Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I'm able to fade the Mashie pretty easily. It would rather go straight (or left), but I can put a good fade on it no problem.

I have a question to all the old and new Mashie owners out there.

If you could change one thing about the Mashie, what would it be?

I wish the shaft was a standard .600" diameter instead of the .650" so that it would be easier to regrip.

I wish the shaft was a standard .600" diameter instead of the .650" so that it would be easier to regrip.

Totally with you there. I just regripped the M2 last night and its like wrestling a moose to get a new grip on.

I'm getting a round in today no matter what. And I'm shelving my driver for now. Mashies off the tee all day today!

Okay, so I have had a TM 09 Rescue, Cleveland Launcher DST hybrid, and now an Adams A7 hybrid. All 3h and have never been able to hit one of them worth a $&?! It's to the point where I was thinking of getting a 7 wood to fill the distance gap that I have, but I know that I would lose the versatility of the hybrid if I did that. So can someone that has hit the Mashie and the A7 (as it's the closest I've come so far to success) tell me how much more forgiving/ easy to launch/ longer the Mashie is in comparison? Heck maybe you'll even tell me that a M4 would go as long as the 3 hybrids I've been trying in the past. This would be my 200ish club.

Okay, so I have had a TM 09 Rescue, Cleveland Launcher DST hybrid, and now an Adams A7 hybrid. All 3h and have never been able to hit one of them worth a $&?! It's to the point where I was thinking of getting a 7 wood to fill the distance gap that I have, but I know that I would lose the versatility of the hybrid if I did that. So can someone that has hit the Mashie and the A7 (as it's the closest I've come so far to success) tell me how much more forgiving/ easy to launch/ longer the Mashie is in comparison? Heck maybe you'll even tell me that a M4 would go as long as the 3 hybrids I've been trying in the past. This would be my 200ish club.

It launches higher than the A7. The rails add more forgiveness for me out of the thicker grass than the A7. It also has the best hybrid shaft in the business (for me) compared to the A7 shaft that I found decent at best.

But in the end, no club will swing itself and its only as forgiving as the one swinging it.

I'm seriously pretty torn on adding an M5. Seriously.

Yeah JB, I know The whole swing thing has a lot to do with it. I just don't understand how I can pick a clean 3 wood off of the deck with ease (and the lies here in HI are tight with some really hard dirt), and I can hit even my 4 iron pretty consistently. However, a hybrid gives me fits!

Sorry. I know this thread isn't about my swing, it's about this Mashie that so many seem to love and adore. I'm just saying that with the way that I hit hybrids, if I can put a good strike on one of these consistently then I would come back to this thread and deem it a "wonder club" in my eyes!

Yeah JB, I know The whole swing thing has a lot to do with it. I just don't understand how I can pick a clean 3 wood off of the deck with ease (and the lies here in HI are tight with some really hard dirt), and I can hit even my 4 iron pretty consistently. However, a hybrid gives me fits!

Maybe that is the problem. A hybrid is an iron more than its a wood. You are too swing it like an iron more than a wood. If you are hitting a 3 wood well and not a hybrid, then it has to do with your swing more than than the club.

*sigh* You know, your good advice can sting the ego sometimes. But I'm still gonna pick up the M3 or M4 today. Can't help it... this is the last club out there that I really want! Okay, I take that back. M3 or 4 and a CG16 56* to replace the CG14. That's for another thread though!

200th page! HOLY COW!

Mashie love baby!

Sorry. I know this thread isn't about my swing, it's about this Mashie that so many seem to love and adore. I'm just saying that with the way that I hit hybrids, if I can put a good strike on one of these consistently then I would come back to this thread and deem it a "wonder club" in my eyes!

I wouldn't quite call it a "wonder club", but if I can hit it just about anyone should be able to hit it too.
Like you I've had "issues" hitting hybrids and have tried almost everything out there.
It looks a little "fugly", like a lot of people have said, but if you can get past that you're good to go.

it looks like the M1 will be making an appearance in my bag this season. I'm very interested to see how it works out. Thanks to an amazon gift card I was able to get one that only cost me 50 bucks out of pocket(purchased from TGW's amazon store). I figured its worth a shot. I demoed a m1 in a reg flex and hit g4l's xstiff flex. I liked the way I hit both of them so I'm really excited to see if this club works out for me. If it doesn't I'll still have the 4 wood ready to go.

