The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to bring it over here JB. Yeah Romo makes bad decisions. He throws an INT late in the game. But he doesnt play defense. And thank god for that. And he isnt coaching the team either. I know he had his chances late in the game but how about the defense actually make a stop? How about playing smart and cutting down on the 133 yards in penalties. Two tip balls that lead to INT's. Numerous stupid mistakes the whole game! Im not going to defend Romo any more, he makes stupid plays and bad decisions. But that loss was not all Romo. He did more then enough to win the game. This team lacks discipline and cant make a stop on defense to save its life. The coaching staff should have been fired last year or even the year before when they got embarrassed two straight weeks to end the season. Now were stuck with them this year.

I absolutely agree that it was not all Romo. No question. Jenkins stunk in coverage. The penalties are on the head coach and getting his team ready. Off a bye week at home! But in the end, the QB had 2 chances late in the game to win the whole thing. 2 chances! And both times, he delivered bad decisions, bad throws, and in the end, could not get it done when it counted.

Had he delivered on one of those two late drives, the argument would have been that despite how bad the coaching was and despite how bad the defense was, Romo delivered when he needed to and got it done. In this case, he played down to their level and in two separate tries to win it (when the defense gave him the ball back), he blew it with bad decisions. If this was an isolated incident, I think he gets a pass. But clearly it is not. I think he should shoulder just as much of the blame as the rest.

Im going to bring it over here JB. Yeah Romo makes bad decisions. He throws an INT late in the game. But he doesnt play defense. And thank god for that. And he isnt coaching the team either. I know he had his chances late in the game but how about the defense actually make a stop? How about playing smart and cutting down on the 133 yards in penalties. Two tip balls that lead to INT's. Numerous stupid mistakes the whole game! Im not going to defend Romo any more, he makes stupid plays and bad decisions. But that loss was not all Romo. He did more then enough to win the game. This team lacks discipline and cant make a stop on defense to save its life. The coaching staff should have been fired last year or even the year before when they got embarrassed two straight weeks to end the season. Now were stuck with them this year.

I would not say the D was responsible for that loss. Jenkins was horrific true. But the D play calling of inside blitz on every pass play was high schoolish. The D played great in the second half I thought. You can't blame the D for the go ahead TD late. Penalties and play calling lost that game both of which can be thrown at Wade and Garretts feet. Romo did not have a good game but 2 of his INT's were tipped balls and the other was a late game 4th down desperate throw. Romo was not too blame at all.

I would not say the D was responsible for that loss. Jenkins was horrific true. But the D play calling of inside blitz on every pass play was high schoolish. The D played great in the second half I thought. You can't blame the D for the go ahead TD late. Penalties and play calling lost that game both of which can be thrown at Wade and Garretts feet. Romo did not have a good game but 2 of his INT's were tipped balls and the other was a late game 4th down desperate throw. Romo was not too blame at all.

LOL just call me the Little Romo.

Edit: What would be wrong about my analysis of the game though JB? The pick in the end zone was a high throw but it did hit Bennett in the hands and could have been caught. The last second throw was 4th down. Had to try and force it. The other INT was a tipped ball at the line.

The good news is...both the Vikings and Cowboys are 1-3. Sad part is I used to cheer for the Vikes , because my favorite player of all time retired from there (Randall Cunningham) , but they sold their soul and let a primadonna over the hill QB run the show. Well, karma bites...enjoy your crow Brad Childress.

I only wish the Eagles had Vick this entire year, they could legimately be 5-0.

The good news is...both the Vikings and Cowboys are 1-3. Sad part is I used to cheer for the Vikes , because my favorite player of all time retired from there (Randall Cunningham) , but they sold their soul and let a primadonna over the hill QB run the show. Well, karma bites...enjoy your crow Brad Childress.

All I can say is WOW! The Vikings sold their soul, but the Eagles did not? I mean HELLO, Mike Vick????????

It was a great weekend for Football! Todd Collins is the master of the diversion. He almost threw more ints than completions.

So is it safe to say the NFC North has the worst offensive lines in the league?

what vodka are you using for your bloody mary this morning? please pass it down....

Vikings win out! Thats my prediction!

How can it not be on the defense? They gave up 131 yards on only 19 carries to JB's favorite NFL player and they couldnt stop Vince Young. They gave up 17 points in each half so really the second wasnt much better then the first. It wasnt all the defense but I think the D is highly overrated. Jenkins was a joke all day long. Penalties on the whole team. But I agree with you on Romo, this loss wasnt on him.

How can it not be on the defense? They gave up 131 yards on only 19 carries to JB's favorite NFL player and they couldnt stop Vince Young. They gave up 17 points in each half so really the second wasnt much better then the first. It wasnt all the defense but I think the D is highly overrated. Jenkins was a joke all day long. Penalties on the whole team. But I agree with you on Romo, this loss wasnt on him.

I thought there D was bad early on. The Cowboys have to be the most undisciplined team in league. It's frustrating. Could have won against the Redskins, but penalties helped kill that(not just talking about the last play). They also had some big penalties against the Titans(other then the celebration penalty). Defending the deep ball has been the achilles heel of this defense since the day of Roy Williams at safety. The Titans took a lot of shots down field against them. At 1-3 I wouldn't bury them yet due to their division, but they are in for a long season if they don't turn things around in the next few games.

I thought there D was bad early on. The Cowboys have to be the most undisciplined team in league. It's frustrating. Could have won against the Redskins, but penalties helped kill that(not just talking about the last play). They also had some big penalties against the Titans(other then the celebration penalty). Defending the deep ball has been the achilles heel of this defense since the day of Roy Williams at safety. The Titans took a lot of shots down field against them. At 1-3 I wouldn't bury them yet due to their division, but they are in for a long season if they don't turn things around in the next few games.

And that lack of discipline falls squarely on Wade. IMO. The defense has been this teams weakness for years now. Always come up small.

And that lack of discipline falls squarely on Wade. IMO. The defense has been this teams weakness for years now. Always come up small.

is it possible to just demote wade to the defense?

Can someone please tell me when Jerry Jones is going to wake up and fire his entire coaching staff, and hire Bill Cowher.

Can someone please tell me when Jerry Jones is going to wake up and fire his entire coaching staff, and hire Bill Cowher.

I think he's waiting for the Carolina job to open up and the way it's going, that could be a distinct possibility in the next couple of weeks.

Funny how Colt McCoy goes from almost being cut to maybe a starter.

Bears need to sign Kordell Stewart out of retirement for a backup.

+1 he's got a home there....but it will be all about what control he gets. which you know won't happen in Dallas.
I think he's waiting for the Carolina job to open up and the way it's going, that could be a distinct possibility in the next couple of weeks.

Sucks because I really like John Fox.

+1 he's got a home there....but it will be all about what control he gets. which you know won't happen in Dallas.

He also has a home in Tampa and 2 other cities. But Carolina makes the most sense. I want it to happen too, so that when the Bucs finally fire Raheem, I only got the job because I am Ronde's best friend and he agreed to play one more year if I am here, Morris they can hire Fox.

Sucks because I really like John Fox.

Then you can tell the brass at Bears camp to toss Lovie and hire him... he'll be available soon enough.

Anyone else think Singletary is on the hot seat? If he does get tossed I'd hate to be the one that tells him. That dude better have on him a taser and/or a tranquilizer gun like the one they used on Frank the Tank.

Singletary will be on through the end of the year. Or else. lol.

I would love John Fox in Chicago.

what the hell is wrong with all of you? John Fox! hahahahaha

I kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back