Nike Releases Vapor X Golf Bag

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nike Golf is introducing its lightest golf bag ever, the Nike Vapor X. Weighing in at less than four pounds, the Nike Vapor X weighs one pound less than the average carry bag.

Possessing a sleek, sporty look, the Nike Vapor X was created by using minimal materials to provide a lightweight design. With Nike's new lightweight golf bag, golfers will experience more stamina and less fatigue during their round through the benefit of carrying less weight on their back.

Available at retail on November 1, 2011, the new Nike Vapor X golf bag features new, ergonomically designed strap system with therenowned Nike Max Air™ curved technology. This new strap system combined with several other innovative features promises to enhance the playing experience by elevating performance and maximizing functionality.

While compact in size, the Nike Vapor X offers six functional pockets that provide a generous amount of storage space. The seam-welded, no-stitch technology enhances water-resistancy for playing in the elements, and the waterproof fleece-lined valuables pocket provides a safe location for cell phone and other valuables during the round. The Stretch-fit pockets of the Nike Vapor X have been created with dynamic expandable technology, allowing for increased storage capacity.

A versatile bag that is designed for walking the course, the Nike Vapor X offers many functions, including a 5-way divider and putter-well configuration for 14 clubs. So the golfer can easily find items in their bag, the Nike Vapor X provides intuitive icons for the waterproof pocket, glove patch, GPS/rangefinder loop, pen-sleeve and insulated water-bottle sleeve.

Known for incorporating "Nike AIR" technology in its footwear products, Nike Golf is now applying this same technology to the shoulder straps of its golf bags. The Nike Vapor X features new Nike Max Air™ Curved carry straps, a dual-strap design designed through extensive consumer insights and developed with Nike AIR technology. By curving the air bag within the strap, Nike Golf designers have created a golf bag that more ergonomically fits the shoulders. The die-cut mesh back pad has a new, tighter pattern, allowing for ventilation. These two features combine to provide superior support and optimum comfort while walking 18 holes.

Offered in seven color-ways, the Vapor X complements many of the upcoming men and women's apparel and footwear lines for the 2012 season.

Availability: November 1, 2011 - Street Price: $179.00 / MSRP: $230.00

Colors: Gym Red/Swan-Action Red; Cool Grey/Action Green-Swan; Storm Blue/Electrolime-Neptune Blue; Black/University Red - Dark Drey; Safety Orange-Soar Neutral Grey; Granite/Electrolime-Smoke; Pink Flash/Deep Night-Swan.

8.5-inch oval top
5-way, 2 full-length divider system with putter well
Ultra-lightweight and durable, under 4 lbs.
Nike Max Air™ curved revolving double strap system
Ventilated die-cut air mesh back pad
6 functional pockets (5 zippered) - including waterproof fleece-liined valuables pocket, full-length Stretch-fit apparel and glove pockets and insulated water-bottle sleeve.
Stretch-fit pockets - expandable storage
Integrated GPS loop, pen sleeve and glove patch
Dual injected lightweight TPR bottom for traction
Custom grip leg end-caps
Lightweight aluminum hardware
Matching rain hood included
Logo cresting compatible / zip-off ball pocket

2048987.jpg

2048989.jpg

2048999.jpg

Man, I have no need for a stand bag, but that thing sounds awesome. Max Air shoulder straps? What a cool idea.

So the new slogan is 'its gotta be the bag' replacing 'gotta be the shoes'. Nice idea with the air straps and light weight. I'm digging the lime green stripe on the gray. Nice looking bags!

Another small detail that I like is the fleece lined waterproof pocket for valuables. I ran into a bag that had a waterproof pocket, but it was a plastic material on the inside and that caused it to sweat inside.

Not only are these cool in theory woth the light weight, but I really like the look of the black one. I'd like to feel this one against some other bags to see how much difference the weight makes.

Gotta go with Tadash...lime green and grey is cool.

sounds like a sweet bag, might have to give it a look when its time to replace my hoofer

the red and black looks sweet to me

I love the grey and green. One of these may just get on the Christmas list.

I'm not a stand bag guy anymore, but those look really nice. I really like the Grey one.

That is a nice looking bag. Just wish it had a 14 way divider.

This is nice! A lightweight stand bag is a must for me, and I'll be in the market for a new one soon. I'll be searching this one out to have a close look.

Nice looking bags, and love the options for places to put stuff. Light bag, heavy price though.

They look great and sound like they have a ton of technology built into them. As w.e. also mentioned, price is getting up there at close to $200 for a carry bag but I can kinda understand with the tech they brought.

Tappin' from my iPad!

good looking bags.....dig the middle one as it remionds me of the old school 80's Nike sneakers

I like the straps, if I was still carrying a bag, they'd help a lot.

I love the looks of the grey one. But I am not a stand bag person anymore!

I love the looks of the grey one. But I am not a stand bag person anymore!

I love me some cartbagsnow too. I could see getting one though if I dont end up with a push cart.

Looks good to me. Weighs under 4 lbs, that's awesome.
I like Nike bags. I have a Nike Element stand bag that works great when I use it. I'm since changed to a cart bag just because it fits on a push cart better.

I really like this bag, at least everything that is stated about it and the looks. Only concern is I had a Nike stand bag the first year they did the air straps and the bottom that's supposed to be like the sole of a shoe to prevent slipping. Hated it! I could never get my clubs out of the bag. I will have to give this a good look, my tmx stand bag is lacking in the pockets department. I noticed budget golf had pics of ea color. I really like the blue, orange/grey, and the pink girls bag is super dope. It'll be between this, the ogio shox, or sun mountain hybrid because of the range finder pocket. I love Nike though! From Jordan shoes to the compression shorts. Keep it up Nike!

These are sweet looking bags. I've often looked at Nike bags and been pretty impressed, these seem even better! I really like this one a lot!

2048989.jpg

Another small detail that I like is the fleece lined waterproof pocket for valuables. I ran into a bag that had a waterproof pocket, but it was a plastic material on the inside and that caused it to sweat inside.

Jeez, in all my golfing days, I've never come across a valuables pocket that wasn't fleece or fabric lined. What a horrible idea to line it with plastic.

There was a time when a bag like this would've gotten me all kinds of excited but I just don't want a stand bag anymore. Nike makes a good bag though. I use to have one.

I don't walk courses anymore, but those are pretty sweet bags, and if I did still walk would be doing some serious pondering right now.

I have to replace my Ogio stand bag (broken zipper and the carry straps separated from the body). I was thinking the Adidas AG Strike but this one sounds like a serious contender and the strap technology is definitely worth taking for a test drive.

Back