Suggestions for Florida golf (Ft. Myers &/or Orlando)...

Petroguy

You're welcome.
Reaction score
My wife, myself and our two year old son are taking a trip down to Florida to see some family and just get a away. I will play at least a couple of rounds of golf in the week or so we will be gone. I would love some input on courses, practice facilities and/or unique golf stores that I could check out when we are down there.

We will be in the Ft. Meyers area visiting family and may make the swing over to Orlando for a couple of days to hit some spots that my son would love. I know that there are a few of you that either live here or are familiar with the area and any input would be greatly appreciated!

There are SOOO many great courses in both areas, that I would ask for a few more pieces of info.

1. Both are pretty large, do you know what area you will be staying in, or how far you are willing to drive?
2. Price Range?
3. What type of course do you enjoy?

There are SOOO many great courses in both areas, that I would ask for a few more pieces of info.

1. Both are pretty large, do you know what area you will be staying in, or how far you are willing to drive?
2. Price Range?
3. What type of course do you enjoy?

Thanks for the reply JB. To answer your questions;

1. I would say something within 30 miles of Ft. Meyers and/or Orlando would be a good guideline, but not a concrete one. I am not certain where we are staying yet. I probably should keep it somewhat close just because of the fact that we will have one car, so my wife would have to drop me off and pick me up when I call.

2. Price Range...it's my vacation which comes few and far between, so I would say there isn't one. I can't say I am eager to spend $400 per round though. Bang for the buck would be a plus, but if there is something that is truly worth it, I am on board.

3. I enjoy all courses but especially scenic ones that seem to be a blend with the topography and the area rather than being architecturally forced or fabricated. Unfortunately, my swing in the past few weeks leading up to my vacation has left me. I know this is straying from the topic some but I hate to spend a ton of money going into the Midwestern off season on lessons. I am struggling but I don't want that to tempt me into playing a course that I don't normally consider a fair challenge.

Again, any unique or notable store that you might recommend would be appreciated as well. Distance is not an issue because we could stop there on the way in town or leaving. The only thing we have in my area is Golf Galaxy.

Thanks again for the help.

Not sure I can help as much with Ft. Myers, but biggsy on here has lived there for a long time and has played every course in the area.

As for Orlando, it is a VERY big city. Depending on where you are staying, could mean 45 minutes easy depending on time of day and day. For instance, Disney is not really in Orlando, but just south of it. So if you are looking at Disney area, I might recommend something a little different than say if you were staying down town.

Being that it is one of the best golfing cities in the world, I am sure we can help you find some stuff that is truly memorable and great courses to showcase FL golf.

I asked this question before and got some great answers here.

When I went, my favorite course was Eagle Lakes, which was south of Naples. The housing development around it died when the economy tanked, but it was a great course.

I imagine it is inevitable that we will be staying around Disney or somewhat close. My wife and I want to take the boy there. Not sure if that helps. I know for a fact that we won't stay down town.

When I went, my favorite course was Eagle Lakes, which was south of Naples. The housing development around it died when the economy tanked, but it was a great course.

Thanks for the repost Hawk, that is some great info.

UGH!! Dang Hawk I play there about twice a month and curse those greens everytime!

Petro look at Corkscrew and Panther Run. Panther Run is a bit out of town, but the reviews since Troon took over are pretty good.

UGH!! Dang Hawk I play there about twice a month and curse those greens everytime!

Petro look at Corkscrew and Panther Run. Panther Run is a bit out of town, but the reviews since Troon took over are pretty good.

LOL, I cursed the water that seems to be on every hole.

I played at Remington Golf Club and Kissimmee Bay Country Club last winter both are great courses and the people treated our group great.

Back