runpuddrun

Back and Better than EVAR
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.8
I have been using the swinggyde for a couple of months now and I really like it. I don't know anything about this one though, except that it looks similar.

Looks the same but you never know. I have the original and love it

I think I'm going to get one and report back. I am thinking of building the ultimate training club... Tour Striker Pro 7i, Swingyde, and Pure Ball Striker. Could be interesting, but could also work very well and ingrain the right swing.

Somehow combine the Orange Whip and you'll be golden.

I had an instructor work with me using the swingyde last spring. Left there and went straight to golfsmith bought one. Really improved my lauch speed. I went and looked at the ebay page and the first thing I see is that it looks like the seller is in China. Do you think this is a knock off of the swingyde?
I was looking for a Swingyde today and found this on ebay, 1/4 the cost and looks exactly the same. What do you all think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31036196469...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3318wt_1163

I just got an OW last week, hmmmm..... Full on ponder mode, LOL

Please take a photo once you have this contraption going. You'll be legendary.

Has anyone else use the Swingyde? I've had one for a few years but haven't used it in ages.

I remember when I first got to single figures I used this along with he Short Game Bible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using Swingyde and it works great for correcting my timing and getting rid of the nasty snap hooks I've had some issues with. I have also increased my distance by learning the correct lag using this tool.

In the off-season I am using it indoors on a grip training club called Swing Setter Pro, great combo.

I've been using Swingyde and it works great for correcting my timing and getting rid of the nasty snap hooks I've had some issues with. I have also increased my distance by learning the correct lag using this tool.

In the off-season I am using it indoors on a grip training club called Swing Setter Pro, great combo.

Nice

I used to have it on a heavy weighted 8 iron with a grip trainer. Might be worth putting it on there again.

Will do so and provide some feedback.

I think I'm going to get one and report back. I am thinking of building the ultimate training club... Tour Striker Pro 7i, Swingyde, and Pure Ball Striker. Could be interesting, but could also work very well and ingrain the right swing.

I've been using that combination for about two months now and what a difference! I tend to over swing and my left arm breaks down at the top and the swinggyde helps a ton with that. Tour Striker makes me keep the lag and is just awesome.
I tried it with the Pure Ball striker and had to laugh at myself because I felt like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup.
I bought my Swinggyde off Amazon for about $25 bucks and was a little pissed at the cost so I may actually buy a 2nd from China just for revenge!

I bought one of the chinese knock offs on ebay and it seems just fine to me. I havent had it on my tour striker yet but need too.

I saw the one on eBay and realizing that it was a knockoff, decided to buy the original version. For that small amount of money, why not. The pic in the eBay one where it appears to be flexing and changing the angle of the device made me think it might not be as well made. I believe the one on Amazon is from Austrailia and the one on eBay is from Korea, so either way it is foreign made, not that it matters. All I want is something I can train with to achieve the proper wrist cock consistently.

Last edited:
This might be the best training aid I've ever used. It's pretty specific to an issue I've had for a long time though - basically a super hinge where I'm well past vertical on the back swing. I just dump power and it causes all kinds of other timing problems. Forces you to turn eventually, because the hinge is set and you're not going anywhere farther with the wrists. Good for making sure I'm releasing and also for club face angle at the top. Excellent little device. It's going to be part of every practice session going forward and hopefully I can get that to translate to the course.

Does anybody else use this? I am in love with it.

I think I am going to buy one dude. Been pondering one for months and I think it will help with #grandaddy prep

i have had one for a couple years now but hardly ever use it.

I got the cheapy knockoff from ebay a while back. The collar that fits on the shaft was so damn tight I couldnt' get it to work. Tried the real one - much better device and does what its supposed to do.

I don't clamp it on. Seems to stay put fine from the tension in the plastic, yet I can get it off quickly to use it on different clubs. I'm going to try to hit at least 50% of my balls with it in the hopes that it ingrains a habit for me at the top.

It's pretty amazing to me. Put it on and I start seeing great shot shape and ball flight. Even hit PW's last night without my normal scoop. I just get so far fast parallel that bad things happen.

I got the cheapy knockoff from ebay a while back. The collar that fits on the shaft was so damn tight I couldnt' get it to work. Tried the real one - much better device and does what its supposed to do.

I've not had that problem with the one you are talking about. It's a little tight, but I can get it on/off pretty quick.

I don't clamp it on. Seems to stay put fine from the tension in the plastic, yet I can get it off quickly to use it on different clubs. I'm going to try to hit at least 50% of my balls with it in the hopes that it ingrains a habit for me at the top.

It's pretty amazing to me. Put it on and I start seeing great shot shape and ball flight. Even hit PW's last night without my normal scoop. I just get so far fast parallel that bad things happen.

I picked mine up while I was taking lessons as I was having a hard time building wrist hinge early in my swing. It is an amazing little tool to get the club back in the right place and get your wrists working right. Once I started using it results were almost automatic. Really amazing for the simple thing it is.

Nice Ted. How has it tranlated for you on the course? If it's been good, how long did it take for it to sink in?

Right now, I'm trying to just hit a lot of balls with it on. Eventually I want to take normal swings and I can feel myself wanting to hinge and stop earlier. However, it does wear off.

Its been great. My coach at GolfTEC recommended it because I was not building enough hinge in the middle of the backswing. ie: the club should be at 90 degrees when your hands get to hip height. The second biggest thing I found working with that was to get a "long" left thumb. Extending it down the shaft made it easier to hinge my wrists while gripping the club.

Once I got the feel of doing it right it helped coming back down and holding hinge as well. I still use it on occasion at the range to check where I am but generally things have been really good. So good my biggest problem at the moment is letting off shots to hit to a distance.

Back