NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malkin was named the NHL's star of the month for December. Well deserved.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Malkin was named the NHL's star of the month for December. Well deserved.

He's been playing great all year with Sid out. Really stepping up big time. He would be the face of the franchise for all but maybe 3 or 4 teams (Pens, Caps, Lightning, and Hawks?).

He's been playing great all year with Sid out. Really stepping up big time. He would be the face of the franchise for all but maybe 3 or 4 teams (Pens, Caps, Lightning, and Hawks?).

Definitely. He's been amazing. He's three behind in the scoring race but has missed a chunk of games.

Hope we get a good game this afternoon. Lots of sports on. I'll have to flip channels a lot. Hard for me to root for either team but I guess the Rangers are the lesser of two evils.

Hope we get a good game this afternoon. Lots of sports on. I'll have to flip channels a lot. Hard for me to root for either team but I guess the Rangers are the lesser of two evils.

I'm looking forward to today's game. I think it will be exciting with lots of passion. Good to watch.

Wonder what we'll see next season for the Winter Classic?

I think the best Winter Classic would be Montreal-Boston , Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames or Hawks or Minni LOL, Colorado vs Detriot Redwings and or Toronto vs the Sens

It seems like it'll most likely be hosted by Detroit - maybe at the Big House?

Really entertaining game so far.

Not so much liking the Winter Classic game right now. A terrible choice to put it in Philly. It's too warm and now this is just really sloppy hockey just like last year in Pittsburgh. I would prefer if they put it in colder locations (Montreal, Ottowa, Winnipeg, Minnesota, Detroit, Vancouver) like they did with Buffalo and Boston, where it worked really well.

Detriot gets it next year, then Washington then New York? It seems or something which i think it totally stupid when New York is in it now and Caps had it last year.

Detriot gets it next year, then Washington then New York? It seems or something which i think it totally stupid when New York is in it now and Caps had it last year.

Those are the good teams though. They want the good teams to be involved. NY, Washington, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh. Also, they want to put the bigger markets in it like Chicago and Detroit. I think putting it in Washington will be stupid. Not a very good climate for an outdoor game. That's really pushing it and I bet it's a really sloppy hockey game.

Not so much liking the Winter Classic game right now. A terrible choice to put it in Philly. It's too warm and now this is just really sloppy hockey just like last year in Pittsburgh. I would prefer if they put it in colder locations (Montreal, Ottowa, Winnipeg, Minnesota, Detroit, Vancouver) like they did with Buffalo and Boston, where it worked really well.

Really? I think it has been a well played game. Last year was just a complete fluke in Pittsburgh - it's going to be 18 tomorrow so it's typically very cold in January!

Really? I think it has been a well played game. Last year was just a complete fluke in Pittsburgh - it's going to be 18 tomorrow so it's typically very cold in January!

Last year was a good game, but it was sloppy and slushy. Guys were slipping everywhere because of thw warmth. I would just prefer they don't take chances. Many good colder markets in which to stage it. They haven't played one in Canada recently have they?

Last year was a good game, but it was sloppy and slushy. Guys were slipping everywhere because of thw warmth. I would just prefer they don't take chances. Many good colder markets in which to stage it. They haven't played one in Canada recently have they?

Yeah, it was an anomaly of a day. It was actually a record setting day in Pittsburgh.

I think one of the biggest objects of the Winter Classic is to buildup the American market. For that reason, I don't think you'll see any Canadian teams involved in the near future.

Wow!!! Henrik stuffs a penalty shot. What a game.

Yeah I guess aboot Canada. The one in Buffalo was awesome, especially when it snowed. And that was a helluva finish. I can't believe Briere tried to go five-hole on Lundquivst (sp?). He's one of the best in the league at getting down quickly. Bad decision by Briere could've cost them the game.

I agree and thats old school outdoor hockey. It can get above freezing and the ice reacts, its perfect outdoor hockey. As for the game in DC, its typically freaking cold here in January and it will be sold out. People do not know but DC is a hockey town, thats all we have is the Caps. Every other team blows and its frustrating to be a fan but I root for and love my HOME teams.

Heading to the arena tonight to watch the Stars/Red Wings tonight. Looking forward to it!

Heading to the arena tonight to watch the Stars/Red Wings tonight. Looking forward to it!

Should be a good game. Stars could sneak into the last few playoff spots this season.

Should be a good game. Stars could sneak into the last few playoff spots this season.

Young team! If Lehtonen gets hot at the right time, they could. Division is going to be close the whole way. They are probably still a couple years away esp. since they FINALLY have an owner that might spend some $$$$. The new divisions next year will also help in FA now.

Bad Guys win 5-4 last night. Had a great time and it was a good game. There was only 1 penalty called in the game and it happened in the 1st 15 seconds.

bd3dbc6b.jpg

Nice, i went too the Canucks games vs the Oilers we won 5-2 i believe it was great! Nothing better then a NHL game in my opinion. I'm going too try and head too Seattle next year for a NFL/MLB game combo with the Bluejays :)

On a second note, Your 100% correct the Winter Classic is too build up the American market but you have too go both ways at-least every 3rd year.

Nice, i went too the Canucks games vs the Oilers we won 5-2 i believe it was great! Nothing better then a NHL game in my opinion. I'm going too try and head too Seattle next year for a NFL/MLB game combo with the Bluejays :)

On a second note, Your 100% correct the Winter Classic is too build up the American market but you have too go both ways at-least every 3rd year.

you guys get the heritage classic every year its the same thing and you get 2 canadian teams every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back