RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
I didn't see a thread posted for this so I thought I would start it...
Bubba is wearing "Wimbledon Whites" all four days at the masters.

BubbaMastersPromo.jpg

I actually really like the idea and think that it is a cool tribute to the "other" country club sport. I am however, surprised that Travis Matthew isn't trying to wow people with the best of their lineup at the masters. Bubba is their only staffer in the field so I am surprised they are willing to take this risk. That said, they do seem to be getting some media attention through the process and if Bubba is in contention this weekend his wardrobe will certainly get a lot of air time.

The only real problem I have is that at Augusta all the Caddies wear white- so I wonder if it will be perceived differently or if he will simply blend in with the people on the bag and not the other golfers.

What are your thoughts? Edgy? Stupid? Ho-hum?

I like it in theory, but I prefer to see some color.

I like it in theory, but I prefer to see some color.

I'd prefer a little color myself mainly because I think he will look a lot like the caddies. But hey, TaylorMade had all their guys go "white out" style for a tournament earlier this year, but I think that was only for a day. Perhaps they feel the white might stand out against the course itself. I mean he'll rarely be shown on TV with the Caddies or his caddie I think?

I like that sweater and that belt buckle! I think it's a neat idea and I do like how white is synonymous with Wimbledon, but that's Wimbledon, not The Masters.

I was thinking the same Spiff. Why would you want to dress like a caddie? I can see the Wimbledon thing because of tradition and all, but I see no reason for it at the Masters??

First, as I recall, no wearing white pants before Memorial Day. So there's problem number 1. Second, Bubba is kinda of a lanky-tall skinny guy, so I'm not sure all white is his thing. I think it'll just look a little weird on him.

But then again, Fowler wears some of the strangest and most annoying colors, and he gets praised for it, so who am I to judge?

I am just not a fan of this all white look. To me it looks like the uniforms you see on tv for employees of a mental institution. It's just too sterile for my tastes. I would like to see some more color thrown into the mix. I think the whole monochromatic concept in general is a bit played out. Let's see some more color and variety!

I am however, surprised that Travis Matthew isn't trying to wow people with the best of their lineup at the masters. Bubba is their only staffer in the field so I am surprised they are willing to take this risk.

I guess I look at this and say, in some ways you are right. But keep in mind that this is Travis Mathew and most of their clothes are black, white and gray. Good media stunt to have Bubba go monotone, but I just see this as any other day wearing their clothes. I mean didn't Chris Kirk JUST do this?

017_Shell_Houston_Open_040311_Aaron_Baddelly_Chris_Kirk.350w_263h.jpg

I think this would be a nice idea if he were to wear it on one day only, but four days in nothing but solid white...I think that may be a little much.

Bubba, going for the Seaman look at Augusta. He's going to look funny with a white big.dumb.visor on.

Is it the Masters of Wimbledon, Bubba?

Sure hope he doesn't spill any of those delicious $1.50 Pimento Cheese and BBQ sandwiches on himself.

I think this would be a nice idea if he were to wear it on one day only, but four days in nothing but solid white...I think that may be a little much.

Absolutely agreed! 4 days no bueno, one day, I could deal.

I like it ... but for 4 days?

agreed, I think it's a cool one day outfit, but to do it all week seems a little over the top!

To me it looks like the uniforms you see on tv for employees of a mental institution.
LOL! A few of us were discussing this at work yesterday. The last person to wear white here(mental health facility I work at) was a Nurse some 17 years ago when all the nurses wore white. My how things have changed.
If any one person can pull off all white at Augusta, it will be Bubba.

Maybe white for the par 3 and then again on Sunday. All week long though will be just to much imo. I'm sure he'll take a ribbing on it from his fellow PGA pros.

That said, I'd love to have that belt!

I think it will work out ok, Bubba will not have his name on his back like the caddies have their players name, and I hope he chooses to wear a cap that is not green. Also the caddies coveralls are long sleeved I think, so he should stand out.

and people thought Dustin Johnson's outfits were boring..........LOL!

One day is enough.

Color would be nice but . But I like it.

So what do you think about the outfit now that it is in play?

34f082186894967f4eb46ecfbf5b5ed0-getty-107889036jl091_the_masters_.jpg

+6 in white....guess it didn't do him very good.....

+6 in white....guess it didn't do him very good.....

Yeah but he is hoofing for Rory on this round and making a few extra bucks, he did not even have to change.

Back