Badmeat

Reaction score
Handicap
I did a search of titles, and didn't really find a review on this ball. So I thought I would give mine, as well as allow others that have played this ball to do so.

This year is the first year that I have played more than 3-4 rounds (already played 7 rounds), as I am recovering from knee surgery in February. I usually shoot in the 90's and sometimes the 80's, so I'm not a scratch golfer by any means.

I decided on purchasing the One Tour D's after I got to the point of losing less than a sleeve of balls per round. I also did some reading on some other forums about them and visited http://www.golfballs.com/ to see what their spin, flight, feel, and distance characteristics were. My swing is 110+ and I needed a harder ball than I was playing, that wouldn't 'smash' upon impact with the face of my driver. I was also looking for a ball with less spin off of my driver and more distance. I was previously playing the Nike Mojo and PD Soft balls, but found that there was a lack of distance on what my drives were when using Top Flite's in the past. I was only carrying 235-250, where I had carried 250 easily with the Top Flight XL balls.

The One Tour D's gave me the extra distance I was looking for (they're rated fro 95+ swing speeds) and less spin off of the driver (less amplifying my fade), which was exactly what I was looking for. The durability on this ball is also much better than the Mojo's. I have played the same ball for the past 45 holes and although it is a little scuffed up from my irons, I will continue to play it until it goes for a swim or smacks a cart path and is toast. It has not cut or suffered performance loss due to the normal wear associated with playing a ball for 2.5 rounds.
The feel around the greens is good as well. When hitting a full short iron or wedge, the ball holds the green and usually backs up 4-8 feet. I have compared it on the practice green when chipping with a couple Pro V1's that I have in my bag. It doesn't spin as much as the Pro V, but I would say maybe 20-30% less in my experience. I actually prefer it, probably due to me playing this ball, and the way it checks up and rolls smoothly. The Pro v1 seems to check up and completely stop within 2-3 feet when chipping 20-25 feet. The One Tour D just plays how I like my greenside chips to play. The feel of the putter is very good as well.

In closing, I would reccommend this ball to anyone who has a quick swing speed that is looking for more distance off the tee with less spin, while also wanted a good feel around the green and ability to put spin on the ball. Until you start losing < a sleeve per round, stick to a cheaper ball unless price isn't an issue.

Price - $30/dozen

On a scale of 1-5:
Durablity - 5
Distance - 5
Spin - 4 (Pro V1 being a 5)

Feel - Medium

Needless to say I'm a raving fan of these (see avatar)

Note: I haven't played a ton of 'premium' balls, but here's a quick list of what I have played:
Assorted Top Flites, Nike Mojo(main ball before One Tour), Nike PD Soft, Nike SFT, Maxfli Noodle, Maxlfli Rev Solid, Maxfli Rev EXT Distance, Titleist NXT Tour, Titleist ProV1, Slazenger Raw Distance

EDIT: Pics of ball after 54 holes of play on page 2

Last edited:
Great review! I just picked up a dozen Srixon Z-Stars so it will be a couple weeks before I need to try a new ball but I may give this one a try.

great writeup, Ive played the Nike Tour and liked them, never played the Tour D

This is my #2 ball I would use. Works great for me. I am fortunate to get premium balls free through my job, but due to the lower cost of the Tour D, if I had to buy balls, this would be the one.

This is my #2 ball I would use. Works great for me. I am fortunate to get premium balls free through my job, but due to the lower cost of the Tour D, if I had to buy balls, this would be the one.

nice job, feel free to send some my way!!

with a 110+ mph SS you should be hitting closer to 270-285 no?

Thanks for taking the time to write up a nice review.

with a 110+ mph SS you should be hitting closer to 270-285 no?

I was only carrying 235-250, where I had carried 250 easily with the Top Flight XL balls.

You are correct. I typically drive the ball 270+. I carry it 250-ish....I know this b/c we have had 30+ inches of rain so far in 2011 in Cincy. Nothing is rolling on the fairways. My drives end up 1-2 feet behind the divot mark in the fairway so it's easy to see how far the ball carries.

The Tour D carries 260-270, so I'm anxious to see how far my drives will go when they get a roll in the fairway

I can never hit Nike, for some reason I don't know why really but I have just never hit one that I liked, whether it is a tour D or the old Platinums or what they all just go nowhere for me.

You are correct. I typically drive the ball 270+. I carry it 250-ish....I know this b/c we have had 30+ inches of rain so far in 2011 in Cincy. Nothing is rolling on the fairways. My drives end up 1-2 feet behind the divot mark in the fairway so it's easy to see how far the ball carries.

110 ss should get you a 275-280 carry without too much trouble.

The Tour D carries 260-270, so I'm anxious to see how far my drives will go when they get a roll in the fairway

I can vouch for the rain and the no roll.

Ive never lost so many balls due to plugging. Heck Ive even had some drivers where my ball is sitting a few inches from the crater int he fairway I just created

110 ss should get you a 275-280 carry without too much trouble.
IDK, I'm not using a range finder or anything, just eye-balling the markers and assuming (conservatively)

I did just download Skydroid on my phone, so I'll use the GPS shot tracker on that to get a better reading on it.

I can vouch for the rain and the no roll.

Ive never lost so many balls due to plugging. Heck Ive even had some drivers where my ball is sitting a few inches from the crater int he fairway I just created
Ditto. I'm ready for some dry fairways!!!

I have used both the Tour and Tour D, I like both balls and keep them in the bag alongside the Bridgestone B330RX.

I always assumed the One Tour is similar to the Pro V and the One Tour D is similar to the Pro V1x. Is this correct?

I play the one tour a lot and its a great ball, but I still think the prov1 is better. I can just get the one tour much cheaper

Yep that's right. I like the ball a lot very low spin but I think overpriced. I've been playing it last few rounds again no real complaints distance good not great around greens good not great. Its just a solid ball but not exceptional in any area.

I'm really getting into the MG c4 tour ball find its longer off tee and softer around greens. I'll keep testing but so far really have liked it. sorry not jacking thread

Wow! I'd retire that one and put it in a case. Doesn't look too beat for that many holes. Your grooves must be conforming. My One Tours look like I raked em' against a cheese grater after 36 holes.

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

Wow! I'd retire that one and put it in a case. Doesn't look too beat for that many holes. Your grooves must be conforming. My One Tours look like I raked em' against a cheese grater after 36 holes.

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.
Well my 10-20 year old irons don't have the most crisp grooves lol..... some used 845's I picked up on the cheap.

Sort of off-topic but.... is the One tour is similar to the Pro V1 and and One Tour D is similar to the Pro V1x, is the One-Black similar to Pro V1 and One-Platinum similar to the Pro V1x or the other way around?

Sort of off-topic but.... is the One tour is similar to the Pro V1 and and One Tour D is similar to the Pro V1x, is the One-Black similar to Pro V1 and One-Platinum similar to the Pro V1x or the other way around?
^^^that

I meant
if the One tour is similar to the Pro V1 and and One Tour D is similar to the Pro V1x, is the One-Black similar to Pro V1 and One-Platinum similar to the Pro V1x or the other way around?

Back