Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Big schedule change in regards to how things get played: Finish today's rounds first thing. Then second session will be 6 foursomes (alternate shot) ; third session, 2 foursomes (alt shot) and 4 fourballs (what we're playing today); final session 12 singles.

Means everyone is playing every match from here on out.

Big schedule change in regards to how things get played: Finish today's rounds first thing. Then second session will be 6 foursomes (alternate shot) ; third session, 2 foursomes (alt shot) and 4 fourballs (what we're playing today); final session 12 singles.

Means everyone is playing every match from here on out.

I understand it...but I don't know if that helps the US. We shall see

He did follow the ruling that was given to him didn't he?

I'll forgive you as you must have blurred vision at the moment and I am sorry that you don't fancy any of our team, I do hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the match too much.

He did follow the ruling that was given to him didn't he?

I'll forgive you as you must have blurred vision at the moment and I am sorry that you don't fancy any of our team, I do hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the match too much.

Ummmm okay. Coming from someone with Ross Fisher on the team, we expected more. But I guess if you have Montguntery and Westtooth, you cant expect much. It was one of the worst rulings I have ever seen in golf.

But I guess there is an easy way to look at this right now.

SCOREBOARD BABY!!!!!

5214.jpg

TO have to root for blown calls and gunt like images says it all. Enjoy rooting for that. I never will.

Clearly you do not read my posts. I am quite a fan of many of the Euro players. But I dont root for blown calls and whiners and complainers! NEVER!

I understand it...but I don't know if that helps the US. We shall see

Commentators on both ESPN and BBC don't think so because of Alt Shot in 8 of the next 12 matches, which is historically US weakness in Ryder cup.

I'm lost now - I have no idea what you are on about...aren't the away team winning btw?

wow, how can Fisher leave that short!? under the circumstances, that's the one thing you absolutely can't do!

But I dont root for blown calls and whiners and complainers! NEVER!

You're doing plenty of whining and complaining yourself.

I'm lost now - I have no idea what you are on about...aren't the away team winning btw?

Its a saying. ITS CALLED LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD...

We are winning. You should go back to worrying about which bad lie Westtooth is going to get free relief from next. The team that "had no shot" is winning.

Its a saying. ITS CALLED LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD...

We are winning. You should go back to worrying about which bad lie Westtooth is going to get free relief from next. The team that "had no shot" is winning.

You're doing plenty of whining and complaining yourself.

Im still in shock that the fancy boys from across teh pond are okay with that call.

Not a peep. The group that supported Fisher for his actions. The group that goes nuts against the US players can support a call like that without EVER saying a word.

I guess when the sun came out, so did the Kryptonite to all that humor from there. Well that and the good play. I think Paul Casey just said cheers to his friends WHERE HE LIVES back in the US!

I've got no idea what you're on about.

Guess part of Sergio the infant tyrant's job is to be surrounded by bevy of babes.

amazing turn of events! the euros seem to be feeling some pressure and the good looking guys have gotten some control. and amazingly, the forum follows suit! the golden boy rory is struggling horribly and our rookies are taking it to the captain's picks two-some. i love how the euros here have resorted to the defensive type of posting. grow some sack!

What on earth are you lot on about? I'm confused.

It's hard to go back to worrying about something you never gave a bean about.

Have you banged your head or something...you seem to be geting a little overwraught about the whole affair and losing the spirit of this thread - I thought the idea was fun and not pure vitriole. Just chill...it's not as if you own the freakin' place.....

Reactions: JB
Im still in shock that the fancy boys from across teh pond are okay with that call.

Not a peep. The group that supported Fisher for his actions. The group that goes nuts against the US players can support a call like that without EVER saying a word.

I guess when the sun came out, so did the Kryptonite to all that humor from there. Well that and the good play. I think Paul Casey just said cheers to his friends WHERE HE LIVES back in the US!

Good point. Where are the "purists" who said you and I were crazy in saying that having to play out of a divot in the fairway is the dumbest rule in golf? I guess if an official cheats (IMO) it's ok because the player played "within the rules".

It's hard to go back to worrying about something you never gave a bean about.

Have you banged your head or something...you seem to be geting a little overwraught about the whole affair and losing the spirit of this thread - I thought the idea was fun and not pure vitriole. Just chill...it's not as if you own the freakin' place.....

What in the blue hill are you talking about?

You dont care?

I find that hard to believe.

This is in fun, but I dont have to like bad calls, poor excuse for asking for bad calls, etc...Its funny to me how this thread turned as the US team lays it down on the pale golfers. And I am sure when the play better tomorrow, they will be back.

And one more thing. Dont tell me to chill! You cant tell tone from a post!

I'm genuinely confused. I understand that Westwood got a contentious call that allowed him relief. Though it looked like there was standing water in the bunker to me, I don't know enough about the rules to know whether that's OK or not. But what did Fisher do?

And LOL at whoever said the U.S. team is the good looking one.

That's all folks....

Going to be long night waiting for this to start up again. Will be interesting to see what the US does with pairing after change in format

Obviously I'm not the only one...never mind, let's move on.

Americans vs Palefaces eh? Rings a bell somwhere

The U.S won that session. Pretty evenly poised for tomorrow now.

The U.S won that session. Pretty evenly poised for tomorrow now.

they didn't win anything yet...still 0 points on the board. However, they all showed great fight after a rough start this morning.

Overton looks like a wide eyed farm boy talking about his first hole birdie

Back