Just a thought here bridges but what are the standard lie angles of the R9's compared to the 2.0's? I could look myself but I'm lazy and I want you to, ha!

Lie angle doesnt tell you where you hit the ball on the face, it tells you which part of the sole is hitting the ground first and harder.

But hitting it on the heel would explain the extra length in the shafts. Because the club is longer, it now means youre too close to the ball. So back off a bit

You could be so close, that youre hoselling it.

I tried. Had the ball out on the toe area at address and somehow managed to hit on the heel. Im sure I have nasty swing flaw.

Could you tell by divot direction about lie angle?

Just a thought here bridges but what are the standard lie angles of the R9's compared to the 2.0's? I could look myself but I'm lazy and I want you to, ha!

Hang on, let me look ahole lol

I know there the exact same length, shaft wise.

edit: Whoops, I lied. 3-6 on the 2.0's are just barley longer, 7-9 are the same.

No, lie angle can be determined by which part of the divot is deepest. I will shoot a video trying to explain what I mean from what you tell me, and how to fix it.
I tried. Had the ball out on the toe area at address and somehow managed to hit on the heel. Im sure I have nasty swing flaw.

Could you tell by divot direction about lie angle?

I helped yoccos with something similar, hopeully he can chime in soon.

No, lie angle can be determined by which part of the divot is deepest. I will shoot a video trying to explain what I mean from what you tell me, and how to fix it.

I helped yoccos with something similar, hopeully he can chime in soon.

I understand what your saying.

TC, There the exact same lie angles.

If you are consistantly hiting near the heel of the club then your irons are too upright and need to be flatter. You will bring your hitting area closer to the sweet spot. This will not create a slice and more than, but it will get you hitting more solid shots. Have you been shanking the ball more than usual?
This is question/swing tip.

Talking about irons And wedges.

When a lie is adjusted 2* flat it helps the player hit less off the heel. But would this cause more of a fade/slice?

I have been hitting on the heel part of both iron and wedges and I can't seem to stop. I even back away from the ball some and still hit the inside part. I'm just afraid if they were to be adjusted to flat then It would cause more or a big fade and slice. I tend to add my baseball swing into my swing every now and then causing a fade which doesn't help. Do I have that right, or have the wrong idea about bending flat causing a fade?

Also how could I fix this without having them bent, any drills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you having this issue with the R9's?
Negative ghost rider.
If you are consistantly hiting near the heel of the club then your irons are too upright and need to be flatter. You will bring your hitting area closer to the sweet spot. This will not create a slice and more than, but it will get you hitting more solid shots. Have you been sh**** the ball more than usual?
(had to edit that word, because some on here hate it haha)

Yes! And its pissing me off. Even with a dang PW.

He isn't wrong, he is dead on...one way you can fix it is to get your hands higher at address and stand a little taller with out taking too much flex out of your legs. This will promote a more upright swing plane and thus making your clubs fit. But this will take some practice to get used to..

I guess my swing is like yours. I too have a lot of contact towards the heel of the club.
Based on what I was told during my swing analysis/lesson the other week, choking down on the club will flatten the lie somewhat.

The instructor used a lie board and impact tape to show me.
Along with trying to get my swing more on plane and the use of his clubs which were 2* flat, the impact moved more towards the center of the club face.
So, for the time being I'm gripping 1-1/2 to 2" down on my 09 Burner irons and found a reason to look for some new irons.

My instructor and I could be wrong, but it seems to be "working". . .

Getthose clubs adjusted!!! And you will play better golf..I promise! I just spent a few hours the other day making sure all of my clubs were the correct loft and lye angle. It took about 2 hours but it was well worth it. All of wedges were new and need to be adjusted to a flat lie. Being 5'9" with low hands requires a flat lye...hope this helps

Negative ghost rider.

(had to edit that word, because some on here hate it haha)
Yes! And its pissing me off. Even with a dang PW.

I have a video coming, 1 sec. I sound like a damn fool though.

haha, you can just pm me it if you want.

