Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Yeah Paulo is better at this than me.

agree completely. my feelings aren't hurt. i'm mostly disappointed that paulo hasn't been around. we have avatars on the line here. i must admit, the weather and the delay had me in a serious funk (that and i'm tired) but in the end, there will be a ton of golf to watch tomorrow.

was foster dressed up in a USA rain suit this morning with you? I know I slept on the couch last night so I could get up and watch.

Right, who's been taking it too far when I wasn't looking? We can't go marring a famous victory at the Sunday afternoon backstroke with personal abuse.

Anyone know where I can buy a pair of those 'breathable' slacks the US team were wearing?

Anyone know where I can buy a pair of those 'breathable' slacks the US team were wearing?

If you're anywhere near Celtic Manor I saw a load of them in a skip.

agree completely. my feelings aren't hurt. i'm mostly disappointed that paulo hasn't been around. we have avatars on the line here. i must admit, the weather and the delay had me in a serious funk (that and i'm tired) but in the end, there will be a ton of golf to watch tomorrow.

TC, need to get some serious blueberry bacon muffins down to you for tomorrow....

If you're anywhere near Celtic Manor I saw a load of them in a skip.

They didn't realise that all you need to do is hang them out the window for an hour and they'll be good to go again.

Serious assessment - US really put the squeeze on us in the last hour out there. From a team perspective, not disappointed to see the matches finish there. Means we get to regroup and get back out there fresh. Can't decide if the format change is a good or a bad thing. For viewers - I think it's good. For purists - not good at all. For captains - a sleepless night deciding whether to switch up their pairings for the foursomes, or just pair up the 4 non-players and hope for the best. Then who do you send out in the foursomes in session 3? The hottest foursomes pair? What if these are your top fourball players too? Argh!

Still, the Europeans were talking about how they're the stronger team going towards number 9 - 12 on their list, so now's the perfect chance to prove it......please! :D

i'll be getting up early again tomorrow for it all over again! the way the play ended today, i think we're in for fireworks.

mary, i've never had a blueberry bacon muffin but wouldn't mind trying one.

paulo, wtf you been man? the missus had you running errands didn't she? i knew you were all talk.

paulo, wtf you been man? the missus had you running errands didn't she? i knew you were all talk.

I totally am! Sorry, had the day off work, but got called in due to an emergency. Apparently someone sent out a batch of beachwear dockers when the client had ordered waterproof trousers. Someone had to sort it out! :D

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Still, the Europeans were talking about how they're the stronger team going towards number 9 - 12 on their list, so now's the perfect chance to prove it......please! :D

They are with Paul Casey and all. Whoops, #7 is not in the top 12 by Montguntery's count. HA!

They are with Paul Casey and all. Whoops, #7 is not in the top 12 by Montguntery's count. HA!

Casey. Why would we need a top 10 player who drives the ball well, hits awesome irons and is solid on the greens? We've got Paddy. Did you see him go today? If so, where did he go? I missed him.

Casey. Why would we need a top 10 player who drives the ball well, hits awesome irons and is solid on the greens? We've got Paddy. Did you see him go today? If so, where did he go? I missed him.

THe voice of reason for the Euro viewers (which you have now been dubbed) was sorely missed today. I agree with you. Paddy with his many practice round eagles looked confused out there today.

Its a really good thing that your team is so strong. Otherwise Montguntery could be stressed. Guys like Kaymer, Westtooth, etc.. will make things much easier on his head and help him hibernate...I mean sleep.

I thought Paddy looked a little tight out there today. I am not sure if he feels obligated to do better because he did not have the points and is a controversial captain’s pick or if he feels like he is painting himself into his own corner from hell.

I was surprised when he came out and said that he was exhausted in the more recent RC’s but that he is well rested now. He really made a point of implying that he is really on that edge that you want to be on if you are an athlete. On the one hand maybe he wants to put it to himself. Paint himself into a corner and see if he can golf himself out. He did not look like he felt his A game today.

THe voice of reason for the Euro viewers (which you have now been dubbed) was sorely missed today. I agree with you. Paddy with his many practice round eagles looked confused out there today.

Its a really good thing that your team is so strong. Otherwise Montguntery could be stressed. Guys like Kaymer, Westtooth, etc.. will make things much easier on his head and help him hibernate...I mean sleep.

haha, if I'm the voice of reason - the whole of Europe is in trouble!

I half expected Paddy to get going after a couple of holes. Seems to be what he's been doing in the practice rounds. Makes a lot of birdies and a lot of mistakes. Didn't happen at all. Kaymer was a good example of a rookie struggling to find his feet, but he did just that and started contributing when it mattered.

