Blisters forming on 1 foot only

perkis

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been having some troubles with blisters forming on my right foot only. I walk when golfing and around hole 12-13 I start feeling hot spots on my right foot. I am swing righty and am getting small blisters on heel, big toe, and the pad of my foot about 1/3 the way down my foot from the toes. The shoes fit and I have tried new gel insoles and have worn the shoes a couple seasons now and am wondering if any of you have the same experience or any hints/suggestions for preventing blisters when they form on one foot.

Thanks.

If your shoes truly fit, I cannot imagine why you are getting blisters, maybe a different insole instead of the gel will do the trick.

It could be that your foot is sliding around slightly? Regardless, the shoe must be different somehow, I can't imagine your swing having anything to do with it. I'd just splurge and buy new shoes.

Can't say I can offer any advice as I'm lucky to not have that issue. I would as noted try a different insole or a different pair of shoes altogether.

Blisters

Blisters

I agree with DD, your foot must be moving slightly inside your shoe so a different insole maybe motin control

\

Or maybe you just need to work on your swing.... haha only joking! im 99% sure your swing has noting to do with it!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to try a pair of Kentwool socks. They have a blister-free guarantee.

Use Discount Code: bubba2 to take 20% off

http://www.kentwool.com/shop/Performance.aspx

I like Kentwool socks a lot, but I just dont understand the guarantee.
Maybe you can help here.
Most blisters are caused from an ill fitting shoe from what I have been told.
Yet I dont believe Kentwool's guarantee covers that.
So how do they know what the guarantee covers and what is causing the blister on a consumer?

I like Kentwool socks a lot, but I just dont understand the guarantee.
Maybe you can help here.
Most blisters are caused from an ill fitting shoe from what I have been told.
Yet I dont believe Kentwool's guarantee covers that.
So how do they know what the guarantee covers and what is causing the blister on a consumer?
I completely agree with the bolded part, having a gorilla foot myself I am limited to what I can wear without getting blisters. A FootJoy in an 11.5 XW I can wear right out of the box and not get blisters. But most other shoes in just a wide is guaranteed blisters. Gel inserts help me as well.

I sent Kentwool a message if they can send me some info on what the Guarantee covers.

Here is what Helen Ingram that handles KentwoolTour twitter account sent me: Risk-free, Blister-free Guarantee: We guarantee your feet will not blister when wearing our socks in properly fitting shoes, no matter how many holes you play. In the event that you are not completely satisfied with a purchase made from a KENTWOOL Site, you may send back any items which are not to your liking within one (1) month of the item's delivery date. However, KENTWOOL strives for complete customer satisfaction, and to the extent that you are unhappy with any product purchased through a KENTWOOL Site, please feel free to contact KENTWOOLand KENTWOOL will take whatever reasonable steps necessary to ensure that you are fully satisfied by the products being offered by KENTWOOL.

Helen A. Ingram

I don't know man, I'd probably go see a foot doctor and find the cause rather than buy a pair of socks and a guarantee.

Here is what Helen Ingram that handles KentwoolTour twitter account sent me: Risk-free, Blister-free Guarantee: We guarantee your feet will not blister when wearing our socks in properly fitting shoes, no matter how many holes you play. In the event that you are not completely satisfied with a purchase made from a KENTWOOL Site, you may send back any items which are not to your liking within one (1) month of the item's delivery date. However, KENTWOOL strives for complete customer satisfaction, and to the extent that you are unhappy with any product purchased through a KENTWOOL Site, please feel free to contact KENTWOOLand KENTWOOL will take whatever reasonable steps necessary to ensure that you are fully satisfied by the products being offered by KENTWOOL.

Helen A. Ingram

How do they know if you are wearing properly fit shoes?
I love their socks and have said so numerous times, but I think their blister guarantee is nothing more than marketing speak.
Sure they offer a 30 day money back guarantee, which I love, and many companies offer. But the blister guarantee seems way off base outside of marketing.
TO honor it they would need for me to either go to their office or them to come to mine to see if my shoes were properly fitting.