I think my lie angle might be to flat causing the toe to hit first and opening the face?

Here you go buddy. This is what I gather from your info. It also could very well be from your toe hitting first, but it would cause heel hits necessarily unless you were hitting behind the ball, it would just call right-ness.

[video=youtube;jbS_ai-D3N4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbS_ai-D3N4[/video]

***I am not a golf pro, just a student of the game.

GREAT STUFF! Will try that out for sure, and I think the farther I moved back just made me reach farther causing even more problems.

Thanks man! Oh and nice video title haha

Great video junior, that was a cool thing for you to do. It may be exactly what bridges needed.

Hope it helps. And if you ever seem to be backing off and hitting everything outside, reverse the drill. Just don't overdo it.

From the iPhone.

That's a fine Canadianese accent right there! Nice thing to do for young Bridges there, Thainer.

GREAT STUFF! Will try that out for sure, and I think the farther I moved back just made me reach farther causing even more problems.

Thanks man! Oh and nice video title haha

great vid thainer... i will try that trick next time at the range too! thanks for taking the time to record, transfer, post.

That's a fine Canadianese accent right there! Nice thing to do for young Bridges there, Thainer.

I think he drank a little jack to manly and deepin up the voice before he filmed it

Hope it helps. And if you ever seem to be backing off and hitting everything outside, reverse the drill. Just don't overdo it.

From the iPhone.

I will try it out tomorrow for sure, I hope it helps. If it does, then I owe you something.

The point of a proper lie angle is for the entire clubface to feel the same resistance from the turf interaction. If your divots are heel deep, your clubs are too upright, and the toe will keel over(causing the face to close rapidly) and the ball will have a tendency to go left. If the divots are toe deep, it means the clubs are too flat, and the the heel will throw over causing the face to open and go right.

Heres what I can gather from your information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbS_ai-D3N4

great vid! and great drill

Nice vid Thainer. Great post.

I'd definitely get your swing looked at before you convince yourself that your equipment isn't right. Especially as your last irons were the same angles, yet you didn't have this problem. Good luck!

Just a thought but one thing I found that was swing related with regard to the club head coming through too close to if not on the hosel is not turning your hips completely through both backswing and downswing. So at least for me if I do not make a full hip turn, as my club head is at the point of impact, I have not brought the club face back to where it needs to be because I have not fully turned my hips. May not be an issue for you but it might be worth checking out.

Bridges,

I'm a little late to this thread but man did that drill ever help me out. I was throttling shots the first session I tried that drill. It's an adjustment at first and believe me you still have to put lots of time in. But as Thainer said I did that exclusively for the first range session. I talked to Thain and he explained definitely don't want to overdue it either so next time I limited myself somewhat to 10-15 balls to get in a groove for the rest of my practice.

I still hit sometimes towards the toe but a lot of the time (I'm guessing 80%or better) its around the center of the clubface. It really just puts you in a position to hit towards right field (right handers). You also can't get too arms involved so it helps to open up that part as well. Well it did for me!

The best part is, if you're struggling on the course you can make adjustments right there. Just line up two tees instead of balls. And you can reverse the drill if youre having the opposite problem. If you're too close to the ball, you can't do this drill right lol.

It's funny because I just pm'd Thain the other day about this exact same thing and reading this thread makes me realize it's probably just me getting away from the correct swing. No doubt my clubs could probably be adjusted but I don't think itll help where you put the ball on the clubface.

Sorry for the long post but I was out most of the night yesterday and it was really hard to post. Plus it worked wonders for me. I probably have the best swing coach in Canada. Sean Foley beware buddy!

Thanks for the Post yoccos! Glad it worked for you. Will be trying it out hopefully today.

No prob buddy. I would've been all over it yesterday but not enough time to get all my thoughts down. Hopefully it works out for ya.

Thanks for the Post yoccos! Glad it worked for you. Will be trying it out hopefully today.

Back