Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Absolutely. Especially for something that's considered more of a player's hybrid. Very playable. I haven't really had the chance to use mine recently due to reviews, but it's sitting there waiting. I still would like to reshaft it though.

what type of shaft would you try for it?

VTS! I'm hoping I love that shaft

Kuro Kage Black to match the LS. I've been window shopping for a long time, but you know how I roll.

I am kinda surprised there was not more of an offering for shafts for the hybrids. THere were a ton for the woods. Hope the VTS is the answer for me. I am hitting a j40 hybrid with a Motore shaft in it and I love it.

I've got the Project X 6.0 in my 3H and it's great, good distances from the rough and fairways and pretty forgiving if you ask me.

It is really going to hurt a bit when these hybrids come out of the bag. I have never loved a club so much as I do these hybrids.

It is really going to hurt a bit when these hybrids come out of the bag. I have never loved a club so much as I do these hybrids.
Right now my J40 4H and my R11 5 wood are my favorite clubs in the bag and I can't see them going anywhere for a while. The J40 Hybo is an amazing piece of equipment and is exactly what I've been looking for for such a long time.

Right now my J40 4H and my R11 5 wood are my favorite clubs in the bag and I can't see them going anywhere for a while. The J40 Hybo is an amazing piece of equipment and is exactly what I've been looking for for such a long time.

I don't know why but they just tend to work for me no matter what swing I brought to the course that day. I can count on these to go far and straight.

I don't know why but they just tend to work for me no matter what swing I brought to the course that day. I can count on these to go far and straight.
Exactly. The 4H has been working so well for me I'm considering getting a 2H for off the tee for those tight, must-hit fairways. Too bad they don't make a 1H.

Very anxious to start working with these. The universal praise already has me confident

I have 3H that I love but need something longer. Do you think the distance gain from a 2H isn't enough so it's better to go with a 4W? Or both perhaps...been pondering on this for a couple of months now :)

I have 3H that I love but need something longer. Do you think the distance gain from a 2H isn't enough so it's better to go with a 4W? Or both perhaps...been pondering on this for a couple of months now :)

I think it depends on how much longer you want to be and if you are willing to give up some accuracy to do it. Personally I like how straight I hit the hybrids and rarely pull out the 3 wood unless I have a fair bit of room for error.

Very anxious to start working with these. The universal praise already has me confident

I'm with you on this one Chunky, everyone seems to love them, plus add in the success I have seen with my J40 driver and it makes me 10x more anxious to try their other woods out!

I agree....really excited to put the 3W in my bag and get the hybrids dialed in...I am really hitting my hybrids well right now..and I have heard the J40's compared to the Cally hybrids quite a bit..so that has me excited and hoping that it will be a quick transition.

I think it depends on how much longer you want to be and if you are willing to give up some accuracy to do it. Personally I like how straight I hit the hybrids and rarely pull out the 3 wood unless I have a fair bit of room for error.

I'd like to have the option though. I'm wondering whether the distance increase from 3H to 2H isn't enough to warrant purchasing the 2H as well so 4W is probably a better option. I hit a good 3H shot around 196 yards, sometimes a little longer if I use all my might (try not to as it decreases accuracy) but having a 220-240 yd club would be helpful I think.

I'd like to have the option though. I'm wondering whether the distance increase from 3H to 2H isn't enough to warrant purchasing the 2H as well so 4W is probably a better option. I hit a good 3H shot around 196 yards, sometimes a little longer if I use all my might (try not to as it decreases accuracy) but having a 220-240 yd club would be helpful I think.

I would guess the 2h would get you 205-210 yards. For 220-240 you would need to hit the 4 wood or maybe even the 3+. I hit my 3h about 200 and would need the driver to reach 240.

Still loving the 4H. Generally get 190 or 200 if I step on it. This as become my go to off the tee on really short par 4s.

Still loving the 4H. Generally get 190 or 200 if I step on it. This as become my go to off the tee on really short par 4s.

it's the club that surprised me the most last year. Still in my bag and I absolutely love it.

it's the club that surprised me the most last year. Still in my bag and I absolutely love it.

Yep. First hybrid that hasn't been hook city for me. I was worried about the gap to my 5W, but it hasn't been too bad so far. Heck, I was tempted to go after a 2H on the bay the other day just to have it. I'm pretty satisfied with my 2 5Ws though! :alien:

Yep. First hybrid that hasn't been hook city for me. I was worried about the gap to my 5W, but it hasn't been too bad so far. Heck, I was tempted to go after a 2H on the bay the other day just to have it. I'm pretty satisfied with my 2 5Ws though! :alien:

I am really hoping that my new 2H will get me 210-220....can't wait for it to get here.

How far do you hit the 3H? Let me know how you go please, it would be great to know the distances you get from the 2H and 3H.

How far do you hit the 3H? Let me know how you go please, it would be great to know the distances you get from the 2H and 3H.

I hit the 4H 190-200 generally. Had the 3H but didn't see much of a distance gap so I got rid of it. I'd say I was getting ~210ish. If it helps, when I hit it well, I hit my 24˚ 4I right about 190. I hit the 24˚ 4H much more consistently though.

Back