Adams Launches New Redline Set

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Continuing a long tradition of delivering innovative club design, Adams Golf (NasdaqCM:ADGF) is proud to announce the launch of the new Redline series of industry-leading hybrid-iron sets. Adams Golf has combined their longest-hitting irons with their longest-hitting hybrids to create a customizable set that delivers maximum yardage. Designed with distance as the primary goal, consumers have the option of choosing which set configuration will best fit their game, including choosing whether to play one, two or three hybrids in combination with the long-hitting irons.

By combining a larger hybrid head, an ultra-thin steel face and longer shaft length, the Redline Super Hybrids deliver faster ball speeds and more distance than traditional hybrids. A tri-level sole design reduces turf interference for ease of play from the tee, fairway or rough and 45 grams of mass placed low and back improves forgiveness. The Redline irons have been engineered to take the best attributes of hybrid design and applying them to the irons in order to increase distance. Mass placed low and back, combined with thin club face design, creates faster ball speeds and allows shots to fly straighter and longer with maximum forgiveness. A more satisfying feel and sound comes from Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) inserts. Each iron in the Redline set has also been individually optimized to work together and outperform traditional irons. With progressive topline thickness and increased sole camber throughout, each iron is fully integrated with the next to maximize performance. Since the Redline set configurations are customizable, the consumer can select the exact number of hybrids (3-, 4- and 5-hybrids are available) to best fit their game--all at no up-charge.

"As the leader in hybrid and hybrid-iron design, we are proud to introduce this new line that truly delivers more distance than any other product on the market," said Chip Brewer, President and CEO of Adams Golf. "We have clearly succeeded in applying new technologies to create a set that outperforms the competition. Giving consumers the ability to customize their set make-up even further enhances the performance capabilities of this innovative hybrid-iron set."

The eight-piece sets begin shipping to golf shops April 20 with a suggested retail price (SRP) of $899.99 for graphite and $799.99 for steel. The stock shaft for the Redline hybrids and the irons in the graphite set is the UST Mamiya ATTAS-T2 graphite shaft. For the steel set, the stock shaft for the irons is the Redline Performance 85. All Redline irons and hybrids are available in right- or left-handed models with shaft flexes of X, R, S or A.

2036789.jpg

2036794.jpg

2036792.jpg

A nice looking set of clubs. Adams continues to innovate and offer a wide variety of clubs for a wide variety of players.

Nice looking iron set. I'd love to have these at the outing to try out.

Hard to believe they came out with another Hybrid set with the V3's being so new to the market . Not a bad looking set there .

Hard to believe they came out with another Hybrid set with the V3's being so new to the market . Not a bad looking set there .

I always thought that Adams led the field when it came to releases.

Nice looking set!

I gotta try those hybrids when the come out. I think they could have worked on the look of the club though.

Hmm, longer shafts in the hybrids. Not sure that helps. If those were black I would call them Super Hybirds. Can't tell any difference based on the pics. Not sure where this set falls in their line, but it looks like the A7OS or A7 may still be the better choice. I do like the looks of the clubs.

If I'm being honest I'm not loving this set. At least in pictures anyway the V3's are far nicer IMO.

I agree CL not really feeling these.

These look like a progression of the RPM irons

To me the design makes them look like something youd find in a Walmart or Costco Box set.

They kind of do look like that. But the $799 price sure doesnt look like Walmart.

Where are all the people who bash Taylormade for their "often" releases? It annoys me that Taylormade gets crucified for it, yet Adams may very well put out more equipment in a calendar year than any other OEM.

To me the design makes them look like something youd find in a Walmart or Costco Box set.

That's not incredibly uncommon for Adams' irons in my opinion. I've never really loved the look of any of their GI/SGI stuff, but it does work well. The a30S saved me from a mental breakdown last year.

Where are all the people who bash Taylormade for their "often" releases? It annoys me that Taylormade gets crucified for it, yet Adams may very well put out more equipment in a calendar year than any other OEM.

I like lots of equipment. Never understood why it was such a big deal to some.

To be honest I dont know how they do it either. They release a ton of stuff but all the Adams stuff I see at GG has dust all over it and never moves.

I like lots of equipment. Never understood why it was such a big deal to some.

I do too dude, but there's been a brazilian comments about how taylormade pumps out too much to fast, so I'm wondering where those comments are here? Or does no one care b/c it's Adams?

To be honest I dont know how they do it either. They release a ton of stuff but all the Adams stuff I see at GG has dust all over it and never moves.

Same here dude, I see the same stuff in the same shops all the time. I don't know how they make money or flip any of that inventory.

I dont understand the angst with releasing new equipment either. I like it. And I really like it when it doesnt suck.

Maybe this is the intro to their new "complete set" offering? Been thinking about it and these really don't fit anywhere in their current iron lineup. Can't imagine this would take the place of the "A" series.

I am on the fence about the looks, I have to agree with young Thainer that they have a box set look to them, maybe some in hand pics or demo day will change my mind

They look fine there is nothing wrong with them but, they just dont have the WOW factor that most of their sets have. They are o.k. tho.

Hybrids look ok, but the irons look cheap, I'd have to see in hand pix!

Our rep brought these by to see the other day. Adams has yet to release a distance iron so this should fill that niche. These irons have tested (per the rep) out to be longer than the Burner 2.0. We liked the look of them in hand and should be carrying this set when it's released. Let me know if anyone is interested in buying - I'll hook you up with a deal - just PM me.

I'm not feeling these either. I do like that they have the ATTAS T2 shaft in the hybrids though.

Where do these fit in the line up? Replacements for the a7 line? Or are these just a companion to the V3s? I'm all confused.

Im sure this is going to be a great set for alot of people. The one thing Im seeing from the pics is that the hybrids look rather large for an Adams offering but I think I remember Hoefy saying that you have hybrids designed to play more like woods and others that are designed to play more like irons and I think these ones seem to be more geared towards the woods style.

Back