Tommy Gainey Moving to Callaway in 2012

saw some forum members on twitter having a back and forth with TwoGloves in reagrds to this. He seems pumped!

To be fair, by the end of last season, Gainey was playing a lot of Callaway stuff. Not a lot will change, other than him getting paid for it now.

Yeah, I think he's been with Adams since the Big Break. :)

He played some Adams stuff, Cleveland wedges, and a bunch of Callaway including Odyssey putter.

To be fair, by the end of last season, Gainey was playing a lot of Callaway stuff. Not a lot will change, other than him getting paid for it now.
I wasn't aware of that. Maybe that's what he meant in the tweet when he said "officially"?

This is cool to see him as an official staffer of one of the Morgan Cup sponsors. Go Callaway and Two Gloves.

Callaway ROCK. Good for Gainey cant wait to see what his bag setup is for next year

Good for 2gloves, he is definitely a popular player with the fans and this will be good for Callaway also.

Callaway golf is awesome, good for two gloves to go to the best OEM in golf.

Could be a good move. He was close in a good number of tournaments. He's definitely a guy that stands out too.

I could see him breaking through sometime in 2012..... It's good to see guys with the self taught "homemade swing" doing well on tour.

I could see him breaking through sometime in 2012..... It's good to see guys with the self taught "homemade swing" doing well on tour.

I don't see him doing any better than last year. With gaineys swing, the variables are too high.

He can get hot, but boy can he ever get cold. Consistent results are based on solid foundations IMO.

I don't see him doing any better than last year. With gaineys swing, the variables are too high.

He can get hot, but boy can he ever get cold. Consistent results are based on solid foundations IMO.

I agree, but can't help thinking of Jim Furyk every time this argument is brought up. He's done quite well.

I agree, but can't help thinking of Jim Furyk every time this argument is brought up. He's done quite well.

My thoughts exactly. Furyk has won many tournaments including the entire FedEx Cup in his career and yet his swing still looks incredibly messed up. Don't know how he doees it, but he does it as only furyk can.

Furyk has a funny transition. Gainey has a funny everything.

From the downswing onward, nothing is funny at all about furyks swing. Gainey has almost nothing conventional about his golf swing.

From the downswing onward, nothing is funny at all about furyks swing. Gainey has almost nothing conventional about his golf swing.

Completely agree. ONce he starts the downswing, Furyk has an outstanding swing. Gainey, IMO, does not have that.

There is only one thing that can describe Gainey's downswing "VIOLENT" he has to have the most aggressive move to the ball that I have ever seen....everytime I see him swing I wonder..."where did that one go" because you can never tell by his swing, but it works for him.

I'm switching, too.

Great point. I agree. I guess when I hear things like goofy swing or ugly swing, I instantly think of Furyk. You are right though, once he starts the down swing it is a very nice swing.

OP- I hope he does well, it would be cool to see him succeed. One, because he has an "interesting" swing. Two, because he was on the Big Break. Three, he wears two gloves! I like rooting for the "underdog".

I might start wearing 2 gloves! I do like him though. I like his story. Hopefully the switch will be good for him. I like Adams but he has to do what is best for him.

My buddys a lefty so I tried the whole 2 glove thing for 2 holes, and i actually really like it.. Its super comfy and great grip, I just wouldn't be caught doing it for realz

Back