That's my complaints just about done. On the other side, Westwood looked great after so long out. He's lost about 8 kilos (hides it well), and came out swinging. Poulter will be difficult to beat as he's totally up for this. Can't wait till the mechanic takes to the course, he looked like he was having great fun today, without even playing!

Rory didn't look great today.

I couldn't sleep last night. Golfer's elbow, Wendy's chili, a recent breakdown in my daughter's golf swing and tendinitis in her wrist, and wondering why the hell the following list is supposed to be scary to the U.S. team had me tossing and turning all night.

Luke Donald-Doesn't he wear visors?

Ross Fisher-Doesn't have a well used passport.

Peter Hanson-He's Swedish for God's sake. Swedish women golfers are scary. The men are just susceptible to sun burn.

Padraig Harrington-Jumping the Burn in The Open was impressive. That's been it for two years.

Miguel Angel Jimenez-Creepy old man. So kinda scary in a, who's that lurking outside the ladies room in a trenchcoat, way.

Martin Kaymer-Don't the Germans always lose in the end?

Graeme McDowell-Irish. Probably a heavy drinker.

Rory McIlroy-Hair is way too curly. Will probably become a heavy drinker. Right after he wets his pants in the first match. Luckily it will be raining.

Edoardo Molinari-Italian golfers? I don't get it. Good cooks, but golfers? I'd be more afraid of Mario Batali. The guy has wicked knife skills.

Francesco Molinari-Which one is which? See above.

Ian Poulter-Nancy boy. He's almost pretty when he gets angry.

Lee Westwood-His The Hills Have Eyes smile is scary. His game at the wire? Not so much.

Now I'll grant the Captain is a scary fellow. If you're a huge plate of haggis with extra pluck, or the rear inside panel of a kilt.

Kevin

haha, if I'm the voice of reason - the whole of Europe is in trouble!

I half expected Paddy to get going after a couple of holes. Seems to be what he's been doing in the practice rounds. Makes a lot of birdies and a lot of mistakes. Didn't happen at all. Kaymer was a good example of a rookie struggling to find his feet, but he did just that and started contributing when it mattered.

That's my complaints just about done. On the other side, Westwood looked great after so long out. He's lost about 8 kilos (hides it well), and came out swinging. Poulter will be difficult to beat as he's totally up for this. Can't wait till the mechanic takes to the course, he looked like he was having great fun today, without even playing!

Since I am sure you missed this, Esox's post is bumped for you. Hysterical.

Rory didn't look great today.

That's true. Without sounding stupid, he kinda reminded me of first day Seve. Not firing at all, but still getting up and down from places, just trying to feel his way into the game. I think he'll come good tomorrow.

Bubba and Overton really were flying until Bubba missed that short one. The break came at a good time for them. I think they could be a fragile team. Could either be awesome or miserable.

JB, thanks. Esox, I'd take that list apart! That is, if I could find fault with it! haha, awesome. :D

I thought Paddy looked a little tight out there today. I am not sure if he feels obligated to do better because he did not have the points and is a controversial captain’s pick or if he feels like he is painting himself into his own corner from hell.

I was surprised when he came out and said that he was exhausted in the more recent RC’s but that he is well rested now. He really made a point of implying that he is really on that edge that you want to be on if you are an athlete. On the one hand maybe he wants to put it to himself. Paint himself into a corner and see if he can golf himself out. He did not look like he felt his A game today.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So, what did I miss? I had to work today, and between appointments I was Montying out 100+ shrimp scampi. I'm assuming the U.S. squad, their spirits dampened by the gentle early Autumn Welsh drizzle, are getting their pampered asses kicked? I know our poor target golf boys just can't be handling these conditions well at all. The Euros, their skin already leathered from many years of play in the howling wind and pounding rain, except for Poulter who appears to have the creamiest skin of all the competitors aside from the two babies, probably took that early lead and ran it into a right smart drubbing.

Am I close in my assumptions?

Kevin

I thought Paddy looked a little tight out there today.

Of course he's tight. He's Irish. They're tight ten minutes after they get out of bed. It's Guinness morning, noon, and night for those Irish boys. Well, not all the time. Sometimes they drink whiskey with their potatoes.

Kevin

Haha... I'm watching in on ESPN right now. Errands and work really kept me from the live stuff. Really good matches. Crowd is into it which is also cool. Some clutch shots are also being made.

Tiger Woods and Matt Kuchar consider the Welsh scenery during the opening ceremonies.

Kevin

article-1316589-0B6BA1C0000005DC-597_634x830.jpg

Of course he's tight. He's Irish. They're tight ten minutes after they get out of bed. It's Guinness morning, noon, and night for those Irish boys. Well, not all the time. Sometimes they drink whiskey with their potatoes.

Your right Kev I forgot to take that into consideration.

Back