Golf Digest: $5.98 for Two Years (Old thread)

Thanks for the tip, thats a great offer

Worked perfect, 2 years for 6 bucks and no shipping.. Sweet

I hate seeing great deals like this (you know the old story!), but I went ahead and gave it a shot too.

I guess the deal has already run its course. I got the message: Sorry, this offer code is either invalid or has expired

I got my own reasons for being pissed with GD's tactics for luring subscribers...

A friend's daughter was selling magazine subscriptions for some sort of school fundraiser. Ordered a subscription for 2 years of Golf Digest for $21 which was supposed to include a bonus gift of 2 sleeves of Callaway HX Bite balls.

In the mail last week I get a package telling me the HX Bite balls were 'unavailable' and I get only one sleeve of Big Bertha Diablos instead.

Wow, that is a great deal :good:

Hahaha , you're lucky. I did the same thing and got no golf balls. Still a great magazine.
I got my own reasons for being pissed with GD's tactics for luring subscribers...

A friend's daughter was selling magazine subscriptions for some sort of school fundraiser. Ordered a subscription for 2 years of Golf Digest for $21 which was supposed to include a bonus gift of 2 sleeves of Callaway HX Bite balls.

In the mail last week I get a package telling me the HX Bite balls were 'unavailable' and I get only one sleeve of Big Bertha Diablos instead.

I've been using stray airline miles for years to get both Golf Digest and Golf Magazine. I know both Delta and Continental send magazine offers periodically.

Anyone start receiving this yet?

Anyone start receiving this yet?

Normally for something like this it takes them a couple of months to start fulfillment. I would ponder a guess at around 3 months to start. It's the caveat to the cheaper price.

Normally for something like this it takes them a couple of months to start fulfillment. I would ponder a guess at around 3 months to start. It's the caveat to the cheaper price.

Or long enough to forget you did it? hehehe

I hope not, I'm one of the guinea pigs!

Or long enough to forget you did it? hehehe

I hope not, I'm one of the guinea pigs!

You'll get it, and judging from this thread started, probably for the March or February issue. I did this a couple of years ago and it took 2-3 months for it to start. From here on out though if you happen upon a deal like that again make sure that you can get it as a renewal or else you get double issues (I had that happen to me). I posted something here that was similar and that website offered a renewal choice for the drop down box.

Rockbottom Golf is running a promo right now that if you spend $40 you get a year free. I just looked at the fine print and you can actually forgo the subscription and get a $10 credit. Cool Deal.

Just got my first issue today. It is the January 2011 issue, and the mailing label says DEC12 on it. Looks like this was the real deal.

Got my first issue today as well. It was the equipment issue.

This is the one I got:

Golf-Digest-January-2011.jpg

I got a free 6 month subscription to GD when I bought TW11. Was 3 months before I got the first issue it came in the middle of Nov. Got the Oct. and Nov. issue on a Tuesday and then got the Dec. issue that Fri. LOL

I just got my Hot List issue (February).

Back