How do they know if you are wearing properly fit shoes?
I love their socks and have said so numerous times, but I think their blister guarantee is nothing more than marketing speak.
Sure they offer a 30 day money back guarantee, which I love, and many companies offer. But the blister guarantee seems way off base outside of marketing.
TO honor it they would need for me to either go to their office or them to come to mine to see if my shoes were properly fitting.

Yeah I agree, it's more marketing than anything, but I do like their socks!

Ever thought that maybe your feet are different widths? A lot of people can have two slightly different shoe sizes in regard to width or length.

I got struck by the blister demon on my left achilles from walking 18 last week, and the darn thing keeps breaking open. It's healing slowly but is stopping me from walking and playing. I thought my shoes fit well, and never had it happen before, would it be from them fitting too tight or too loose? I'll get some new kicks if I need to

If you are buying shoes the same size as your street shoes they may be too small by a half size as your feet tend to swell some while walking. Shoes that are tied too tight can also help cause blisters.

Socks without seams and with good moisture wicking are a must. Wet and sweaty feet are an invitation to blisters.

Based on what I know and have read, you may just want to try some tighter fitting athletic socks. In other words socks that don't bunch up inside your shoes.

You could also try Wright Socks which are double layer socks made so the friction happens between the sock layers and not your feet and socks.

Last things to try may be taping the area of our foot where you get blisters with athletic tape. Make sure it is applied so it has no wrinkles and apply it over your hot spots.

Thanks Ted. I think my shoes are a little too tight, and I'm going to get another pair this week. I've never had this problem before so it puzzled me a bit.

If you are buying shoes the same size as your street shoes they may be too small by a half size as your feet tend to swell some while walking. Shoes that are tied too tight can also help cause blisters.

Socks without seams and with good moisture wicking are a must. Wet and sweaty feet are an invitation to blisters.

Based on what I know and have read, you may just want to try some tighter fitting athletic socks. In other words socks that don't bunch up inside your shoes.

You could also try Wright Socks which are double layer socks made so the friction happens between the sock layers and not your feet and socks.

Last things to try may be taping the area of our foot where you get blisters with athletic tape. Make sure it is applied so it has no wrinkles and apply it over your hot spots.

Ted has lots of great suggestions. Thought I would chime in here, too, because I have a lot of experience with blisters from years of competitive tennis and backcountry skiing which is usually a blister-fest.

Foot swelling is a very good point, particularly if you don't walk a lot of miles on non-golf days, which would mean you're often buying shoes when your feet aren't at their 'largest'. Always try on shoes in the afternoon (true for all shoes) as your feet swell as the day goes on. Yes to moisture wicking, NO to cotton socks! Wright Socks are a great recommendation - or any 'double layer' sock. Runners use them for a reason - the double layers prevent your foot from sticking to the sock and rubbing against the shoe, instead the two layers slide against each other. It helps. Also agreed on the tape but I have had better luck with good ol' duct tape, because the smooth outer surface allows a sock to slide against it better than with athletic tape. Athletic tape will conform to your foot better, however - so you might want to experiment. Put a small roll of each in your bag. We bring duct tape on backcountry hiking/ski trips for lots of reasons, but it gets used more than anything by people with developing blisters and it does help stave them off until the trip is over.

Good luck. Blisters suck but there is a combination of things in the suggestions in this thread that will get you sorted and if not, you've got something really funky going on!

I had the same problem with my FootJoy dry joys - one fit perfectly but the other got worse instead of breaking in ...I wear Thorlo golf socks, so that was not the issue. My right foot is just a little bigger and these top rated shoes run small apparently... So,
i spent two hours trying on multiple pairs of of golf shoes and wound up with Nike air tours in wide size. These fit like my comfy walking shoes right out of the box...I walk 18 holes all the time and my feet never complain now :)

Back