Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that and their bats were solid....Utley only had 7 HR's in the post-season? He practically carried the team
Phillies are looking good! I only wish they woulda kept Lee. He was the only reason they made it to the World Series last year.

CC is on the ropes.

that and their bats were solid....Utley only had 7 HR's in the post-season? He practically carried the team

Utley was a beast last October...Howard not so much(at least against the Yankees) Ruiz had some big hits too.

How do you feel if you are Minnesota this morning? In your last 7 playoff games against the Yankees you had the lead in all 7. However the Yankees came back in all 7 and won. I expect a good one out of Pavano tonight. He pitched good against them last year in this same spot(although it was on the road). He seems to usually pitch well against the Yanks.

Nothing better than watching (one of if not) the greatest individual accomplishment in Philly sports history with my son on my lap. Something I'll always remember and tell him about when he's old enough to appreciate it. Glad I DVR'd it too. Phils are looking good. Let's get Polly back healthy, J-Roll into the #7 spot in the order and Victorino back leading off. Ready for Act 2 of the H20 Show! By the way, Cliff Who?

Nothing better than watching (one of if not) the greatest individual accomplishment in Philly sports history with my son on my lap. Something I'll always remember and tell him about when he's old enough to appreciate it. Glad I DVR'd it too. Phils are looking good. Let's get Polly back healthy, J-Roll into the #7 spot in the order and Victorino back leading off. Ready for Act 2 of the H20 Show! By the way, Cliff Who?

Just in case while basking in halladays no hit glory you missed it Lee didnt look too bad either. Rangers stole game 1 from the Rays behind some pretty good pitching by Lee. Just sayin..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Yanks are in the Twins heads......always coming back like that? Completely crushes a team's psyche
Utley was a beast last October...Howard not so much(at least against the Yankees) Ruiz had some big hits too.

How do you feel if you are Minnesota this morning? In your last 7 playoff games against the Yankees you had the lead in all 7. However the Yankees came back in all 7 and won. I expect a good one out of Pavano tonight. He pitched good against them last year in this same spot(although it was on the road). He seems to usually pitch well against the Yanks.

definitely don't think they stole it OEM. Looking at Lee's line he was just as good as Halladay and the Rangers needed to win the game that their best pitcher starts. Now if they win again then I think that's a stolen game. If the Rangers meet the Phils in the World Series the Lee vs. Halladay matchup could be EPIC
Just in case while basking in halladays no hit glory you missed it Lee didnt look too bad either. Rangers stole game 1 from the Rays behind some pretty good pitching by Lee. Just sayin..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Yanks are in the Twins heads......always coming back like that? Completely crushes a team's psyche

If the Yanks lost last night I would still think they would come back and win the series. With the way the Twins lost last night, I think its going to be hard for them to come back and win the series. I heard on the radio today that in the last 73 games against each other the Yankees are 55-18(stat could be off slightly).

Last edited:
Michael Young 3 run homer....5-0 Texas in the 5th.

He checked his swing on a 1-2 pitch, the appeal said no swing. It was close. Next pitch - HOME RUN

and now Joe Maddon is flipping out on the home plate umpire after making a pitching change

Michael Young 3 run homer....5-0 Texas in the 5th.

He checked his swing on a 1-2 pitch, the appeal said no swing. It was close. Next pitch - HOME RUN

I was just about to say that! Im pumped its young that hit it, No doubt he is my favorite player. He plays the game the way it should be played.

I was just about to say that! Im pumped its young that hit it, No doubt he is my favorite player. He plays the game the way it should be played.

looks like he should have been called out on the check swing...oh well

Wilson with a one hitter through 7 innings. Hes been a huge asset this year for the Strangers, who still lead 6-0.

Wilson had a very good day. Last year when he was in the bullpen I would hate when he came in because he would always blow the lead, but he stepped up this year.

Well I dont think the Rangers stole that one. Win 6-0!

2-0 looking to close it out at home on Saturday!

Would be cool to see the Rangers advance...hopefully they rail the Yankees.

So are the Rays done? They have been a quality team all year long and had the best record in the AL. What are the thoughts? Swept out of the playoffs or pride kicks in and they come back?

The Rangers have killed their best two pitchers, theyre done. Rangers win in a sweep for the first playoff series win in franchise history.

So are the Rays done? They have been a quality team all year long and had the best record in the AL. What are the thoughts? Swept out of the playoffs or pride kicks in and they come back?

going to be hard to win 2 in Texas. They can do it, but it won't be easy. Going there down 2-0, that stadium will be rocking on Saturday. When it comes down to it, to win the series they will have to beat Cliff Lee again which I don't think will happen. IF you are Joe Maddon, and you win game 3. Do you start Price on 3 days rest for game 4?

BERKMAN HOME RUN...that's an opposite field shot. 2-1 Yankees

Just remember the stat I gave earlier. In their last 7 postseason games against the Yankees the Twins have held a lead and lost. They were up 3-0 last night and lost, up 1-0 today and just fell behind.

The Rangers have killed their best two pitchers, theyre done. Rangers win in a sweep for the first playoff series win in franchise history.

I think they are done but I wouldnt say Shields is one of their two best pitchers. I would of started Garza and Niemann ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back