NEW Ping Eye 2 wedges @ Golfsmith!?

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
I was at my local Golfsmith today and was surpriused to see them selling brand new Ping Eye 2 wedges for sale. Has anyone else seen this? Very surprising that PIng would have kept a reserve of these for so many years or even more surprising that they might have reproduced them recently before the groove rule manufacturing restriction.

wow !not a new design? Crazy

I was at my local Golfsmith today and was surpriused to see them selling brand new Ping Eye 2 wedges for sale. Has anyone else seen this? Very surprising that PIng would have kept a reserve of these for so many years or even more surprising that they might have reproduced them recently before the groove rule manufacturing restriction.

Yup, but with conforming grooves.

That's really interesting. I was at my local Golfsmith a week or so ago and they did not. At least I didn't see them when I went through all the wedges. Did you ask them why they were there?

That's really interesting. I was at my local Golfsmith a week or so ago and they did not. At least I didn't see them when I went through all the wedges. Did you ask them why they were there?

I didn't talk to anyone about them. They only had a couple SW and a couple LW.

Wow I didn't know that they were re-releasing these! Thanks for the info guys.

These have been out for several months with conforming grooves. The groove rule was the reason for this re-issue.

I've seen them. They're ugly as sin, but I'm drawn to them for some reason.

This is an interesting find. I had the old Eye 2 wedges and loved the swing weight feel. These could be some scoring tools for sure!

I saw them in the Ping booth at the Swedish golf retailer fair this week. Was pretty surprised by the relaunch.

Guys, I dont mean to burst a bunch of bubbles here, but these have been out for a really long time now, I want to say at least 6 mos.

Guys, I dont mean to burst a bunch of bubbles here, but these have been out for a really long time now, I want to say at least 6 mos.

Yessir.

I played them until I got the Eidolon's. I loved them, but, alot of that was because they were some of the first clubs I ever got to hit. Sadly they sit in the extra bag now lol

I have used those wedges before and they are amazing and I would recommend them to anybody.

The re-issues are ok but don't offer nearly the spin of the originals.

The re-issues are ok but don't offer nearly the spin of the originals.

I actually got alot of spin with mine, could drop and stop pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok,... but the fact that we are just finding out is what is the emphasis of this thread.

Back