Votes: 48 60.0%
  • 5W, 3H, 4H

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
If you could carry 3 of these 4 clubs, what would you chose??? Why??
I know a 4W would be a logical choice but because I am LH, they are not made in a lot of lines??

I carry all 4 plus a 5H, I don't carry the 60* any more, I just open up the 56* when I need a super high shot.

3w 3h 4h.

I used to carry a 3w and 5w. I never found myself too close for a 3w and too far for a 5w. Best thing I did was give them to my brother and bag a 4wood. Added an extra wedge and lowered my scores.

I would carry 3W, 5W, and 4H. But that's just me. What do I know???

After trying clubs out at the Outing, I might be going with a 3W, 5W, 4H setup. My Rescue 11 is a 4, but lofted like a typical 3 (21*) so there won't be too big of a gap. Gapping is why I'm thinking about it now. I currently go, driver, 3W, 4H, 4i etc so I'd like to help cut the gap between my wood and hybrid. Going to pull one of my wedges when the time comes. I'll also be looking at 18* hybrids instead of a 5W. So far from the little bit of testing I've done so far, I'm thinking 5W will be the way to go, but we'll see.

I voted 3W 5W 3H but carry 3W 2H and 3H. I like my 4I so wouldn't replace it.

I used to carry a 4w 2h 3h 4h....but found out that the 2h = 4w I think the 5w is close a 3h also.

I like my current setup of 4w, 3h, 4h. Now if I could only hit them :D

When I know I am going to play the back tees or on a very long layout I will add in a 5W to my long game arsenal and drop a wedge. My reasoning is that I am going to have a lot more long shots on long par 5s or even super long par 4s and par 3s to where the 5W would help manage that length better. I can cover the short game with two wedges and a PW if necessary. I always carry a 3W and a 19* hybrid so a 3H 21* hybrid might be a better idea when I carry the 5W than the 2H 19*.....thinking about that maybe I should go pick up a 3H 21*.

I currently play a 3W and 2/3h, I never really liked a 5 wood and have found the 2/3 hybrids to fill the gap between 3w and 5iron. I think it's one of those if it works for you kind of things!

I voted for 3W, 3h, 4h, because the 3 wood gives you a second long option off the tee, and possibly the longest club off the deck if you can hit it. The 3h4h, gives you two long easy to hit clubs that are very versatile.

3W, 5W and 4H. Mainly because I couldn't get on with my 3H. 5W is easier to hit (I find anyway) and delivers better results.

3w, 3h and 4h for me too. You need a backup to the driver in the bag and the 3w delivers this

None of these options really fit me to a T honestly. I don't like hybrids that much.

I go 3w, 5w, 4h. I found the 3h and 5w were competing for the same shots, the 5w won because of its additional 10yds off the teebox and a nicer ballflight. Also my 4h is a trouble/rescue type and the 3h I have is not the best for those type lies.

No choice for me in the vote. I carry a 3 wood and a 3 hybrid. The 3 wood is my driver on short par 4's plus it is a must on par 5's while the 3 hybrid is a replacement for my 3 iron. I hit it slightly further and a little higher so it is a great club for soft landing longer approach shots.

No exact answer.

I carry a 3W, 2h, 4h.
My 3W plays 230+, my 2h plays 200-220 depending on if I choke down or not. I can get my 4h to the 200+ if I need to.

I went 3W 3H 4H. I love this poll question, because the last few months this is the "area" of my bag that I've really been playing around with. I've got a brand new Speedline 5W to go with my 3W that I really do like, but after playing with a few hybrids earlier this year in Hawaii I had to kick it out of the bag and go with the H's. I'm finally at the point where I think my bag setup is just right.

3W, 3H, 4H. I actually play more to the lofts than the H#. For example the 3h I carry is from TM and it's 18* where the same loft in a Mashie is the M2.

3W, 5W, 4H.... i havent gamed a 5w in years... but i hit one the other day and i was in love with the ball flight. With more mass im getting better distance and height than my equivalent hybrid - and when i really need the long shot - the 5w is easier to make IMO. Proably just a swing fault though... hybrids and I go through phases... not sure why..

I have a 15* 3-wd, 19.5* fybrid(basically a 7-wd or 3-H) and 24* fybrid and, i have found very few gaps in between them. Gaps do still come up from time to time but, nothing that i cant grip down for, put a little extra on or get all workability with. The workability seldom works tho it usually ends up somewhere hairy LOL so, i tend to stick with a little less or a little extra.

Thanks to all for the replies.
With over 40 votes, the current front runner is the 3W, 3H, 4H
I have read a lot of reasonings, but I think the one I like the most is that a 3W can be used off the tee in tight and/or short drives......
While I do that on occasion, I never really thought about it when making my choice...

I voted 3w/3h/4h as well. I am just plan better with the hybrids so a 5w serves me no purpose. I like the 3w for the same things others have said up top, but I've actually considered a 4w instead of a 3w for my bag just because I find them a little easier to hit from the deck.

3w/3h/4h here too and throw in a 5h for good measure. Hybrids for me are easier to hit well when I'm not in the fairway compared to a 5w/7w and also longer and higher ball flight compared to a 3i/4i.

I prefer 3W, 3H, 4H but that's just me.

Back