Three Drivers compared today!

Kimeran

Play for fun, not anger
Reaction score
Handicap
~15-17
Ok, I tried three drivers today and thought I would expound on them here since you all have been helpful in my search so far and thought I would contribute...

But first, some background on my swing...

I have a swing that requires a stiff shaft, I do not know my exact wing speed. However, I try to focus on control more than anything as I like to try and work the ball a little bit. The main things I focus on is keeping my left foot on the ground firmly planted, good tempo, firing my arms downward(not around), and posture....

that said, I try to never swing hard just smooth...

the 3 drivers that demoed today were the Adams 9064 dfc, Adams F11, and 910 d2 all of which had the Adila RIP shaft in stiff.

Feel/sound:
F11= by far the softest in feel for me and the sound was more like the 910...your more traditional crack of a driver that wasnt very loud
9064= I think it was Super Tuna who said it sounded like an aluminum bat...that is pretty much spot on for the sound a short "ting" that is louder than the f11 but not ear bleeding loud like I feared it would be...
910=I would say was in the middle between the two in both sound and feel...

Performance:
I was able to work all three of these a decent amount as in I could fade them or put on a draw. However, I think my least favorite was the 910 suprisingly and I think alot of that had to do with the fact that the ball flight was not as penetrating as the other two...however it was just as straight

the f11 was a really high penetrating ball flight and I think it would be a really good match for me if it was in a 9.5* loft rather than 10.5 but I can tell you I was SMASHING this club...the best way I can describe this club was effortless and I found it be also be just as accurate as the 910 for me...I think the reason it was so effortless is because of the aerodynamics of the club

The 9064 was another great driver for my swing...I do not know if I would take it over the F11 but it is right up there with it...my biggest problem with it is the fact that the sound is a little....odd but I also found it to be very accurate for me...

Overall:
I can firmly say that out of the 3 I only eliminated the 910 which I really wanted to like but it just didnt tickle my fancy....so far I would say the f11 was best for me

Next: I would like to try the cleveland 290 and 310, Diablo Octane, Razr Hawk, and I want to retry the Pings to compare again....

Wow - very good information here! I'll keep my eyes peeled for updates after hitting more drivers. I like the Clevelands because of the Miyazaki shafts, so I'm curious to see how it measures up to the RIP.

Look forward to your future write ups on picking a driver

Thanks for your feedback. All great information.

Those Adams clubs are really good. Did they have the Adams G4 there? I was really pounding that out on the monitor when I tried it. Solid long club for the higher handicapper.

good stuff, thanks for the insight

Those Adams clubs are really good. Did they have the Adams G4 there? I was really pounding that out on the monitor when I tried it. Solid long club for the higher handicapper.

No 4G there. I thought it would have been nice to hit that club as I thought that it would give me an idea of what it would be like to hit the cleveland and if I even liked the lighter weighted clubs.

However, I do not know if I am going to see better ball flight than I did with the f11 as it was very penetrating and right where I wanted it to be. After hitting it I think that when I look at the other drivers that I listed above it is going to come down more to preference of sound and feel more than anything.

Have you tried the 910 D3 yet? It has a more penetrating ball flight and should be easier to work either way.

Great information! You may also want to look at the Nike VR Pro Tour Driver. I tested similar drivers you have listed and it blew it out of the water. I was very surprised to find Nike at the top of my driver list, but it was a great club. :D

You should definitely add the TM R-11 to your list of drivers to hit.
I can't say enough good things about mine.
With all it's adjustments and shaft options, I have no doubt you would be able to get one to work for you.

Adams does make some great clubs I'm glad I heard you say you like the F11 I was hearing some mixed reviews. good luck with the driver hunt I'm interested to see what you think about the next three drivers.

You should definitely add the TM R-11 to your list of drivers to hit.
I can't say enough good things about mine.
With all it's adjustments and shaft options, I have no doubt you would be able to get one to work for you.

Not liking the white head of the new taylormade drivers i find it to be very distracting when looking down at the ball and I have found focusing on the ball to be one of the most critical parts of my entire golf swing...if I look up just a little it is guarunteed to be in the weeds...

discovergolf...I would like to see where you read these reviews as I am having a hard time finding any online of the F11.

Mygolfspy.com rated the 9064 to be the best driver they tested in 2010 and I can certainly see why they did as I also hit that one very well. But, like I said, the sound of the 9064 is a little odd and i do not know how I like it....makes me feel like I should be in the batting cages

I have heard that the sound of the regular 9064 with the glued shaft is a lot nicer than that of the DFS, might want to give a try!

Mygolfspy.com rated the 9064 to be the best driver they tested in 2010 and I can certainly see why they did as I also hit that one very well. But, like I said, the sound of the 9064 is a little odd and i do not know how I like it....makes me feel like I should be in the batting cages

I have never heard of that site. The THP filter on my browser won't let my go to inferior forums.

You should definitely add the TM R-11 to your list of drivers to hit..

Have you tried the 910 D3 yet? .

Those two are much different drivers than the F11. I would say try the SF 2.0 or G15.

Just curious Kimeran, why are you focused on working that ball?

I like to work the ball a little from my drives so I can fade or draw the ball depending on the hole or how I am playing....

And ironically, I do not like the g15 but I like the i15 alot.

And the sf 2.0 is still white....

I like to work the ball a little from my drives so I can fade or draw the ball depending on the hole or how I am playing....

And ironically, I do not like the g15 but I like the i15 alot.

And the sf 2.0 is still white....

You did say that you were looking to avoid the white. Which is curious because I haven't read too many posts about people not liking the white after they've used the club.

I understand that you work the ball to match the hole shape or play on a given day. But I am in the same handicap range as you, and I find it too be more helpful to my scores to try not to work the ball and play to a number. Whenever I try to fade or draw my drives, I lose golf balls.

it can lead to lost balls on my really off days but to be honest I dont lose balls much anymore. My golf game has improved substantially since I stated on here that my handicap was around 15.

And to be honest I was guessing when I said 15 to begin with as I play better when I do not keep score.

The way I approach a hole is I just tell myself that it is a par 3,4,or 5 and see where I wind up...when i get it in the hole I will tell myself how many it was and then my goal is to completely forget by the time I walk onto the next tee box.

This has allowed me to clear my head and keep me from becoming frustrated with my game and in turn play better.

I can also tell you that I rarely miss the fairway by a large margin and my game suffers most from those approach shots that are within 65 yards or so....and my putting average I would put around 2.3-2.5....as a guesstimate.

I will tell you too that the superfast 2.0 even though I have not hit it, I hav looked at them at dicks and the driving range and the white just isnt something that I am comfortable looking down at...I find it distracting....I tend to not care much for the aids painted ontop either...but those I try to tolerate but I seem to be more comfortable with just straight black on the clubhead....

And I think that comes from the fact that I am a strong Iron player and your aim is based only on your feet and the alignment aid distracts me from that.

Back