Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Why does that confuse you? I see the X-Tour as a GI/GE blend while I see the Forged as a pure players cavity which I would expect to have less offset and a thinner top line.

To me a forged should be an easier iron to play than the tour.

oh, and I think for a consumer, in their mind they will be thinking the same thing......Am I looking at this all wrong?

oh, and I think for a consumer, in their mind they will be thinking the same thing......Am I looking at this all wrong?

I can see your point. I guess I associate forged with "top line" clubs like Mizzies who cater to the better players (blades and what not). Most of the GE and entry clubs are all cast so I guess the "bells and whistles" of the forged appeal to people who want better feel- the players cavity type player.

I don't hear a ton of 20+ handicap players talking about the feel of their irons.

yeah, I guess Nike just keeps coming to mind. and the word Tour will scare people off

could be because they are worried about having the ball go straight. when I first started out I was just wanting a straight ball, forget distance. If that meant hitting a board then so be it. Although some may say that my ball flight still sucks but that's another issue
I can see your point. I guess I associate forged with "top line" clubs like Mizzies who cater to the better players (blades and what not). Most of the GE and entry clubs are all cast so I guess the "bells and whistles" of the forged appeal to people who want better feel- the players cavity type player.

I don't hear a ton of 20+ handicap players talking about the feel of their irons.

could be because they are worried about having the ball go straight. when I first started out I was just wanting a straight ball, forget distance. If that meant hitting a board then so be it. Although some may say that my ball flight still sucks but that's another issue

I guess thats my point. A 20+ handicap golfer isn't going to pickup a GI club and talk about how it feels. They will talk about forgiveness. It is only the 'good' players that will notice the difference between forged and cast. Heck. When I played 3-4 rounds with a set of mizzies after the outing I couldn't tell the difference in any real terms.

One-T. I really do see your point about the Nikes (and the using of the word tour as well) and you have me genuinely reconsidering my stance on the matter. I don't have a ton of experience in the retail world so it is hard for me to predict what the average consumer will think. I can tell you what seems to matter the most- how it is marketed!

It's also worth noting that I love the dialog going on here. Its interesting how different consumers have different impressions.

ahhhhh. maybe feel and forgiveness go hand in hand for some?
I guess thats my point. A 20+ handicap golfer isn't going to pickup a GI club and talk about how it feels. They will talk about forgiveness. It is only the 'good' players that will notice the difference between forged and cast. Heck. When I played 3-4 rounds with a set of mizzies after the outing I couldn't tell the difference in any real terms.

Can't wait for a demo day to come around in the spring, the x-tours and forged both look like great clubs. I was rather impressed with the look of the x22 tours when I saw them in the store for the 1st time and from the pic they look similar in size; however a players cavity forged always has a place in my heart.

Judging from prior pricing though, the tours might be more in the price range since anything that says forged is usually 850+ :beat-up:

Well I am sitting here with my 19 month old grandaughter and she gave her vote of pretty for the tour version. haha now i would have no idea why she would agree with her papa, but she did! lol

I love the look of the forged set. Nice and sleek and look like a vette however with that said I would not kick the other two out of the bag/bed whatever :D

To me a forged should be an easier iron to play than the tour.

yeah, I guess Nike just keeps coming to mind. and the word Tour will scare people off

IIRC, in Callaway's X-series of clubs, the "Tour" label replaced their old "Pro Series" label (as of the X-20 I think). The "regular" X-series clubs (X-12, X-14, X-16 and X-18) had wider soles, thicker top-lines than their PS or Tour clubs. The PS (X-12PS, X-14PS, X-16PS and X18PS) and Tour clubs (X-20 Tour and X-22 Tour) had less offset, thinner top-lines - more of a players cavity back. Their X-series forged clubs had the least offset, and thinnest top-lines of any of the X-series clubs and were targeted toward the lowest handicappers.

That forged club sure looks pretty.

IIRC, in Callaway's X-series of clubs, the "Tour" label replaced their old "Pro Series" label (as of the X-20 I think). The "regular" X-series clubs (X-12, X-14, X-16 and X-18) had wider soles, thicker top-lines than their PS or Tour clubs. The PS (X-12PS, X-14PS, X-16PS and X18PS) and Tour clubs (X-20 Tour and X-22 Tour) had less offset, thinner top-lines - more of a players cavity back. Their X-series forged clubs had the least offset, and thinnest top-lines of any of the X-series clubs and were targeted toward the lowest handicappers.

excellent post! Thank you for that!

The cavity on the reg razr. Looks like the inside of a Honda civic...... I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think from just looking that either the Tour X or the Forged would be a good upgrade from my X-20 Tours.
But I would have to try them out before making that jump of course.
I'm really looking forward to trying them.

Lots of great early feedback. The guys in FL this weekend will be putting these through a thorough testing.

Lots of great early feedback. The guys in FL this weekend will be putting these through a thorough testing.

*cheking deltas last minute deals*

haha....round trip $120

ahhh hell, I just cant do it. I just got back from Manhattan, Outting in 2 weeks. Another trip after that, to stay in another cabin(this time with my wife), then Thanksgiving. I would need a $120 loan. hahaha. Trust me I really badly want to go. BAD!

Razr X Forged look interesting, not sure if they could knock my Ping S57's out of the bag

I would love an invite like that... forget the flight!

when JB looked up a flight for me it was like 230ish, for 120 I may have jumped at it.

These irons are hawwwwt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back