I wouldn't quite call it a "wonder club", but if I can hit it just about anyone should be able to hit it too.
Like you I've had "issues" hitting hybrids and have tried almost everything out there.
It looks a little "fugly", like a lot of people have said, but if you can get past that you're good to go.

I guess I must be in the minority that I LOVE the retro-raw finish on them, makes me not afraid to used this sucker in any lie or situation as I'm not worried about beating the pee out of the poor thing and its paint job.

These two I have along with my 2.0's are the best things I've done for my game in a LONG time, I love the Mashie kool-aid.

it looks like the M1 will be making an appearance in my bag this season. I'm very interested to see how it works out. Thanks to an amazon gift card I was able to get one that only cost me 50 bucks out of pocket(purchased from TGW's amazon store). I figured its worth a shot. I demoed a m1 in a reg flex and hit g4l's xstiff flex. I liked the way I hit both of them so I'm really excited to see if this club works out for me. If it doesn't I'll still have the 4 wood ready to go.

Nice pick up ddec. The M1 is gaining more and more support.

I guess I must be in the minority that I LOVE the retro-raw finish on them, makes me not afraid to used this sucker in any lie or situation as I'm not worried about beating the pee out of the poor thing and its paint job.

These two I have along with my 2.0's are the best things I've done for my game in a LONG time, I love the Mashie kool-aid.

You're not in the minority Jman, I love the retro look and finish.

I agree with you. I love the Mashie looks and feel. The Mashie 4 is my favorite club. I traded my burner 4 rescue for it and it is one of my best buys for right now. My other best buy is my Mashie 2 and it is coming around nicely.

I agree with you. I love the Mashie looks and feel. The Mashie 4 is my favorite club. I traded my burner 4 rescue for it and it is one of my best buys for right now. My other best buy is my Mashie 2 and it is coming around nicely.

I know what you mean about the M2 rb. Mine too is getting more and more dialed in and WOW the results are amazing. I know its been said before mut I really think the forced smoothness I've found are required for me and my mashies have really helped my iron game out a ton as well.

is the Adams on notice now?

is the Adams on notice now?

Not yet, that round with you gave the adams immunity until atleast the outing. The M1 is going to be a fun experiment. I'm looking forward to our fairway shootout at the demo day, I can't wait to see how this stacks up to them.

unless you fall in love with it before then...the Mashie works in mysterious ways
Not yet, that round with you gave the adams immunity until atleast the outing. The M1 is going to be a fun experiment. I'm looking forward to our fairway shootout at the demo day, I can't wait to see how this stacks up to them.

unless you fall in love with it before then...the Mashie works in mysterious ways

that's true, it is very hard to resit Mashie love

Are you replacing your 7 wood with the M3 or will you play both?

Well I have only hit the M3 four times so far, two off tee and two off ground( last tee shot was off ground on par three). The yardages I got out of these shots are about the same as my 7w, I hit it about 200-210 and my 5w about 215-225. My thinking is that I might be able to replace both of these with the M3 if I can ramp up and get 10-15 extra yards out of it and still hit it strait. I hit it about 215 off the tee and about 190 off the ground against a fairly stiff wind. With more time I feel confident that I can range somewhere between 190-225 with it. I have a tendency to hit fade/ slices with my 3w&5w but the Mashie seems to be a slice stopper, this should help with better yardage. If this is the case then I am already considering a M1 in place of my 3w which I hit between 230-240. As you can see I not a big hitter, my average drives are 260-270 as I don't get much roll out, I hit the ball to high.
I am in the market for a new set off Irons to replace my Callaway bertha 08 irons. The question now is which ones and with what blade should I start with? If the M4 or M5 is better to hit than 4i&5i should I start with a 6i and carry 3 or 4 Mashie hybrids. Gap issues may answer that ? for me, I hit my 6i about 170-175 yds.Im open for suggestions from any of ya'll here, any advice would be greatly appreciated. One last question what gaps are ya'll seeing from one Mashie to the other, 1 thru 5. Thanks in advance

I absolutely love the look of the mashie! I just love looking down at it.

Back