Official 2010 THP Putter Shootout thread

Actually, I think there is quite a bit of love on here for Titleist, just possibly not voiced as strongly as some other brands. I myself love the SC lines and hope to add a limited or something special to my little collection down the road. I really hope they decide to participate in future events so I can explore and support their company.

excellent post duey. heck, look at canadan and setho, both of those guys have found great results with the SC's. and maybe more and more would, if they were available for testing! i think we all just would like to see titleist step up, and when they don't, it's discouraging, and frustrating, and confusing.

excellent post duey. heck, look at canadan and setho, both of those guys have found great results with the SC's. and maybe more and more would, if they were available for testing! i think we all just would like to see titleist step up, and when they don't, it's discouraging, and frustrating, and confusing.

Yes it certainly is TC, but who am I to guess their marketing decisions? I just go with the flow and support those who support me by supporting THP, if that makes sense, lol. Setho just posted a beautiful example of their product on here and got a lot of love for that thread.

its just unfortunate and in the end its hurting no one but the consumer, the very person they want to buy this stuff. Seems like an odd strategy to me.

they've got their 'core' following though so that and the 'name' keeps them going....
its just unfortunate and in the end its hurting no one but the consumer, the very person they want to buy this stuff. Seems like an odd strategy to me.

Yes it certainly is TC, but who am I to guess their marketing decisions? I just go with the flow and support those who support me by supporting THP, if that makes sense, lol. Setho just posted a beautiful example of their product on here and got a lot of love for that thread.

agreed! the sad part is that their marketing is pretty much this:

pay a ton of pga professionals to play our equipment.
spend more than that on full pages in major golf publications and on television ads
all the while claiming to be the #1 this, the #1 that
yet they never actually want to put their equipment in the hands of consumers.

they sell based off "what the pros play". it's clever, it's ingenious, and it's made them a lot of $$$$, but is it the best? i think not.

Lets get this one back to the wonderful companies that are supporting the testing. The companies that want to see how their product does in the hands of consumers. Thanks guys.

I agree TC, sorry JB. I was just thinking this morning about the support and following that THP has from so many great companies. I've visited with several different companies today, who are taking the time to work on something special for me? I'm no bigshot, but great companies make you feel like one.

first post updated....no Titleist products

More requests

SeeMore M1 vs M7
SeeMore Carbon Steel vs MFGP
Ghost Insert vs Vicino Insert

updated on the first page....impressive list!

Id like to see the new Ping putters there for testing in general. Not sure if they come out in time or not.

just got done, awesome stuff. I forgot how much I enjoy the putter stuff. Putters are awesome

Make sure you leave a comment in the show Kevin, if you get a chance. That thread is around here too.

I am currently listening to the Greenside and I would love to see some of these new Ping Scottsdale putters there. especially the pickem up

More Requests

SeeMore Sb1 vs Odyssey Inserts. Which one do you prefer?
Bettinardi 2011 - 4 more people asked about them.

OP updated...

I'd like to see some of the new entries by Wilson be added; maybe the 8883 or 8882. The 8882 seemed to rate well in the THP review section.

I'd like to see some of the new entries by Wilson be added; maybe the 8883 or 8882. The 8882 seemed to rate well in the THP review section.

i believe that a couple of the wilson models are in JB's collection. one of which has been all pimp'd out. perhaps we'll throw the 8882 in the mix with the other heel shafter putters?

Here are a few CS putters I would like to see tested. If there are any you would like to add that would be great
Ping 1/2 Craz-e putter
Cleveland Classic 5.5
Seemore Si3/3w

I see you are doing a CS shootout on the OP, but I didnt see these putters on the list.

Another request for the 2011 Bettinardi line.

Back