Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys!!

you're gonna want the .35 tip dude for the shaft that i have.

I just ordered both of them...hell I figure if I dont use one I can help out a fellow THPer one day

I'm looking to replace my 5 year old cart bag.
Not sure if I should get another cart bag since I don't walk anymore due to bad knees, or go with a staff bag.
I'd love to have a staff bag, but the wife and I go on golf trips at least twice a year and I think the staff bag might cause airline troubles or costs.
The cost of a staff bag could be prohibitve unless I found a great deal.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

At this point Im looking to optimize launch conditions to best suit my bad swing. Hitting the Octane at a 18* launch angle aint gonna hunt. This Indian doesnt have a problem getting the arrow high, I need it to go farther. I seek better distance and forgiveness if I can through the right shaft / launch conditions.

D3 with an Ahina perhaps?

D3 with an Ahina perhaps?

You believe the D3 will ADD forgiveness? Hmmmm. I wish I saw the same results as that. I found the D3 pretty unforgiving in comparison to what is out there right now.

I'm looking to replace my 5 year old cart bag.
Not sure if I should get another cart bag since I don't walk anymore due to bad knees, or go with a staff bag.
I'd love to have a staff bag, but the wife and I go on golf trips at least twice a year and I think the staff bag might cause airline troubles or costs.
The cost of a staff bag could be prohibitve unless I found a great deal.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I really like my OGIO synchro bag!! I'd suggest checking it out. www.ogio.com

You believe the D3 will ADD forgiveness? Hmmmm. I wish I saw the same results as that. I found the D3 pretty unforgiving in comparison to what is out there right now.

Honestly didn't see the forgiveness part. Just saw that he wanted to bring his launch conditions down. That being said I didn't find the D3 to be unforgiving. D2 was definitely more forgiving though. Alright how about D2 with the Ahina.

Looking at an Si2 or 1. Lol. I forgot which one I was rolling (more a blade) and It felt insane. I went into golfsmith thinking I would walk away with a cleveland classic but the feel off this putter was amazing. The insert was the best feeling Ive rolled.

I like scottys but Im not sure I can spend the cash. The SeeMore felt better to me and rolled better. Only putter I liked almost as much was the Method.

Thr Black Classic from Cleveland was nice too.

If I press forward, should I be looking at a different type of putter shaft or type of bend at the hosel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pondering a Diablo Octane Tour 3w vs. a Mashie 15* hybrid

Mashie 20.5* is a given I think

Honestly didn't see the forgiveness part. Just saw that he wanted to bring his launch conditions down. That being said I didn't find the D3 to be unforgiving. D2 was definitely more forgiving though. Alright how about D2 with the Ahina.

Were you able to demo this club on a range or just indoors? And were you able to put it head to head against other drivers?

I've owned cart bags and I've owned staff bags. I love a great looking staff bag but they seem best suited for storing extra clubs in at home in a extra bedroom. With all the bells and whistles they put on stand bags now days I'm glad I down sized to one. So much easier to pack the car when going on a trip.

Si2 I believe

Looking at an Si2 or 1. Lol. I forgot which one I was rolling (more a blade) and It felt insane. I went into golfsmith thinking I would walk away with a cleveland classic but the feel off this putter was amazing. The insert was the best feeling Ive rolled.

I like scottys but Im not sure I can spend the cash. The SeeMore felt better to me and rolled better. Only putter I liked almost as much was the Method.

Thr Black Classic from Cleveland was nice too.

If I press forward, should I be looking at a different type of putter shaft or type of bend at the hosel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you able to demo this club on a range or just indoors? And were you able to put it head to head against other drivers?

Yeah I was finally able to hit outdoors. Was hitting my driver pretty good(FT-IZ which IMO is pretty forgiving), and also had a ST to hit. I found the D2 to be the more forgiving for me of them all. I just visually loved the set up of the ball and had a ton of confidence swinging it. Honestly I didn't notice all that much difference between the D2 and D3. But the D2 gave me better numbers(actually reduced my spin over the D3 which was quite weird.) It was basically a toss up between the Ahina and the Kai'li(made fors). Liked them both but liked the feel of the Ahina a little better.

Edit: Impressions of the Dromos yet?

Edit: Impressions of the Dromos yet?

Its still in my bag and is staying there for now. I will update that in the appropriate thread.

I have to say I am almost COMPLETELY shocked you find the 910 anywhere NEAR as forgiving as either of the SuperTri or FT-iZ. I know its different for different players, but that one is downright crazy to me. Hit them all side by side on the range and so did my pro locally here at the Windermere facility. I also had our foursome hit them yesterday before playing. Some liked the driver as much, but NOBODY found it very forgiving at all. One of our foursome that gets to try just about anything he wants based on his profession as well said "When hit well, its a beast, when missed, its like hitting a persimmon wood". That about sums it up for me too.

Glad it is working for you. That is all that matters.

Lol I guess I'm a playah!! As I said I think it is more of a visually appealing thing with me. This driver just sets up perfectly for my eye. The IZ I liked at first but eventually something about the shape makes it difficult for me to aim properly. Probably in my head but the facts are I can't hit a fairway this year.

a 50* wedge. Got it narrowed down to the Mizzy t-10, CG 10, and TM xFT. The massive gap from my PW to 53 gives me the fits sometimes.

I just got fitted at the Callaway Performance Center nearby and the fitter gave me a few to try. About the fourth club he gave me to hit was the JPX 800pro and now I am in love. The feel was great and all my stats on the monitor were where they should be according to the fitter.

Now I just have to justify the purchase after buying clubs (Adams A7) earlier this summer.

Almost any iron, but the Machspeeds have caught my eye... I know JB loved em, anyone else?

Almost any iron, but the Machspeeds have caught my eye... I know JB loved em, anyone else?

Yoccos just picked them up recently and he's a big fan. I hit them at the outing and came away really liking them. High and straight.

i've hit them more than once, and thought they were a really solid iron. i don't own them, but it doesn't mean i didn't enjoy what i saw when hitting them at the range.

Finally got an offer in to sell our old house (two mortgages suck, btw) - if that goes through as planned in December then my radar will be full of everything because I will celebrate by replacing darn near everything in my bag except my putter, which is only a few months old and I love it. But everything else will be fair game:

Driver: Srixon, Titleist, Taylor Made on my short list
3 wood: No idea, wide open
Hybrid: liking the Adams Black
Irons: Srixon, Cleveland, Nike, Titleist, Adams on the short list
Wedges: Always been fond of Cleveland wedges, probably stick with those

those darn CG16 irons still find a way into my head...it has to be a sign for me to hit them again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back