Travel Bag Rental?

long&straight

Blind Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone know where to rent a travel bag. I do not travel to play golf that much but I will be heading to Santa Barbara for a business trip. Rental clubs are $50 at the course I will be playing or I can check them on for free on frontier. Figured I could rent a bag for cheaper than $50. Suggestions?

Anyone know where to rent a travel bag. I do not travel to play golf that much but I will be heading to Santa Barbara for a business trip. Rental clubs are $50 at the course I will be playing or I can check them on for free on frontier. Figured I could rent a bag for cheaper than $50. Suggestions?

Maybe a golf store near you would rent or let you borrow one.

You have a pretty sweet set on your signature. If you are using those clubs, why risk damaging them with some cheapo rental? Just buy a good bag to protect your club investment and have peace of mind.

You can actually find travel bags for relatively cheap at places such as Sports Authority or Dicks Sporting goods. MaxFli and Slazenger both make decent ones, for less than $75.00.

I would just buy a bag, you'll have it forever if you do want to travel again, if not sell it when you get home, if the airline hasn't ruined it already...

Why not shipping them via FedEx. then you dont pay the fee for the plane ride and they will be there when you arrive. Just take them down to FedEx and the y will pack and ship.

Why not shipping them via FedEx. then you dont pay the fee for the plane ride and they will be there when you arrive. Just take them down to FedEx and the y will pack and ship.

That's true I forget about their commercials, anyone know what that costs?

Excellent idea Tadashi! Completely forgot about using FedEx. This would be the least expensive option, as you dont have to purchase a bag or pay the baggage fee. Plus, you dont have to worry about an airline mixup.

This is a great suggestion. I was in recently inquiring about shipping mine to GA so I could ride the bike up, cost aorund $40 to ship there, som $80 total, granted I live in the most expensive place in the US to ship FedEx.

I'd pass on the cheap travel bags though, I bought one last year and got one use out of it before it was demolished. Purchased a samasonite bag (prior to GG's TMaG review) a few months ago that I've used twice and lent to a friend, looks brand new still, and it was only a $20 more dollars.

Thanks for the tips! I will run to the store to see if there is a sale at all or just pony up and buy a nice one.

I found an Ogio for $70 (1/2 price sale), works great well built and folds up to fit into rental cars, search the internet and see if you can find a deal on one. I think it was Bagboy that most rave about but they cost a little more but I'm sure you get what you pay for when it comes to travel bags. I have seen some other brands that are well built and some that are not, what ever you get make sure it has good wheels and a nice handle to pull it around with.

As far as shipping via FedEx etc. I found it cheaper to pay the airline fees and avoid the trouble of having them delivered to total strangers who may or may not care for them while you are in transit, the logistics of shipping them separate just looked like too much hassle for me.

I bought the OGIO monster travel bag for $199 and have used it a few times. I love it! I go to Mexico once or twice a year and play a few rounds so the investment payed off the first trip. If you are going to do golf trips here and there, I agree that you should just get a bag. Also, I like playing with my clubs rather than rentals..

My wife found the TM Staff bag travel case online for $179.00 bucks. It has a bunch of straps and padding and could probably hold a bag smaller than a staff bag easily. It appears to be sold out from the site she ordered from, but there have to more out there. You could put your whole family in this thing. It's incredible.

Kevin

I too have an Ogio one bought from Amazon UK for £70 ($115 roughly) and it has survived 2 long haul trips including connections pretty much unscathed and I feel it will last a long time.

Found out that my travel bag is at our house in FL so I wont be able to use it for my ATL trip. I dont want to spend a ton because I probably wont use it much. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30077455/tour-trek-gts-2-travel-cover

I have the Tour Trek push cart and it is good quality and I like it, so the brand doesnt scare me. It's been a long time since I have bought one of these so any tips or suggestions would be helpful also.

Found out that my travel bag is at our house in FL so I wont be able to use it for my ATL trip. I dont want to spend a ton because I probably wont use it much. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30077455/tour-trek-gts-2-travel-cover

I have the Tour Trek push cart and it is good quality and I like it, so the brand doesnt scare me. It's been a long time since I have bought one of these so any tips or suggestions would be helpful also.

This thread is older and the OP is about a rental bag. I would look in this thread instead: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Covers-The-Definitive-Thread&highlight=travel

Try a Craigslist search. I found a new bag this way for very little money.

Back