after 27 holes I am just as impressed with the performance. Time will tell obviously but glad that I got this when I did.

I am also placing it into a baggy post round as was recommended for gloves in general earlier this year instead of just letting it air dry/hang on the bag.

More to come as I play in less than optimal conditions. So far, it has remained dry so have not gotten to test the tacky when wet selling point.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Quoting myself here. Glove is still going strong but I need to order another....not cause mine is wearing out but just for a backup in case I lose it or something.

My two current gloves are almost worn out and I'm thinking about trying these next. The baggy idea is great, I've never thought about that before but it makes a lot of sense.

I'm on vacation in Myrtle beach and found these at Martins. I heard about them before I became a member here. Since I golf one handed, grip is THE most important feature of a glove for me. I found and have been using the Bionic glove for some time now. To date, I have found it is the best there is for me. To date, I have found nothing works for me when it gets wet. (not even the so called "rain gloves") Over the years, I have opted not to play in the rain. Joining a few leagues the last year has caused me to try and find a solution...

Though it is not raining here today, it is cool.. (40s) I am going to take it out the wrapper, leave my Bionic glove in the bag and see how it feels..

Should be interesting!

Had the opportunity to use my Hirzl this past Sunday in rain for the first time. When it started raining my first thought was "crap, I don't have any rain gloves".

Well, being a push cart walker my glove got wet really quickly from pushing the cart which also had water on it, etc. Glad to say that not once did I have any sort of slippage issues. Hirzl actually advertises that the have 3x better grip in dry conditions and 5x better in wet conditions. Consider me impressed after a soggy day on the course!

Had the opportunity to use my Hirzl this past Sunday in rain for the first time. When it started raining my first thought was "crap, I don't have any rain gloves".

Well, being a push cart walker my glove got wet really quickly from pushing the cart which also had water on it, etc. Glad to say that not once did I have any sort of slippage issues. Hirzl actually advertises that the have 3x better grip in dry conditions and 5x better in wet conditions. Consider me impressed after a soggy day on the course!
I sweat like a fat guy (wonder why), and I had drenched my Hirzl about 3 holes into my Sunday morning round this weekend. I was concerned, until I remembered that I was wearing the only glove that could take it and still perform. Not once did I have an issue bigger than my own inability to concentrate!!

To say I'm a fan of this glove so far would be an understatement. SO good, SO durable...SO worth it too IMO.

Does any big box guys carry this in store?

And what's the difference in the 2. And which one is which. One looks like it has a more textures kangaroo skin palm and the other looks thinner and smoother.

I do not like the feel of thicker gloves. Which is thinnest?

The feel is the thinner of the two. Control is a smudge thicker. Both are very pleasing to me. All condition grip. The bay should have em. GolfTown has em. Sorry cant be more help check the website

Thank you testers for all your feedback on these gloves. Being in hot and humid FL, I am in constant search for a glove that lasts me more than a couple of rounds. I have ordered a couple of these (Trust Feel) and I'm hoping a lot of what has been said in this thread holds true. Thanks again fellas!

Quoting myself here for time purposes but I just got my first tear in the glove (palm section) so I had to ditch it. That lasted me 8 months when the average glove would last me 2 months. Keep in mind I sweat a lot, live in FL, and I wear the same glove for the course as I do for the range. If I can go from 6 gloves (maybe even more depending on the amount I play) a year to 2 then the higher price is worth it and might even save me money. Not to mention that there was little or no decline in performance since day 1. If it wasn't for the tear I would've just kept going with it.

Does any big box guys carry this in store?

And what's the difference in the 2. And which one is which. One looks like it has a more textures kangaroo skin palm and the other looks thinner and smoother.

I do not like the feel of thicker gloves. Which is thinnest?

Golfsmith carries them, but it looks like if you order online they ship from somewhere else. The new Golfsmith Xtreme store that just opened in Atlanta has them in stock. I think they are $29. I was much happier buying one when I could try it on and give it a feel. I have been very pleased with this glove so far.

Quoting myself here for time purposes but I just got my first tear in the glove (palm section) so I had to ditch it. That lasted me 8 months when the average glove would last me 2 months. Keep in mind I sweat a lot, live in FL, and I wear the same glove for the course as I do for the range. If I can go from 6 gloves (maybe even more depending on the amount I play) a year to 2 then the higher price is worth it and might even save me money. Not to mention that there was little or no decline in performance since day 1. If it wasn't for the tear I would've just kept going with it.
SPANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's alive!

Funny you brought this up. I was sweating pretty good yesterday and when pulling on the bottom edge to get it snugged up, it tore at the stitching under the thumb area. I guess the sweat and thin material weakened it. It's still perfectly functional, though, as it didn't go up into the actual grip/glove area. just kinda stinks.

I have used nothing in the past year except the Hirzl Control glove....I LOVE these gloves....they last 5 to 6 times longer than normal gloves, they feel great and they really hold up in the Texas heat and hummidity.

I HIGHLY recommend them!

I got to get one. Our Golfsmith does not carry them in store, online only. I think I want the feel and not control as I like thinner Cabrera leather gloves usually.

Well, I drove 3 hours to get one....sorta. Traveling for work this week and I looked on Hirzl's website this week and saw the only place in TN that sells them is a driving range in Maryville TN. I decided this week was a good week to travel to Knoxville for work. So boom, there I went. Sadly, no touch feel. Only the controls. But I'm looking forward to trying it out. I do want to get a feel though.

Well, I drove 3 hours to get one....sorta. Traveling for work this week and I looked on Hirzl's website this week and saw the only place in TN that sells them is a driving range in Maryville TN. I decided this week was a good week to travel to Knoxville for work. So boom, there I went. Sadly, no touch feel. Only the controls. But I'm looking forward to trying it out. I do want to get a feel though.

While I've never tried the feel, I've used the control for over a year now and don't think you'll be disappointed. I went from being basically anti-glove to wearing the hirzl pretty much all of the time on the course.

Back