2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Thanks Rhino. Ole Gray is already on the couch watching one of his favorite shows (GLEE) :act-up:. I guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear more trash from him.

Oh boy!!!! Well bring the boy a blanket and let him fall asleep. I am not going anywhere... when he wants to talk.. I'll be here!!! :)

Random question (and possible skim) for past outing attendees - how much money should I expect to spend outside of the nightly costs? I know golf is included but I'm just curious what type of experiences some of you may have had.

Just trying to plan the fiscal end of the trip.

Random question (and possible skim) for past outing attendees - how much money should I expect to spend outside of the nightly costs? I know golf is included but I'm just curious what type of experiences some of you may have had.

Just trying to plan the fiscal end of the trip.

I think that would all depend on what you were planning on doing when you're down there. Are you going out to eat every night, or stopping by a store and picking up a few groceries? Are you wanting to enjoy an adult beverage or 20 with some of your closest THP friends? Do you want to visit the outlet malls that are literally less than 5 miles from the resort? What do you like to do/what were you wanting to do down here, and let's go from there. I unfortunately spend way too much time in the Disney/Universal area than I'm proud of, so while I'm not an expert at it, I know enough to give you a starting place.

Oh no sir ree bob tail :nono: White Whino can not have a stacked team. He will think he is all studded up and stuff and buck up like a Bull in a cow pen.

This is NOT a visual I need in my head.

I think that would all depend on what you were planning on doing when you're down there. Are you going out to eat every night, or stopping by a store and picking up a few groceries? Are you wanting to enjoy an adult beverage or 20 with some of your closest THP friends? Do you want to visit the outlet malls that are literally less than 5 miles from the resort? What do you like to do/what were you wanting to do down here, and let's go from there. I unfortunately spend way too much time in the Disney/Universal area than I'm proud of, so while I'm not an expert at it, I know enough to give you a starting place.

A. I'd say I'm more likely to eat out. I can't cook, haha. Obviously, of course, we have an awesome THP dinner to cover one night.

B. Adult beverages could be a problem, haha. I tend to enjoy a few.

C. No need to visit the outlets. We have plenty up here.

So, basically, I want to play some bad golf, have a lot of drinks with some great people, and mix in a little bit of food. Thanks for any tips!

Steel, not sure what your financial situation is but you could always charge whatever drinks and food you eat to your room, (assuming this is like most hotels) thus lessening the need for a lot of cash. Especially if your plans are to stay within the resort for meals.

A. I'd say I'm more likely to eat out. I can't cook, haha. Obviously, of course, we have an awesome THP dinner to cover one night.

B. Adult beverages could be a problem, haha. I tend to enjoy a few.

C. No need to visit the outlets. We have plenty up here.

So, basically, I want to play some bad golf, have a lot of drinks with some great people, and mix in a little bit of food. Thanks for any tips!

You can buy your own alcohol and have it in your room instead of spending it at the bar, I think a lot of people will be doing that this year, so that will save you some money. And White Rhino is correct, you can charge all meals, drinks, etc..that you get at the resort right to your room.

Are people renting cars? How else are you getting back and forth to buy beer, food, go out to eat, etc? As great as the Villa idea is you still have to get to a store to buy food for said Villa. This is what Im struggling to figure out.

We will have some details upcoming about the other evening's festivities coming up soon. I know some are calling it a Villa Crawl, but it a little different from that. Food, drink, friends = fun!

Are people renting cars? How else are you getting back and forth to buy beer, food, go out to eat, etc? As great as the Villa idea is you still have to get to a store to buy food for said Villa. This is what Im struggling to figure out.

We have quite a few locals who will have a car, and others who are driving down rather than flying and they will have a car, and then there are some people who are flying in and renting a car so I think there should be enough transportation to go around if people needed it. There is a grocery store less than 5 minutes away (by car) where people can stock up on whatever they need.

Loaf of bread, jar of peanut butter, jar of jelly = Set for the weekend!

I am not renting a car, I don't see me driving much and it does not make sense to just have it sit at the resort. I was planning to stop by the market and "stock up a bit" when I arrive Wed night so I should not need to worry. Now since there is plenty of room in the THP Rangefinder I guess we could send JB and GG out on a beer run or two. hehehe ( I kid I kid)

We have quite a few locals who will have a car, and others who are driving down rather than flying and they will have a car, and then there are some people who are flying in and renting a car so I think there should be enough transportation to go around if people needed it. There is a grocery store less than 5 minutes away (by car) where people can stock up on whatever they need.

Loaf of bread, jar of peanut butter, jar of jelly = Set for the weekend!

I just need a big box of sugary cereal and milk for each morning and Im good. Oh and a bunch of Bud Light Lime for all you beer snobs lol

I will def have a cooler full of beer

I'll have my car there, Kmac. If you don't have a ride you could use mine or we could go on a beer run.

I just need a big box of sugary cereal and milk for each morning and Im good. Oh and a bunch of Bud Light Lime for all you beer snobs lol

Breakfast is included for you (only golfers) on Saturday and Sunday morning, so you are covered there too. ; )

I thought breakfast was covered with the reservation. ( damn GG is quick!! )

Wait why only Saturday and Sunday GG, and not with each day's reservation ( like golf) like it had been in years past.

Who are you talking about? :bananadance:

I will def have a cooler full of beer

This will be One-T's excuse for bad golf. HAHA

I will def have a cooler full of Bud Light Lime and Zima

Cool bro lol

I'll have my car there, Kmac. If you don't have a ride you could use mine or we could go on a beer run.

Nice dude, I might have to hit you up for a ride Thursday or Friday if I can

Breakfast is included for you (only golfers) on Saturday and Sunday morning, so you are covered there too. ; )

Oh ok I forgot about that. So just golfers though?

We will also have a car... And don't mind picking stuff up for others. We arrive Thursday afternoon.

I'll have my truck there, as well as many other folks that are local.

Unfortunately, yes, just like with PGA National, it's part of the golf package.

Ok makes sense. And extra days are not part of the golf package so those days if you eat breakfast its a charge?

Back